Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 03:07 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,321,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
So collateral damage is OK with you?

And you have no problem with registering kids for consensual sex?
And when did we start calling sex with a child consensual?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 03:11 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,442,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
And when did we start calling sex with a child consensual?
Legal consent and actual consent are not the same.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Legal consent and actual consent are not the same.
Why don't you explain the difference to me, as pertains to a 12 year old child.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:17 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,472,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
I do.

This is a totally failed effort. Registering selected criminals is like being in Boston with the Scarlet Letter 300 years ago.

It's cruel and unusual punishment and should end.

And if you research further you will find that many on the list are not even sex offenders. And some are just kids having consensual sex.

There is absolutely no need for this registration.

I would rather register rogue cops and rogue DAs than sex offenders.
I agree! If we are going to have a list then we need a list of every one that has been in jail. I really don't want a murderer living next door to me. We don't have a list for that.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Why don't you explain the difference to me, as pertains to a 12 year old child.
A 12-year-old child who is a willing participant in a sexual act has given consent to it. The law does not recognize that child's consent as a defense. That's the difference.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
I agree! If we are going to have a list then we need a list of every one that has been in jail. I really don't want a murderer living next door to me. We don't have a list for that.
I agree, and there should be check forger registries, drunk driver registries, etc.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
A 12-year-old child who is a willing participant in a sexual act has given consent to it. The law does not recognize that child's consent as a defense. That's the difference.
So your thinking is, if a 12 year old does not resist sexual advances, she is a willing participant? Do you think it is normal for someone to find a prepubescent child sexually attractive?

Old 08-28-2012, 03:25 PM

16,870 posts, read 10,512,375 times
I don't like the sex offender laws that essentially ban sex offenders from living in towns. That just causes them to clump together in a few target towns or worse, what was happening in one state that essentially ban them from living in towns, they were creating tent cities in the woods all over the place. Would you rather have them living in an area with police where they can be watched by everyone, or running around the woods in the middle of the night?

Old 08-28-2012, 03:31 PM

Quote:
So your thinking is, if a 12 year old does not resist sexual advances, she is a willing participant?
Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Quote:
Do you think it is normal for someone to find a prepubescent child sexually attractive?
No, that is considered a sexual pathology or paraphilia. Not all 12-year-olds are prepubescent, of course. But either way, that doesn't determine whether they can be factually willing participants in sexual acts, despite the fact that the law does not recognize consent as a defense in such cases.

The age of consent was 12 or even lower in many U.S. states until about a century ago, and it was 12 in Spain until 1996, when it was raised to 13.

Old 08-28-2012, 03:32 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,472,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustangman66 View Post
So those opposed to a list. Would you rather just cut their genitals off and tattoo there forehead with "sex offender"? Im ok with both...in fact I like cutting the goods off and tattooing them. They ruined the life of someone else therefore their life shold be ruined.

I for one appreciate the list because it comes in handy when looking to relocate. We saw many nice houses but when when looking at the registered sex offender list decided on other neighborhoods. Unfortunately there are some on the list that have had consentual sex and been convicted of sexual assault even though he may be 18 and she was 17. This instance should not be placed on the list, the rest of them, feed them to the wolves.

The fact that some people care for the welfare of these scumbags is beyond me. It doesnt effect you...let them suffer in any way possible.
Are you are aware that some don't sign up for the registry and just disappear?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies