Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2012, 09:58 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
You are absoluely right! Why should anyone be surprised that the right still pines for the Utopia that we had under The Bush Crime Family reign. Rice was one of them and just a guilty of war crimes. Condasleazy gives good speech so all is well with the world...Give me a break!

Condi "The Liar" Rice - YouTube
I guess this is where we get to call you racist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2012, 10:02 AM

78,405 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Regardless of politics I've had a lot of respect for people like Rice, Powell, Bill Clinton and others for acheiving what they have in life and being quite smart.

I also appreciate that they didn't come up the ranks with a silver spoon in their mouth like Bush, Kerry, Gore and so many others that would be running a service station somewhere if not for their parents social position and money.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:03 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
Speak for yourself.
So how many Black folks have you gotten into political discussions with to know what they think about Rice?

I'll add my name to the list, along w/ most Black folks who have had something to say about Rice and Powell: they're both highly respected and positive figures. I'm not a fan of hers, but I respect what she's done and where she's gotten.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:06 AM

44,254 posts, read 64,358,815 times
She is a very smart woman.
Watch her, listen to her talk...I have read her books, as well.
While I don't agree with all her views, I do respect her.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:15 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,991,779 times
What do I think of Rice?

Liberals wish she was on their side & secretly feel betrayed. They run scared when they see her. She is the Kryptonite for Liberals.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:51 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,316,613 times
I think she was great at working on improving with Relations with Russia after 9/11 when U.S. Secretary of State and is up there with Colin Powell in having real insifght into how messed up some of the actions and policies that were being taken and the stuff the were forced to push by Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld and feed us disinformation and get us to go to into Iraq and get us to give up our own rights and freedoms and into this situation we are in now.

I mean Hilary Clinton is stiil pushing the Dick Cheney and Donald Rumsfeld Agenda of keeping the war machine going and Obama is pushing his Green Agenda on his own accord but like Bush Obama is not a strong leader in ffice and can not make tough decisions so like Bush other people around them made their choices for them where colin powel.

3 - Iraq war - Cheney, Rumsfeld at odds w/ General Colin Powell - YouTube
Colin powell had it right and was the one Bush should of listend too but Cheney and Rumsfeld and they did the same to Condoleeza Rice and she got shut out and had to push what Cheney and Rumsfield wanted he too even if she thought it was agiantts our own itnerests.

Old 08-30-2012, 10:57 AM

89,008 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
She is an incredibly intelligent human, an excellent speaker, a strong beacon under stress, an independent thinker, a person of strong personal moral fiber who happens to be a black woman. She is an inspiring role model. I would have loved for her to be the VP candidate.
I would love for her to be the PRESIDENTIAL candidate.

She has declined to do so, so far. Our loss.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:08 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
So I was watching Condoleeza Rice speak at the Republican Convention, and I have to say she's a good speaker. Also, as a African American Republican, she's definitely a class above people like Allan West. It got me to thinking of two questions:

1. How come Condi Rice gets less flack from folks that other members of the Bush administration had?
2. What do liberals in particular think of Condi Rice?
I think she's a very accomplished, intelligent woman who unfortunately acted as llittle more than a parrot in the Bush administration. Surely she could have helped develop a more effectiver foreign policy beneficial to the US than the Bush/Cheney line she went along with.

Old 08-30-2012, 11:13 AM

89,008 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
She is a nasty lying piece of trash, just as complicit as bush in the death of so many innocents.
WHO lied?

Clinton's and UNESCO's WMDs & Clinton signing the Iraq Liberation Act that authorized regime change in Iraq

Old 08-30-2012, 11:15 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
WHO lied?

Anyone
who claimed Iraq was a priority threat after 9/11.

Last edited by burdell; 08-30-2012 at 11:25 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies