Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 10:22 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times

Advertisements

that pretty much describes all conventions.they are basically feel good events and once over its back tot eh reality of our situation and just what its likely goig to take to solve it. kind of like te European annocig every wekk that they will suport the Eiro and ther zone. Its all cheerleading until you actaully have to act as the greeks have found out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 10:25 AM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
I was shocked to see this in a Fox News article about Ryan:
"Shocked" to see a news outlet that offers liberal, conservative, and moderate opinions?

You've been watching NBC, CNN, CBS etc. too long.

Welcome to responsible broadcasting. It's been a long time coming, but for the last several years it's finally shown up.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:20 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
I only watch CBC news. They are completely nonpartisan when it comes to American politics. The nerwork seems to take the position that ALL American politicians are incompetent, lying, selfserving azzhats. LOL

Old 08-31-2012, 12:25 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
There's another thread about this piece of crap article. Sally Kohn is an obnoxious, hard-left OPINION writer.
and an obama voter.

Quote:
Sure I'm a Democrat and want President Obama to win re-election, but first and foremost I'm an American and I'd like the presidential candidates from both parties to be kind and decent human beings.
-Sally Kohnhead, may 16, 2012

Old 08-31-2012, 12:29 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,762,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Yes and the idiot that pit those fateful words that will cost Obama the election, how is that working out for you. The convention if nothing else has framed the lunacy of the collective minds fantasy that the government is the instrument of utopia. The government whether of Lenin or Obama is the instrument of slackers and loons. The writer you speak of is foremost a liar and a product of liberal institutional brainwashing. You are a pitiful wretched group. It is time to crawl back into your holes.
Using Lenin and Obama in the same sentence. How original.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:37 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,564,791 times
She's the Rachel Maddow for Fox, her claim to fame is lesbian community organizer.

Sally Kohn

Old 08-31-2012, 12:43 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,788,539 times
Quote:
Sally Kohn. She's a Fox News contributor and writer. I don't watch/read Fox and the like; that's why I was curious about this.
Does MSNBC hit your benchmark for honest news? The Obama campaign is using Brit Hume's honest critique of Ryan's speech. Keyword=Honest

They can't use anything from MSNBC, CNN, or CNBC because nobody would believe them. It's quite ironic and a striking reality that FOX is indeed more balanced; apparantly Obama's campaign guys think this as well.

Total day: FNC: 570 | MSNBC: 201 | CNN: 270 | HLN: 89
Primetime: FNC: 1.424 | MSNBC: 367 | CNN: 342 | HLN: 115

Twice the audience share of all three major networks, combined.

I watch Bloomberg, FBN and CNBC World myself. That's where the important news can be found.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:49 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,783,616 times
Quote:
Sally Kohn. She's a Fox News contributor and writer. I don't watch/read Fox and the like; that's why I was curious about this.
That explains it. You don't watch Fox news, only others such as CNN, ABC etc. So when you saw Fox during the convention and saw a balanced network broadcasting both liberal AND conservative views, it came as a complete shock to you.

As I said, welcome to responsible broadcasting, however belatedly you came to the party.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:29 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,452,677 times
Quote:
Sally Kohn is a political commentator, community organizer, and founder and chief education officer of the Movement Vision Lab, a grassroots think tank. Kohn is an unpaid contributor for the Fox News Channel, and has her work published in publications like The Washington Post and USA Today.[1]
Sally Kohn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In other words, she's a Progressive Obama supporter.

Old 08-31-2012, 01:32 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
I was shocked to see this in a Fox News article about Ryan:

"On the other hand, to anyone paying the slightest bit of attention to facts, Ryan’s speech was an apparent attempt to set the world record for the greatest number of blatant lies and misrepresentations slipped into a single political speech. On this measure, while it was Romney who ran the Olympics, Ryan earned the gold. . . Ryan may have helped solve some of the likeability problems facing Romney, but ultimately by trying to deceive voters about basic facts and trying to distract voters from his own record, Ryan’s speech caused a much larger problem for himself and his running mate.

Read more: Paul Ryan

Given that Fox hasn't always been bothered by reality, I'm curious to know from those who watch Fox News somewhat consistently, what you are hearing about Ryan?
Ever hear of fair and balanced.. oh, you listen to the liberals all the time.. how brain washing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies