Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 08:00 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,219,329 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konraden View Post
The difference between a "wife beater" and a "pedophile," and an ex-convict, is that the former are currently engaged in that activity, and the later specifically isn't. Keep treating ex-cons like criminals, and they'll become them again. Want to know why we have such a tremendous jail population? Because you **** up once in your life and your life is ****ed up forever.

Period. End of story. Zero, Zilch. Nadda. Nothing ever will be the same--and you ****heads will remind people of that until they die, all because you're sociopaths.
Sociopaths? One might use that term to describe those who commit crimes against others. A pedophile specifically targets the weakest, the most innocent, the most defensless and without regard for the long term harm. That is the sociopath.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 08:03 PM

4,214 posts, read 3,759,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
They could accept cookies, I just would have to know and approve before they left our property.
Would you feel the same if you treated this neighbor this way and then he snuck into your house and molested your children one night? or your wife? WOuld you move next to another one with the same menatility after that? Your leaving yourself and your family wide open to a possible crime that could have been prevented if you had just kept your distance knowing the caliber of person you were dealing with.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:03 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Sociopaths? One might use that term to describe those who commit crimes against others. A pedophile specifically targets the weakest, the most innocent, the most defensless and without regard for the long term harm. That is the sociopath.
They don't generally see or understand the potential for long-term harm. That is why in general they do not qualify as sociopaths, and why cognitive-based therapy is important in treatment of sexual pathologies.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:04 PM

Quote:
They could accept cookies, I just would have to know and approve before they left our property.
And of course over time as you granted permission and they became comfortable they would never be lured away?
If you refuse to be honest we have nothing more to discuss. Kids break rules on occasion for a variety of reasons. Normally lack of consideration for consequences. A childs logic is simple at best. It was okay yesterday so its okay today. dad said I could 5 times already he will say yes again anyway.
Out oc curiosity what are your thoughts about adults who have sexual relations with children?

Old 08-28-2012, 08:05 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
Would you feel the same if you treated this neighbor this way and then he snuck into your house and molested your children one night? or your wife? WOuld you move next to another one with the same menatility after that? Your leaving yourself and your family wide open to a possible crime that could have been prevented if you had just kept your distance knowing the caliber of person you were dealing with.
If he snuck into my house, how would that have been prevented by treating him like a piece of **** from the get-go?

Old 08-28-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
If he snuck into my house, how would that have been prevented by treating him like a piece of **** from the get-go?
He might have been afraid what would happen if you caught him. This might have caused him to opt for another house than yours.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:09 PM

Quote:
They don't generally see or understand the potential for long-term harm. That is why in general they do not qualify as sociopaths, and why cognitive-based therapy is important in treatment of sexual pathologies.
They dont see or dont care? Are we depending on the verasity of those caught? What would they be expected to say? Well yeah I knew if I molested those boys it would bother them for years to come but I did it anyway.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:10 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
I for one think people have a right to know when a convicted sex offender moves in next door. Facts are facts, rapists tend to repeat. Pedophiles tend to repeat.
Some may be ok with having a child molester next door eyeing their kids, but I most certainly am not. Oh he lives 3 blocks away but 1 block from the icecream parlor? In life there are consequences. Get caught drunk driving and you are not allowed to drive. Do it multiple times and maybe you are banned for life.
18 year old had sex with a 15 year old. Pretty sure he knew it was jailbait.
Baseball coach fondles his pitcher. Well I am certain that I dont want him coaching any other kids.
The families take a hit for what the offender did?
So do the families of serial killers, murderers and drug dealers.
Then why not have a list of murders. I don't want to have one living next door. I don't want a drug dealer living next door either. Why don't we get a list for that?

Old 08-28-2012, 08:10 PM

3,614 posts, read 3,502,493 times
Quote:
Some of us here are capable of empathy. Clearly you two aren't because the only thing you've focused on is the killing, degradation, imrpisonment, societal abandonment, and other such activities of former criminals.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Then why not have a list of murders. I don't want to have one living next door. I don't want a drug dealer living next door either. Why don't we get a list for that?
I would be for this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies