Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2007, 03:51 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,279,224 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
You know what burns MY gravy? The "patriotic" folks in my neighborhood who put up American flags and then forget all about them. Sun, rain, day, night, they leave them out all the time until they become faded and raggedy looking. I have no idea what is wrong with these people.
I agree! I hate seeing a tattered old flag, flapping in the wind, or a faded "these colors don't run" bumpersticker!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2007, 04:09 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,932,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
You know what burns MY gravy? The "patriotic" folks in my neighborhood who put up American flags and then forget all about them. Sun, rain, day, night, they leave them out all the time until they become faded and raggedy looking. I have no idea what is wrong with these people.
Amen-I can't tell you how many poor, tired, old flags I've seen flapping in the rain or at night unlit. Here's a good one...I work in government and someone called our office to complain that the boy scouts were burning flags It turns out this idiot saw a flyer advertising a day for folks to bring tattered flags so that they could be respectfully disposed of News flash people-you cannot throw an American flag away! It must be burned! It's criminal how many people have no understanding of basic flag etiquette.

Old 10-05-2007, 05:53 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,814,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inoxkeeper View Post
I would like to shake this man's hand. He rocks!!!

KRNV Video Player
While I agree with the mans "feelings", I dont agree with his actions.

The man should be arrested and charged with THEFT of private property. Taking the law into your own hands is against the law..

Old 10-05-2007, 10:34 PM

919 posts, read 1,901,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
The proper way of displaying two sovereign nation's flags is side by side on flagpoles of equal height. It is considered offensive to fly one nation's flag higher than another's. I'd like to believe that this particular incident was born of ignorance, but the illegal immigration issue in this country is one that is continually danced around by politicians from the President on down. Until they deal with it things will continue to come to a head like they did in this instance.
It is NOT allowed to fly any flag at the same height as the american flag. there is no equal in this country. know the facts about your flag. and a real patriot would tear down any other flown against the american flag. if you want to immigate to this country, do what my grandfathers and many others did. give up the flag from the old country and be an AMERICAN.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:04 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,814,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
It is NOT allowed to fly any flag at the same height as the american flag. there is no equal in this country. know the facts about your flag. and a real patriot would tear down any other flown against the american flag. if you want to immigate to this country, do what my grandfathers and many others did. give up the flag from the old country and be an AMERICAN.
Ironic that your getting all over him for not knowing the facts about flying the flag, but your incorrect.

You are to allowed to fly flags at the same height,

CITE-

4 USC Sec. 7 01/02/2006

-EXPCITE-

TITLE 4 - FLAG AND SEAL, SEAT OF GOVERNMENT, AND THE STATES

CHAPTER 1 - THE FLAG

-HEAD-

Sec. 7. Position and manner of display

-STATUTE-

The flag, when carried in a procession with another flag or

flags, should be either on the marching right; that is, the flag's

own right, or, if there is a line of other flags, in front of the

center of that line.

(c) No other flag or pennant should be placed above or, if on the

same level, to the right of the flag of the United States of

America, except during church services conducted by naval chaplains

at sea, when the church pennant may be flown above the flag during

church services for the personnel of the Navy. No person shall

display the flag of the United Nations or any other national or

international flag equal, above, or in a position of superior

prominence or honor to, or in place of, the flag of the United

States at any place within the United States or any Territory or

possession thereof: Provided, That nothing in this section shall

make unlawful the continuance of the practice heretofore followed

of displaying the flag of the United Nations in a position of

superior prominence or honor, and other national flags in positions

of equal prominence or honor, with that of the flag of the United

States at the headquarters of the United Nations.

Old 10-05-2007, 11:06 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,313,077 times
US Code Title 36, Chapter 10, Section 175.

g) When flags of two or more nations are displayed, they are to be flown from separate staffs of the same height. The flags should be approximately equal size. International usage forbids the display of the flag of one nation above that of another nation in time of peace.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,957 times
i dont agree with any of this im from the uk and u are not allowed any other flags than are own to be put up.

Old 07-26-2008, 06:40 PM

3,326 posts, read 5,321,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post

In my community every flag BUT the American flag is flown . I think even the Disney Land flag is flown lol just no Red/White/Blue.

I was going to fly it but felt like those people who have yellow ribbons on their bumpers and opted not to .

Old 07-26-2008, 06:46 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,708,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
While I agree with the mans "feelings", I dont agree with his actions.

The man should be arrested and charged with THEFT of private property. Taking the law into your own hands is against the law..
ROFL, "taking the law into your own hands is against the law" is quite funny considering we have lawbreakers by the millions sucking off our economy.
No offense to you, just irritates me when someone does something patriotic and people are quick to condemn his actions.

By the way, what exactly did he do? I couldn't get the video to load and while I am sort of able to follow, I don't know all the details

Old 07-26-2008, 06:47 PM

2,735 posts, read 6,708,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luiso View Post
In my community every flag BUT the American flag is flown . I think even the Disney Land flag is flown lol just no Red/White/Blue.

I was going to fly it but felt like those people who have yellow ribbons on their bumpers and opted not to .
Wow! I'm am happy and greatful that where I live, you see the American Flag more than you don't. On almost every house, including mine
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies