U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-29-2012, 03:09 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
26,010 posts, read 13,548,974 times
Reputation: 10818

Advertisements

The Federal Government gave the RNC $50 million for security in Tampa, and they spent hell out of it judging from the lines of jackbooted stormtroopers everywhere you look. There are four times as many policemen as there are protestors in Tampa. The delegates must be scared to death.

I'm curious, though. The theme of the convention is "We Built It". I would think that a party that has been crowing about self-sufficiency would want to demonstrate that they were serious about smaller government by saying to the Feds, "No, thanks. We built it. We are rough, tough republicans, and we can handle our own security".

Hypocrisy strikes again. The only reason they want smaller government is the same reason that criminals want a smaller police force - so they can get away with murder. Elect Romney and prepare to be robbed blind if you are not in the One Per Cent.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-29-2012, 03:11 PM
 
Location: DC
6,848 posts, read 7,439,349 times
Reputation: 3560
The venue for the convention was built with public funds.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2012, 03:11 PM
 
43,061 posts, read 23,684,886 times
Reputation: 10091
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The Federal Government gave the RNC $50 million for security in Tampa, and they spent hell out of it judging from the lines of jackbooted stormtroopers everywhere you look. There are four times as many policemen as there are protestors in Tampa. The delegates must be scared to death.

I'm curious, though. The theme of the convention is "We Built It". I would think that a party that has been crowing about self-sufficiency would want to demonstrate that they were serious about smaller government by saying to the Feds, "No, thanks. We built it. We are rough, tough republicans, and we can handle our own security".

Hypocrisy strikes again. The only reason they want smaller government is the same reason that criminals want a smaller police force - so they can get away with murder. Elect Romney and prepare to be robbed blind if you are not in the One Per Cent.

A link or a stupid leftist not back-able rant?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2012, 03:13 PM
 
Location: My little patch of Earth
6,193 posts, read 5,091,749 times
Reputation: 3052
I wonder.....how much the gubmint gave the DNC?

Rant at that....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2012, 03:26 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
26,010 posts, read 13,548,974 times
Reputation: 10818
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
A link or a stupid leftist not back-able rant?
They got $50 million for security. That is public record.

The question is, why didn't they provide their own security if they are serious about cutting government spending and wanting smaller government?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2012, 03:32 PM
 
Location: My little patch of Earth
6,193 posts, read 5,091,749 times
Reputation: 3052
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
They got $50 million for security. That is public record.

The question is, why didn't they provide their own security if they are serious about cutting government spending and wanting smaller government?
The question is - why don't the democrats?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2012, 03:34 PM
 
43,061 posts, read 23,684,886 times
Reputation: 10091
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
They got $50 million for security. That is public record.

The question is, why didn't they provide their own security if they are serious about cutting government spending and wanting smaller government?
Then it should be easy to find and prove...until then it's a rant....

And no, it's not my job to find your link....your rant, provide a link....

Step up your post make it believable....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2012, 03:37 PM
 
Location: Columbia, SC
26,010 posts, read 13,548,974 times
Reputation: 10818
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then it should be easy to find and prove...until then it's a rant....

And no, it's not my job to find your link....your rant, provide a link....

Step up your post make it believable....
Here's one. If you're too lazy to google any more, do without.

Tampa Has Spent Most of $50 Million Security Grant « CBS Tampa
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2012, 03:41 PM
 
12,269 posts, read 10,626,941 times
Reputation: 8054
Poor libbies...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-29-2012, 03:45 PM
 
Location: Limbo
6,510 posts, read 6,984,556 times
Reputation: 6317
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
They got $50 million for security. That is public record.

The question is, why didn't they provide their own security if they are serious about cutting government spending and wanting smaller government?
Because people like money handed to them. It doesn't matter the party.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top