Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 06:35 PM

6,190 posts, read 7,972,786 times

Advertisements

The worst thing right now is the extremes everyone goes to and the assumptions about other people.
It's all based around religion.
Apparently if you aren't religious, you're sex crazed, multiple partners, you don't use protection, you want everything paid for you by the gov't, you also are assumed to live off your parents, do drugs and a whole slew of other things.
If you support the legalization of marijuana then you're a drug addict and do nothing but smoke pot and collect unemployment.

The religion thing irks me the most because I am atheist and everytime I mention that in a political debate and that I feel like I shouldn't have to live by laws that stem from religious beliefs (abortion laws, "personhood act" which would ban birth control) then I get attacked because apparently since I am pro-choice I am off getting abortions with a cup of coffee and my daily grocery shopping.

I hate how people try and paint people who are not religious and are pro-choice, apparently I also suck off the government too according to some people on facebook regarding birth control.

I have never had an abortion, don't know if I ever would but I think women should have the right to choose because we're not all religious and shouldn't to live by religious laws if we are not religious. I don't live off the gov't. I am in a committed relationship, might as well be married, we live together, we're exclusive, we share bills and no way in hell do I feel like being told to be abstinent because some bible fist bumping twit wants to tell me how wrong I am for not being married and using birth control.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 06:49 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
The loss of independence. The entitlment mentlity strips people of the drive to succeed on their own. Worse still it transfers the burden onto the shoulders of others. Regardless of who hands their hand out people forget that nothing is free. Someone needs to pay for it. The idea that the government knows best and a willingness to surrender ones independence has to be among the worst things this nation faces today.

Old 10-10-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbola View Post
What is happening is most Dems are too lazy to work and support their kids. They are just as greedy so they want to share the wealth but are too lazy to earn it.
See this is exactly what I am talking about.
An assumption about democrats, its bull.

I am more libertarian that anything but I can also identify with democrats as well. Granted I don't have kids but I work, I live within my means and I don't mooch off the gov't. I don't expect anyone to share the wealth with me.

I could easily turn around and say that most republicans are bible fist bumping nut jobs but I won't because I have no idea about most republicans.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:00 PM

3,078 posts, read 4,375,581 times
The divisiveness between ordinary citizens who have nmore in common than they think.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:00 PM

345 posts, read 643,189 times
A general lack of intelligence among the general population.

Specifically, in that people vote for Democrats and Republicans.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:06 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
what is the worst thing happening in our society right now ?

The mentality of anything that goes wrong was caused by somebody else....

What started the decline of American society?

Political Correctness

Old 10-10-2012, 07:11 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
I'll lump them together: selfishness/greed. It's driving our country straight into the grave.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I'll lump them together: selfishness/greed. It's driving our country straight into the grave.
Uh no.
Should we think that someone else is going to do things for us?
Its not selfishness and its not greed, it's called doing for yourself because no one else is going to and shouldn't be expected to.

There is nothing wrong with wanting the best for yourself and wanting more or wanting certain things. If you can ascertain those things by your own hard work it is not greed.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:22 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,500,362 times
what is the worst thing happening in our society right now ?

when my DVR cuts out the ending of my tv shows.

Old 10-10-2012, 07:22 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Since when has America become the land where it's expected that a person works so lazy slobs don't have to?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies