Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 07:46 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
are you wanting to say because some women lie about being raped that justifies ignoring the women that are raped?
That would not be my position.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Yup. That about sums it up.

And it's ALL BILL CLINTON'S FAULT! IGNORE THE REPUBLICANS ON THIS ISSUE AND REMEMBER BILL CLINTON SUCKS!!!!!!!

Pathetic, huh?

When Bill Clinton runs for president we'll discuss whether or not he's a rapist. In the meantime the Reps have said that pretty much all women are lying whores who never tell the truth about their sex lives and must be prevented from killing their babies.

I have no idea why they expect a single woman to vote for them.
It's not about Clinton, it's about you.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:51 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I simply want to know someone's opinion on something related to what they brought up. I want to know if they are the same as the people they complain about.
YOU were the only who brought up Bill Clinton. I have no idea if he's a rapist or not. Frankly it wouldn't surprise me. He was pretty scummy for cheating on Hillary. If I were her, I would have smacked him and divorced him in five seconds flat. When he runs for president I won't vote for him.

I know that Republicans think women lie about rape and should be prevented from having abortions even if they have been raped. How do you feel about that stance? Do you agree with it? Because that's a disgusting view of women even for the Reps. No amount of spin can make that come out sounding like anything but contempt for half the human race.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:53 PM

Quote:
It's not about Clinton, it's about you.
It's really about your inability to defend current Republican policies on this issue.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:54 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Quote:
That would not be my position.
so because a small percentage of women lie about being raped you can discount the 75,000 plus women who were violently raped. and you are good with that thought?

sorry I just saw the "not"

just what are you wanting to say?

Old 08-28-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
YOU were the only who brought up Bill Clinton. I have no idea if he's a rapist or not. Frankly it wouldn't surprise me. He was pretty scummy for cheating on Hillary. If I were her, I would have smacked him and divorced him in five seconds flat. When he runs for president I won't vote for him.
O.K., fair enough. See, that wasn't that hard.

Quote:
I know that Republicans think women lie about rape and should be prevented from having abortions even if they have been raped. How do you feel about that stance? Do you agree with it? Because that's a disgusting view of women even for the Reps. No amount of spin can make that come out sounding like anything but contempt for half the human race.
I have a real problem with abortion, period. Being a libertarian for the most part I believe the most important thing to liberty is first of all life.

That said, if abortion was only about those who had been raped there would be no abortion debate. It would be such a small number that it wouldn't likely register. We also are not going to ban abortion in cases of rape either, so with that the case, I would fund abortions for rape that are reported.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:58 PM

Quote:
so because a small percentage of women lie about being raped you can discount the 75,000 plus women who were violently raped. and you are good with that thought?

See my previous post.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:59 PM

18,383 posts, read 19,015,863 times
got it, thanks

Old 08-28-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:

He's trying to say that Bill Clinton is a rapist but the Dems have no problem with him. Or that women are hypocrites who will vote for Bill Clinton the rapist. Or that I am personally a hypocrite who supports rapists as long as they are Republican.

Because women suck obviously. We're birdbrained hypocrites. So go vote Republican and surrender control of your uterus to old men. Because Bill Clinton was a rapist!!!!!!!!

I know I'm convinced.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
He's trying to say that Bill Clinton is a rapist but the Dems have no problem with him. Or that women are hypocrites who will vote for Bill Clinton the rapist. Or that I am personally a hypocrite who supports rapists as long as they are Republican.
See, I tried very hard to not put words in your mouth and allow you to speak for yourself. I said that when you finally answered that your answer was fair enough and I made no disparaging remarks towards you did I? It seems you were unable to do the same in return. {shrug}
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies