Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 06:01 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,355,784 times

Advertisements

Yes, the OP's question is VERY hypothetical. There are a LOT of white people who don't like Romney:
- elderly people on Medicare
- people who work in public sector jobs involving education, public health, and social services ... convenient places for snobs to make cuts
- people who can't relate to "silver spoons"
- people who don't want a Mormon in the White House (more pragmatic than racist)
- young people who are more individualistic than ever before
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 06:02 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,878,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Yes, the OP's question is VERY hypothetical. There are a LOT of white people who don't like Romney:
- elderly people on Medicare
- people who work in public sector jobs involving education, public health, and social services ... convenient places for snobs to make cuts
- people who can't relate to "silver spoons"
- people who don't want a Mormon in the White House (more pragmatic than racist)
- young people who are more individualistic than ever before
You left out stupid people.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:10 PM

288 posts, read 283,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
And of course you continue to spread the lie.

The Lie that the Racist/Democratic party spreads .. through the likes of Sharpton and Jackson .. to this day!

Want to debate the subject?

Start a new thread 'and' be ready!

What lie am I spreading? Also what does Sharpton and Jackson have to do with this subject, are you about to tell me that they are black folks leaders that all of us black folks follow?

People on this board says that democrats are on the plantation all the time on this board, and don't forget that your dear Mr. Romney said this just the other night:

" I understand how difficult it can be for an African-American in today’s society. In fact, I can relate to black people very well indeed. My ancestors once owned slaves, and it is in my lineage to work closely with the black community. However, just because they were freed over a century ago doesn’t mean they can now be freeloaders. They need to be told to work hard, and the incentives just aren’t there for them anymore. When I’m president I plan to work closely with the black community to bring a sense of pride and work ethic back into view for them"

Old 09-02-2012, 06:41 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,832,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique27 View Post
What lie am I spreading? Also what does Sharpton and Jackson have to do with this subject, are you about to tell me that they are black folks leaders that all of us black folks follow?

People on this board says that democrats are on the plantation all the time on this board, and don't forget that your dear Mr. Romney said this just the other night:

" I understand how difficult it can be for an African-American in today’s society. In fact, I can relate to black people very well indeed. My ancestors once owned slaves, and it is in my lineage to work closely with the black community. However, just because they were freed over a century ago doesn’t mean they can now be freeloaders. They need to be told to work hard, and the incentives just aren’t there for them anymore. When I’m president I plan to work closely with the black community to bring a sense of pride and work ethic back into view for them"
Quote:
Unique27
The democratic party back then were the republicans, but you already knew that. The reason why 85% of African Americans don't vote or the GOP is because of he insults, you can not go around telling people they live in a plantation, they can't think for themselves and calling them freeloaders and expect for them to vote for you. It's common sense really..
^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^
The whole mess was a lie or do you just espouse the talking points of Sharpton and Jackson automatically?

I had to look twice because I almost thought that you had plagiarized one of Jackson's speeches!

There is nothing wrong with what Romney said .. Most blacks are still on the plantations except it isn't the Republican plantation .. it is the plantation of the race baiters who earn their living in spreading, 'exactly' what they want (and what you just did),

And the race baiters align themselves with the Dimmies!

Old 09-02-2012, 07:06 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,544,863 times
Quote:
I had to look twice because I almost thought that you had plagiarized one of Jackson's speeches!

There is nothing wrong with what Romney said .. Most blacks are still on the plantations except it isn't the Republican plantation .. it is the plantation of the race baiters who earn their living in spreading, 'exactly' what they want (and what you just did),

And the race baiters align themselves with the Dimmies!
Bolding mine.

Thank you for providing yet another example showing that what Unique said is correct. not that we don't have

Bryan Fischer,

Newt Gingrich,

Rick Santorum,

Herman Cain, and

Allen West

... among others as more prominent examples, but still, thanks.

Old 09-02-2012, 07:28 PM

Since we like quotes so much .. allow me:

Quote:
You better believe that if people like Al Sharpton and Melissa Harris-Perry can be frequent guest and host on MSNBC.I.A. (GE capital) they're more than likely being paid to block for Obama. This is all part of the race-card/white-guilt campaign strategy that Obama and his minions are slowly unveiling before the run up to the brutal 2012 elections.

Quote:
The House Negro -in- Chief punked Black people at that CBC gathering.

While he's taking our freedoms, property, pay & benefits, all we have left is our dignity.

The Shoe Shiner -in- Chief must not be allowed to get away with this. We MUST throw our full support behind Tavis Smiley, and implore CORNEL WEST to double down on his call for a primary challenge to this president, and RUN HIMSELF!
http://www.blackagendareport.com/con...t”-black-man

My Personal Favorite
Quote:
I could probably count on one hand the number of times Obama has said the words "black" or "African-American" in speeches since January 2009.

I don't think he would know a real African-American if his chauffeur ran over one on the way to the golf course.

http://www.blackagendareport.com/con...kster-it-again

I Have A Million Of Em!

Old 09-02-2012, 08:03 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,686,508 times
What senior, white or black, would vote for a team that wants to go to a medical insurance voucher system that does not guarantee an insurance company coverage? Why vote for a Ryan plan and get $8k for insurance and have every insurance company turn you down because you have a pre-existing condition as most seniors have. One day in the hospital today is at least $5000 and climbing. Without the guarantee of Medicare seniors would lose everything at their first major illness.

On the subject of racism; there is no doubt the the republican party has declared war on a black man. Southern republican evangelist were flabbergasted to see a black man elected and have set out to oust him since the first day. Our republican congress has set on their laurels and done nothing while Americans have suffered all for the purpose of ousting President Obama. That's racism, plain and simple.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
What senior, white or black, would vote for a team that wants to go to a medical insurance voucher system that does not guarantee an insurance company coverage? Why vote for a Ryan plan and get $8k for insurance and have every insurance company turn you down because you have a pre-existing condition as most seniors have. One day in the hospital today is at least $5000 and climbing. Without the guarantee of Medicare seniors would lose everything at their first major illness.

On the subject of racism; there is no doubt the the republican party has declared war on a black man. Southern republican evangelist were flabbergasted to see a black man elected and have set out to oust him since the first day. Our republican congress has set on their laurels and done nothing while Americans have suffered all for the purpose of ousting President Obama. That's racism, plain and simple.
I wish that we were allowed to call forum parrots idiots .. but we're not so ... I'll just let the parrots speak for themselves and let the others decide.

Last edited by MrClose; 09-02-2012 at 08:21 PM..

Old 09-02-2012, 08:18 PM

5,821 posts, read 5,301,422 times
Quote:
I wish that we were allowed to call forum parrots idiots .. but were not so ... I'll just let the parrots speak for themselves and let the others decide.
Polly want a cracker?

Old 09-03-2012, 09:34 PM

288 posts, read 283,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Bolding mine.

Thank you for providing yet another example showing that what Unique said is correct. not that we don't have

Bryan Fischer,

Newt Gingrich,

Rick Santorum,

Herman Cain, and

Allen West

... among others as more prominent examples, but still, thanks.

Thank you! Talking about I copied Mr. Jackson's speech, I don't even listen to Mr. Sharpton or Mr.Jackson. The right just don't like to tell the truth..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies