Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 12:26 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Are you going to tell me that you have never witnessed blacks getting punished harshly for the same offense a white employee gets a slap on wrist for?
It happpens to both black and white...period...you do a [MOD CUT] job, you pay the price....

Sorry, I'm not falling for your racist crap..

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-29-2012 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: bypassing the filter
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 12:27 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,640,761 times
Quote:
I hate this. We should have fought harder. Now it is to late and our children will suffer because of it.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/05/op...ic-sector.html
That is an opinion page from 2011. Perhaps you should have a mod move this thread the the History Forum.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:28 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Nope. Im saying this push is because its much harder to discriminate in public sector jobs. Thats why the tea party hates the public sector. In the private sector racism in rampant.
Much harder?

Public jobs are the shining example of discrimination. They are the flagship for affirmative action jobs.

The reason why many of us dislike public jobs is because they hire based on political agendas and they manage themselves like a drunken sailor on leave. The are sorely inefficient and the wages are often far above the level of work required.

In the private sector, you have to work, compete and actually provide something for the pay you obtain. You can't simply do simpleton jobs and hope to make platinum wages. Your value is that of the effort you put into your work and the demand for the work you provide.

I don't know how this is bad news for black people, unless you are suggesting black people aren't capable of actually competing in the market? I don't believe that, I know several network engineers, programmers, and administrators who are highly qualified in their fields. They didn't get their jobs because of their color, they got them because they were very skilled in their disciplines.

Maybe have a bit more faith in people and dust off that chip on your shoulder?

Old 08-29-2012, 12:30 PM

376 posts, read 295,665 times
Quote:
Nope. Im saying this push is because its much harder to discriminate in public sector jobs. Thats why the tea party hates the public sector. In the private sector racism in rampant.

So what I'm hearing is that there are scads of highly qualified black folks out there looking for work but whitey isn't hiring. Is there any reason you haven't exploited this opportunity by having an idea, taking a risk and forming a company to provide gainful employment opportunity to this vast underutilized labor pool, thereby profiting yourself and benifiting society in the process?

Old 08-29-2012, 12:35 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
Quote:
Are you going to tell me that you have never witnessed blacks getting punished harshly for the same offense a white employee gets a slap on wrist for?
I personally haven't. I have seen people of all races get off with a slap on the wrist when they shouldn't. I also often see people cry discrimination (whether it be for race, sex, age) when there isn't any. It is easy to call someone a racist/sexist/etc. because it takes the onus for action off of yourself.

Old 08-29-2012, 12:43 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient1 View Post
So what I'm hearing is that there are scads of highly qualified black folks out there looking for work but whitey isn't hiring. Is there any reason you haven't exploited this opportunity by having an idea, taking a risk and forming a company to provide gainful employment opportunity to this vast underutilized labor pool, thereby profiting yourself and benifiting society in the process?
Care to provide the capital?

Old 08-29-2012, 12:46 PM

78,326 posts, read 60,527,398 times
OMG that Teaparty has a powerful hold on Chicago!

Aspiring Black Firefighters Cautious About Chicago Department, After Court Dispute « CBS Chicago

Old 08-29-2012, 12:46 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,528,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
I personally haven't. I have seen people of all races get off with a slap on the wrist when they shouldn't. I also often see people cry discrimination (whether it be for race, sex, age) when there isn't any. It is easy to call someone a racist/sexist/etc. because it takes the onus for action off of yourself.
You probably have not been paying attention then.

this is at schools but its the same in the workplace.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/06/ed...ata-shows.html

Old 08-29-2012, 12:47 PM

376 posts, read 295,665 times
Quote:
What do you have in mind?

Old 08-29-2012, 12:49 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,946,110 times
Quote:
Well, without a business plan, a market analysis, or even an idea provided to go on, your request is no different than a homeless person holding their hand out.

So what do you think their answer will be?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies