Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 12:38 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,460,459 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
See the movie , 'the mouse that roared' to see the outcome.

Cascadia would invade the US, lose and we would give them billions in foreign aid.
Chances are Cascadia would be like Switzerland as a neutral country. Never in their right minds would they be able to convince the liberal population to go to war vs the worlds most powerful military. Anyways That sounds life what more a cult would do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 01:01 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times
"As for military, Cascadia would probably have a small humanitarian military that was used in the time of need and for peaceful purposes"

Good thaty means we can stop your Sepratist movement since not like people in vaocuer have not seen Civil Disobedience and the city mmessed up and that was becauser we did not win the stanley cup so stopping a bunch of utopian hippies will be easy snce we just had some pratice of putting down Civil Un-Rest and wii enjoy the Serperation movement being put down so hope Canadian so enjoy Great fresh PNW Air with the nice hint of Heavy Tear Gas Dispersed around and enjoy the quite calming nosie of the LRAD.

Good thing we did the comprehensive Review to leanr from pour mistakes sto ensure we do a better job of control next time but it will be hard to get a protest going Vancouver unless the we lost the Final of the stanley cuup but with a player lockout there will be no hockey and it will be a small group of people.

Vancouver: Riot/Police - YouTube

Old 08-30-2012, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
"As for military, Cascadia would probably have a small humanitarian military that was used in the time of need and for peaceful purposes"

Good thaty means we can stop your Sepratist movement since not like people in vaocuer have not seen Civil Disobedience and the city mmessed up and that was becauser we did not win the stanley cup so stopping a bunch of utopian hippies will be easy snce we just had some pratice of putting down Civil Un-Rest and wii enjoy the Serperation movement being put down so hope Canadian so enjoy Great fresh PNW Air with the nice hint of Heavy Tear Gas Dispersed around and enjoy the quite calming nosie of the LRAD.

Good thing we did the comprehensive Review to leanr from pour mistakes sto ensure we do a better job of control next time but it will be hard to get a protest going Vancouver unless the we lost the Final of the stanley cuup but with a player lockout there will be no hockey and it will be a small group of people.

Thats what I feel too And a small national guard to protect our coasts

Old 08-30-2012, 01:28 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,313,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanXL View Post
Thats what I feel too And a small national guard to protect our coasts
i hop[e the send in the national Gurd to stiop you from Breaking up canada and the U.S. so Guess were on a diffrent sides on the Issue.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:32 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,519,162 times
Quote:

Man, it must be sort of hard to type a post on your Iphone when drunk! A few too many Kokanees for breakfast there, eh? Did TexDav write that one?

Oh and I will stress that as a resident of Oregon, I have no desire to merge with Washington and/or BC. I like not having a sales tax and I don't want to be associated with the Vancouver Canucks and their whiny hockey fans angry about certain overpaid goaltenders who choke every year in the playoffs.

Great Chinese food though!

Old 08-30-2012, 01:36 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,378,099 times
if they try, America will just send in 5 or 6 rednecks and put down the stupidity.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:38 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:

Struggling to get through your poorly written statement, I hope I understand it correctly, if not, feel free to correct it and try to watch the spelling errors, too many make it too hard to read.

You are saying that because people in Vancouver had a drunken riot over their hockey team losing means that Cascadia would have an aggressive army or wouldn't be able to control their people, I am not buying it.

If I misread your post feel free to respond with a more clear statement, I am sorry, I really tried to reread it over a few times to see if I could understand it correctly.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:40 PM

1,327 posts, read 3,180,110 times
Oh wow. This is exciting. I'm actually a pretty close friend of the guy who designed the 'Doug' flag, I am a huge advocate for the Cascadia movement.

I'll write back my opinions on why it would be better after I read this thread over!

Old 08-30-2012, 01:42 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post
Man, it must be sort of hard to type a post on your Iphone when drunk! A few too many Kokanees for breakfast there, eh? Did TexDav write that one?

Oh and I will stress that as a resident of Oregon, I have no desire to merge with Washington and/or BC. I like not having a sales tax and I don't want to be associated with the Vancouver Canucks and their whiny hockey fans angry about certain overpaid goaltenders who choke every year in the playoffs.

It would be one country, but it would probably have three divisions or states within the one little country. So Oregon could probably keep their no sales tax.

Old 08-30-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezus View Post

chances are it would be seperated into individual states or districts so you probably would be able to keep your no sales tax, then again they could also find balance taxes that could please everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies