Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2012, 08:15 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,285,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
I think most are aware that the Koch brothers give a lot of financial support to Tea Party candidates, and, and the person pointed out above, the John Birch Society was founded by the Koch brothers' father, Fred. Also, as was pointed out, core principles of John Birch and what most Tea Party folks claim are practically the same. Maybe most Tea Party people are simply unaware of the connection and how closely their goals and the positions of the John Birchers are related. Strong similarities and strong connection to founder of John Birch via Koch brothers.

As a Tea Party member or supporter, do you support Grover Norquist's goals?
First of all why blame the son for the sins of the father? My own father was a racist. Do I get blamed for that? How many John Birch members are there now? Does it even break 5 figures? Why the obsession over the JBS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 08:41 PM

8,560 posts, read 6,383,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
First of all why blame the son for the sins of the father? My own father was a racist. Do I get blamed for that? How many John Birch members are there now? Does it even break 5 figures? Why the obsession over the JBS?
Maybe it's obsession, however, I think it's interesting to pay attention to what is going on within the Republican Party at this time.....it seems there is a struggle for power between different factions. You may find the piece in the link an interesting read.

From the link in the OP:

"As we noted earlier this year, the Republican Party is deeply divided between old-school Reagan Neocons, the Karl Rove faction whose standard bearers include Mr. Romney, and the 19th century-revisionist, extremist John Bircher Libertarians* of Grover Norquist, the Koch brothers, et al who control the money that funds the Tea Party.

The Republican Un-Civil War – The Neocons and the Tea Party Fight for Control of the GOP « truth-2-Power

*my bolded portion above

Old 08-29-2012, 08:48 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,802,778 times
Quote:
Maybe it's obsession, however, I think it's interesting to pay attention to what is going on within the Republican Party at this time.....it seems there is a struggle for power between different factions. You may find the piece in the link an interesting read.

From the link in the OP:

"As we noted earlier this year, the Republican Party is deeply divided between old-school Reagan Neocons, the Karl Rove faction whose standard bearers include Mr. Romney, and the 19th century-revisionist, extremist John Bircher Libertarians* of Grover Norquist, the Koch brothers, et al who control the money that funds the Tea Party.
Reagan was no neo-con.

http://www.theamericancause.org/patr...nservative.htm

Old 08-29-2012, 08:52 PM

31,288 posts, read 20,638,744 times
Quote:
As opposed to Ron Paul Libertarians? Sometimes it's confusing to know what Libertarians want because there seem to be two distinct factions. Which one are you?

"By contrast the John Birch strain of Libertarians and their puppet show, the Tea Party hate government, and engage in its destruction from within...Birchers don’t seek the government off of the back of all citizens, just the anointed few of the 1%. Bircher Libertarians want a government with no fiscal controls and low taxation, but with extreme social controls of the population to keep parts of society with whom they either disagree or those that they find distasteful under control and unequal."
You don't have a question, you just have a rant. So go away. We don't need your rant.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Carl Rove is.

Old 08-29-2012, 08:57 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,923,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
I have yet to meet anyone who claimed to be a member,
Leadership - John Birch Society

Old 08-29-2012, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
You don't have a question, you just have a rant. So go away. We don't need your rant.
Clearly you cannot refute the information so you resort to personal attack.

I'm discussing a topic. Not at all a rant. Apparently you don't know the definition of a rant, so here's a link:
Rant - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

You don't like the discussion? Then YOU GO AWAY. We don't need your distractions and personal attacks.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Clearly you cannot refute the information so you resort to personal attack.

I'm discussing a topic. Not at all a rant. Apparently you don't know the definition of a rant, so here's a link:
Rant - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

You don't like the discussion? Then YOU GO AWAY. We don't need your distractions and personal attacks.
No, you don't want a discussion. You want to rant.

You don't care what a "John Birch Libertarian" is. You are not asking for information since you already have the answers. You hate libertarians because they don't support your need for a huge government and the nanny state. You just want to rant. We can see through you quite well.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
As opposed to Ron Paul Libertarians? Sometimes it's confusing to know what Libertarians want because there seem to be two distinct factions. Which one are you?
OK, I'll bite. Birchers are totally different from Libertarians. Libertarians (try reading their web site) believe that government should not tell us how to live our lives. They are social liberals to the extreme. They oppose ALL wars.

Birchers are not Libertarians in any form or fashion.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
No, you don't want a discussion. You want to rant.

You don't care what a "John Birch Libertarian" is. You are not asking for information since you already have the answers. You hate libertarians because they don't support your need for a huge government and the nanny state. You just want to rant. We can see through you quite well.
Do you charge for your services as a mind reader? If you do, I would think that you don't get too many return customers.

I don't hate anybody; it's very bad karma to hate. So many people identify as Libertarian, it's difficult to know what they believe. There are the Ron Paul Libertarians, for example, who really do not seem to be in the same boat with the Tea Party folks.

However, I will say that I think there are a lot of Tea Party - John Birch Libertarians posting here at CD. And I think that because their posts indicate that their political agenda lines up with the Republican faction which has been identified in the link as John Birch Libertarians; that is a political agenda which I think is very harsh and brutal.

Obviously this issue is pushing your buttons. Is it too difficult for you to see these descriptions of the different factions of the Republican Party?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies