Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 08:13 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,943,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
I actually saw video of this and it was nowhere near so cut and dried. I am glad the soldier was aquitted.

This woman played a very dangerous game with the military of a nation at war with extremists and lost. She was utterly stupid in doing so and she paid with her life. It was a worthless effort and she was on the wrong side.

I feel for her family but she gave up her life to protect terrorists.
I have always felt that the U.S. should not take sides at all. I am starting to believe that maybe we should and that should be with innocent victims. Israel has American blood on their hands...and it is not the first time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 08:14 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,344,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Really, you would not expect a bulldozer going 2 mph to stop? Maybe you are right. In the U.S., you would expect a bulldozer not to run over you. People here expect traffic to stop when you cross the road. However, in Israel, which is rampant with human rights abuse, one should never expect them to do the right thing.
I would not expect someone to stand in front of a running bulldozer.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:17 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,073,562 times
Quote:
A court in Israel called the killing of the American activist a regrettable accident. The protestor placed herself in between a bulldozer and palestinian home. Dressed in orange as to not be missed the bulldozer ran over her, stayed on top of her for a few moments and then backed up and ran over her again.

Bystanders say there is no way that the soldier could not see her.

WIth friends like these who needs enemies. I don't think she should have been there protesting. She should not expect U.S. support for doing this on her own. But by the same token, if Israel kills Americans they should not expect any American support. Cut off all aid and all weapons. They are not our friends.

U.S. activist's death a 'regrettable accident,' Israeli court rules - Yahoo! News
OK, and your point is?

I somehow don't think you are outraged at the senseless murder of Israelis by their neighbors

Seems like their alot of Anti Semites on city data lately So much hatred on display AGAIN by the left

Old 08-29-2012, 08:21 AM

17,400 posts, read 11,967,439 times
Quote:
Really, you would not expect a bulldozer going 2 mph to stop? Maybe you are right. In the U.S., you would expect a bulldozer not to run over you. People here expect traffic to stop when you cross the road. However, in Israel, which is rampant with human rights abuse, one should never expect them to do the right thing.
Really? You would not expect an able-bodied woman, with a bulldozer coming at her, to get out of the way?

Stupid should hurt. And sometimes it kills you.

I gotta love the lefties. Accusing Israel of human rights abuses, when they embrace Palestinian causes with all their hearts.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
OK, and your point is?

I somehow don't think you are outraged at the senseless murder of Israelis by their neighbors

Seems like their alot of Anti Semites on city data lately So much hatred on display AGAIN by the left
Amazing that it took 13 posts before the predictable anti-semite slander is thrown out. You win the prize for the being the first. Congratulations.

My point? HOw could you miss it. An Israeli soldier intentionally runs over an american activist and the Israeli court clears him by calling it an accident. Based on the facts that are in the article, There is simply no way this was an accident. It was murder, and the soldier remains unpunished. That is the point for those to obtuse to devine it.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Really? You would not expect an able-bodied woman, with a bulldozer coming at her, to get out of the way?

Stupid should hurt. And sometimes it kills you.

I gotta love the lefties. Accusing Israel of human rights abuses, when they embrace Palestinian causes with all their hearts.
What I would expect is that an Israeli Soldier to not murder an unarmed american, and if he did I would expect that he be punished. This has nothing to do with taking palestinian side. I don't want us there at all. I am not for helping either side. But lets be clear, Israel is not our friend.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:28 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
A court in Israel called the killing of the American activist a regrettable accident. The protestor placed herself in between a bulldozer and palestinian home. Dressed in orange as to not be missed the bulldozer ran over her, stayed on top of her for a few moments and then backed up and ran over her again.

Bystanders say there is no way that the soldier could not see her.

WIth friends like these who needs enemies. I don't think she should have been there protesting. She should not expect U.S. support for doing this on her own. But by the same token, if Israel kills Americans they should not expect any American support. Cut off all aid and all weapons. They are not our friends.

U.S. activist's death a 'regrettable accident,' Israeli court rules - Yahoo! News
Have you ever driven a bulldozer? It's difficult to see some objects down and in front of you.

Quote:
The judge called the death a "regrettable accident," and said Rachel Corrie "did not distance herself from the area, as any thinking person would have done."
"She consciously put herself in harm's way," Judge Oded Gershon said, adding that the driver of the bulldozer could not have seen Corrie, 23.

Seriously? You stand in front of a bulldozer? That's the same as pointing a gun at a cop and then your family suing the police force for shooting your ____(fill in the blank, son, daughter, etc etc).

Don't get me wrong, I feel bad that someone died, that a life was lost, but again, seriously? It's not like that bulldozer is going 100 mph. If you cannot walk out of the way, and simply chose to stand there, then we have a new and exciting term. "Suicide by bulldozer".

Old 08-29-2012, 08:29 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,917,108 times
Quote:
What I would expect is that an Israeli Soldier to not murder an unarmed american, and if he did I would expect that he be punished. This has nothing to do with taking palestinian side. I don't want us there at all. I am not for helping either side. But lets be clear, Israel is not our friend.
What I would expect from an American activist is to do their protesting on US soil, not on foreign soil. An American on foreign soil can have no realistic expectations that they will be treated in any foreign country as they might be at home.

I can respect the activist at Tienanmen Square for standing in front of the tank and choosing to sacrifice his life to bring attention to the oppression of his own people in an attempt to change his own country. I have real problems with this woman not only doing what she did on foreign soil but her parents suing for damages. Her parents should not profit from their daughter's illegal behavior on foreign soil.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post

Seriously? You stand in front of a bulldozer? That's the same as pointing a gun at a cop and then your family suing the police force for shooting your ____(fill in the blank, son, daughter, etc etc).
Your anology is simply wrong. It would be the same as standing unarmed in front of a cop with a gun and refusing to move and then the cop shoots you. That would be excessive use of force and considered murder. Lets get our analogies correct.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:37 AM

20,458 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
I have always felt that the U.S. should not take sides at all. I am starting to believe that maybe we should and that should be with innocent victims. Israel has American blood on their hands...and it is not the first time.
innocent victims my foot. the palistinians hold to one simple reality. the utter distruction of Israel as a nation. You cannot be innocent and believe in that kind of crazy.

They are terrorists.

and the Palistinians can have thier own nation in a matter of 2 years, by simply ending this stupid approach. If they stop fighting the war there is over. period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies