Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does it?
Yes 68 25.47%
No 199 74.53%
Voters: 267. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 10:52 PM

707 posts, read 687,744 times

Advertisements

Being against gay marriage probably has more to do with family values as in reproduction than caring if someone is gay. And yes a family is people who love each other but the issue about marriage is to have children and carry on our human race. A gay relationship will never do that. Even with artificial insemination a sperm and egg are required. A lot of people just feel that is marriage, man and woman. A partnership between two of the same sex is something different. They do deserve a lot of the same rights and benefits but maybe the term marriage just doesn't sit well with some and a Union is maybe a more accepting term.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:57 PM

629 posts, read 946,344 times
behold this "happily married" gay man with his wife and 3 children.

Old 09-08-2012, 11:14 PM

2,920 posts, read 2,798,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
Homosexual people can and do reproduce through heterosexual sex, and in no small numbers. That's probably one of the reasons it persists in our populations.
There is no prove homosexuality is DNA based. There is no gay gene.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:03 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
I have no idea how you come up with these crazy ideas. Of course no homosexual was involved. Do you know where babies came from? )
Been telling you this entire time that homosexuals can reproduce; I don't know why that hasn't sunk in yet...

Quote:
And what is the percentage of population that came to this world this way?
Doesn't matter

Quote:
Who talks about reproduction? Marriage has always been an union of a man and a women.
Just answer the question. Are you okay with it (say we call it a "civil union") being legal, and for homosexuals to get the same benefits heterosexuals provide?

Quote:
You are tripping kid. Procreation is in 99.99% a heterosexual matter.
Makes no difference who's doing most of the procreating. You said heterosexuality is what ensures the survival of the species, when that is clearly not the case since homosexuals can reproduce now. It is conception of a child that ensures our survival. Someone just being heterosexual will not get the job done.

And you still haven't explained how not being able to reproduce naturally justifies limiting gays' freedoms but not heterosexuals who also cannot reproduce naturally.

Quote:
You already have civil unions. What else do you want?
Not everywhere. And I'm thinking they want fully equal treatment as heterosexuals, even if they do agree to not call it "marriage".

Civil union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Do you really think your homosexuality is a coincidence? Nothing is a coincidence in nature. And no: homosexuality is not equal with heterosexuality.
Not gay, you can't prove the second, and the third is entirely irrelevant to this subject. Tell us how it matters. Tell us what difference it makes that we heterosexuals can reproduce naturally and homosexuals can only reproduce by use of modern technology.

Old 09-09-2012, 07:28 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Been telling you this entire time that homosexuals can reproduce; I don't know why that hasn't sunk in yet...

Doesn't matter

Just answer the question. Are you okay with it (say we call it a "civil union") being legal, and for homosexuals to get the same benefits heterosexuals provide?

Makes no difference who's doing most of the procreating. You said heterosexuality is what ensures the survival of the species, when that is clearly not the case since homosexuals can reproduce now. It is conception of a child that ensures our survival. Someone just being heterosexual will not get the job done.

And you still haven't explained how not being able to reproduce naturally justifies limiting gays' freedoms but not heterosexuals who also cannot reproduce naturally.

Not everywhere. And I'm thinking they want fully equal treatment as heterosexuals, even if they do agree to not call it "marriage".

Civil union - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not gay, you can't prove the second, and the third is entirely irrelevant to this subject. Tell us how it matters. Tell us what difference it makes that we heterosexuals can reproduce naturally and homosexuals can only reproduce by use of modern technology.
I haven't followed the discussion, so this may be irrelevant.

Homosexuals can, have, and do reproduce without technology. I suppose it might not be the #1 choice of sex for them, but in a bind to keep humans going, they can do it.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:04 AM

[quote=Vic 2.0;26012523]Been telling you this entire time that homosexuals can reproduce; I don't know why that hasn't sunk in yet...
They can but they don't. Homosexual don't feel the obligation to nature heterosexuals do.

Quote:
You already have as much as you need.

Quote:

Makes no difference who's doing most of the procreating. You said heterosexuality is what ensures the survival of the species, when that is clearly not the case since homosexuals can reproduce now.
Maybe they can but they don't in numbers necessary to sustain the population.

Quote:
Because you can't reproduce as a group.

Quote:
Think again.

Quote:
Tell us what difference it makes that we heterosexuals can reproduce naturally and homosexuals can only reproduce by use of modern technology.
That heterosexuals for the past 50000 years have been respodnible for sustaining this civilization while homosexual haven't been. What is so difficult to you here?

Old 09-09-2012, 08:17 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
[quote=rebel12;26013375]
Quote:
They can but they don't. Homosexual don't feel the obligation to nature heterosexuals do.
We can and we do... My partner and I have 3 children.

Old 09-09-2012, 08:34 AM

[quote=jjrose;26013514]
Quote:

You hiologically fathered three kids? Congratulation1

Old 09-09-2012, 08:41 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,390,223 times
Quote:
You already have as much as you need.
I'm heterosexual. We also have as much as we need without the legal benefits of marriage. The question is, what justifies not giving gays the equal benefits? You've said it's because homosexuality and heterosexuality are not equal, and implied that's because heterosexuality is what "ensures the survival of the human race". The problem with that argument is that it implies only those who can "ensure the survival of the human race" should be given these benefits; it translates into homosexuals (who can in fact reproduce, both naturally and by the use of modern technology) actually being more entitled to these benefits than heterosexuals who cannot reproduce in either way.

Basically, your argument not only fails to justify discriminating against gays; it sort of backfires on some heterosexuals.

It's altogether irrelevant, however. Since you cannot identify a verifiable harm caused by homosexuality, gay marriage, or gay adoption, there is no reason not to at least allow them the same benefits.

Old 09-09-2012, 10:35 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,353,683 times
[quote=jjrose;26013514]
Quote:

No you have 3 children, your Partner had nothing to do with it, she did not get you pregnant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies