Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 02:04 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenneth-Kaunda View Post
but how can castration be done with happiness and well-being in mind and
As much as I love my animals, they are not humans, and as such, are not capable of always making the best decisions for themselves. And, as their "caretaker," I take that responsibility very seriously and try very hard to do what is right and responsible.

Just because a single unspayed cat can be responsible for the birth of thousands of kittens does not mean they should be allowed to. As their "caretakers," it is up to us to make the responsible decision to make sure that they aren't allowed to reproduce unchecked.

I guarantee that a cat or dog who is allowed to have two litters a year, year after year, will NOT have the same quality of life - or even the same length of life - that a dog or a cat who is spayed will have.
Quote:
do you think a person would be happy to have this done to them?
Millions of people make this decision every year and are happy to be able to have a healthy sex life without the worry of pregnancy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 02:26 AM

Quote:

Isn't this what occurs though to many people around the world - ie: get sick and have no money - then you are just left to die.
Nobody should die because they get sick and have no money.

Nobody.

But it happens every day in this country.

Old 08-29-2012, 02:34 AM

5,190 posts, read 4,838,336 times
because it happens every day does that mean it is acceptable?

those that have the power to change this do not do so, probably because it is against their self-interest.

so you either pay or die.

do those that encourage this system wish it upon their grandchildren?

Old 08-29-2012, 03:06 AM

Quote:
because it happens every day does that mean it is acceptable?
No.......it is not acceptable.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:33 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,109,663 times
You think spaying a dog is cruel? Visit a puppy mill and look at the condition of the "breeding stock", then tell me if it isn;t cruel.

As for euthanizing a pet, I think it's the ultimate act of love.

As for the rest, Hitler had the same ideas, and practiced them to the tune of over 9 million dead.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:37 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,484,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
I doubt very much that there is a single animal on my property, who if they could reason, would think they were a slave. LOL

And spaying and neutering is a routine practice around here for the dogs and cats and the boy baby goats get castrated, as well. All done with their health and happiness and well-being in mind. There are not enough loving homes for the dogs and cats that are born every year in this country, and responsible pet owner makes sure their own pets don't contribute to the overpopulation problem. Humans can make the same choice for themselves; it is up to humans to make that decision for their pets.

Euthanizing a dog (or cat or any other animal) when they are suffering due to old age or injury or illness is an act of love, kindness, and compassion. I believe in "death with dignity" for humans, too, and I am glad I live in a state where it is legal.
Nor do I think a female animal has the capacity to "want" children.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:44 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,147,970 times
Quote:
Many of us keep pets, or benefit from animal slavery - such as farm produce.

When we have an old dog that gets sick, many of us just take it to the vet to be 'put down'.

When we have a female dog that becomes inconvenient because she wants children, then we get her 'spayed' - ie: destroy her internal organs.

Imagine we did this with humans?

Isn't this what occurs though to many people around the world - ie: get sick and have no money - then you are just left to die.

Can't afford to keep the master happy - then it's off to the sweatshop or factory for slave wages (in the 3rd World at least)

yet many of us benefit from the cheap products whilst turning a blind eye.

wouldn't it just be simpler to reintroduce slavery?

and how about the dog that gets spayed? - in the human case, then the woman who wants inconvenient children will likely have her organs psychologically destroyed by societal consensus.
Well, you pretty much summed up the Republican platform!

Republicans believe that low wages are good so no wages must be even better!

Republicans believe women are nothing more than sex slaves already...poor and middle class men will be next.

Why not? The Wealthy get what they want and they want everything.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:55 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,938,373 times
This is the dumbest thread I think I have ever read on C-D. It's called a revolution. Try doing this with people and see what happens.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:56 AM

9,855 posts, read 15,204,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well, you pretty much summed up the Republican platform!

Republicans believe that low wages are good so no wages must be even better!

Republicans believe women are nothing more than sex slaves already...poor and middle class men will be next.

Why not? The Wealthy get what they want and they want everything.
When did any republican ever say anything remotely close to this?

That is as stupid as claiming the liberal platform is that no one ever wants to work a day in their lives.

Good god the stupidity on this forum...

Old 08-29-2012, 07:06 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qr5667 View Post
I agree with the spaying part whole heartedly. Most problems in society can be traced to poor people breeding. Eugenics is an idea whose time came, and never left.
Bill Gates or Warren Buffett, is that you?

Eugenics = evil on earth.

Genesis 1:27-30
27God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28God blessed them; and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth, and subdue it; and rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over every living thing that moves on the earth.” 29Then God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; 30and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food”; and it was so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies