Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 08:03 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times

Advertisements

“I know what it’s like to worry whether you’re going to get fired,” Mr. Romney said. “There were a couple of times I wondered whether I was going to get a pink slip.”

Gingrich nailed it on the head when he accused Romney of "pious baloney."

Romney's Fear of Firing, Minus the Details - NYTimes.com

Old 08-28-2012, 08:12 PM

29,819 posts, read 24,902,718 times
It's a politicians job to talk. Everyone says dumb things if they talk enough, and as they continue talking, that list grows. Romney's quotes just show he's painfully out of touch. Admitably, the worst possible candidate the Repukes could have shoved down our throats. None the less, that's what we have to work with, and it's still better than the Stalin wanna be.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:12 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
“I know what it’s like to worry whether you’re going to get fired,” Mr. Romney said. “There were a couple of times I wondered whether I was going to get a pink slip.”

Gingrich nailed it on the head when he accused Romney of "pious baloney."

Romney's Fear of Firing, Minus the Details - NYTimes.com
Romney did make an error in using the line "I like to fire people.......", even though he was conveying consumer choice in health care. You just don't formulate a policy statement that way.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:11 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
It's a politicians job to talk. Everyone says dumb things if they talk enough, and as they continue talking, that list grows. Romney's quotes just show he's painfully out of touch. Admitably, the worst possible candidate the Repukes could have shoved down our throats. None the less, that's what we have to work with, and it's still better than the Stalin wanna be.
And yet, he's still ahead of the TOTUS/POTUS in the polls... At least the man has some ideas, and a clue as to what leadership is about.

As they say, fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me. Looks like the American people won't be fooled a second time.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:29 PM

288 posts, read 283,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
Here -- Mitt Romney Quotes - Dumb Quotations from Romney

I love this one -- 8. "I should tell my story. I'm also unemployed." —Mitt Romney, speaking in 2011 to unemployed people in Florida. Romney's net worth is over $200 million.

Who in the world can back this guy with a straight face?
They need to add this:

" I understand how difficult it can be for an African-American in today’s society. In fact, I can relate to black people very well indeed. My ancestors once owned slaves, and it is in my lineage to work closely with the black community. However, just because they were freed over a century ago doesn’t mean they can now be freeloaders. They need to be told to work hard, and the incentives just aren’t there for them anymore. When I’m president I plan to work closely with the black community to bring a sense of pride and work ethic back into view for them"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies