Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 01:52 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,017,383 times

Advertisements

Bob Is A Racist - YouTube

Thought this was pretty amusing..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 03:00 PM

876 posts, read 707,571 times
That was pretty good. I am tired of being called a racist because I am not voting for obama. Why is it racist?
Maybe we should take a look at how obama feels about race from his book, "Dreams from my Father".

"Certain white's could be excluded from the general category of our distrust".

"I learned to slip back and forth between my black and white worlds. One of those thricks I had learned: People were satisftied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made not sudden moves. They were more satisfied; they were relieved-"such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

"To avoind being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active students. The foreighn students. The chicanos. Th Marxist professors and structural feminists.

"Tim was not a conscious brother. Tim wore argyle sweaters and pressed jeans and talked like Beaver Cleaver. He planned to major in business. His white girlfriend was probably waiting for hin in his room, listening to country music. "Tim's a trip, ain't he?", I said, shaking my head. "He should change his name from Tim to Tom.".

Describing his boss when he was acommunity organizer: "There was something about him that made me wary. A little too sure of himself, maybe. And white".

Describing how he felt about what he read about Malcolm X: "Malcolm's discovery toward the end of life, that some whites might live beside him as brother's in Islam, seemed to offer some hope of eventual reconcilliation."

These are just a few. Pick your favorite.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:26 PM

30,740 posts, read 21,872,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seahawkgirl View Post
That was pretty good. I am tired of being called a racist because I am not voting for obama. Why is it racist?
Maybe we should take a look at how obama feels about race from his book, "Dreams from my Father".

"Certain white's could be excluded from the general category of our distrust".

"I learned to slip back and forth between my black and white worlds. One of those thricks I had learned: People were satisftied so long as you were courteous and smiled and made not sudden moves. They were more satisfied; they were relieved-"such a pleasant surprise to find a well-mannered young black man who didn't seem angry all the time."

"To avoind being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully. The more politically active students. The foreighn students. The chicanos. Th Marxist professors and structural feminists.

"Tim was not a conscious brother. Tim wore argyle sweaters and pressed jeans and talked like Beaver Cleaver. He planned to major in business. His white girlfriend was probably waiting for hin in his room, listening to country music. "Tim's a trip, ain't he?", I said, shaking my head. "He should change his name from Tim to Tom.".

Describing his boss when he was acommunity organizer: "There was something about him that made me wary. A little too sure of himself, maybe. And white".

Describing how he felt about what he read about Malcolm X: "Malcolm's discovery toward the end of life, that some whites might live beside him as brother's in Islam, seemed to offer some hope of eventual reconcilliation."

These are just a few. Pick your favorite.
Sounds like he just played to what ever people he was around at the time. 99% of everyone will adjust to their surroundings in the same way. If you don't you are an outcast or unique.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies