Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2012, 05:43 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewtexan View Post
Keep eating the least healthy stuff on the menu. Everyday. Please.
Statin drugs do wonders.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 05:53 AM

5,938 posts, read 4,698,667 times
My first visit to Chick Fil-A was shortly before the gay marriage hoopla. I was pleasantly surprised by the free books they gave my kids with their meal. That's not something you see at fast food restaurants. I got the grilled sandwich. It is "healthy" only in terms of fast food. But, if I was in a bind and had to eat Burger King or Chick Fil-A, I'd eat at the latter.

However, I decided to no longer eat there after the recent events. In my opinion, same-sex marriage will ultimately have the same rights as "traditional" marriage. Today, we look back at the public figures who wanted to keep African Americans in separate schools, separate restrooms, etc with great disdain. The same will happen to those that oppose same-sex marriage.

Old 09-04-2012, 07:57 AM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,513 times
What was Colonel Sanders' take on gay marriage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dspguy View Post
However, I decided to no longer eat there after the recent events. In my opinion, same-sex marriage will ultimately have the same rights as "traditional" marriage. Today, we look back at the public figures who wanted to keep African Americans in separate schools, separate restrooms, etc with great disdain. The same will happen to those that oppose same-sex marriage.

Old 09-04-2012, 08:23 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,043,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post

People should eat at Chick-Fil-A because they have good food
Aaaaaaaaand you lost me.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:28 AM

200 posts, read 165,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Have eaten at Chick-Fil-A for years because the food is good. Love the peach shakes.

I will continue eating at Chick-Fil-A in the future because it successfully resisted censorship from the left. Possibly some of the best advertising fro which the corporation didn't have to spend a red cent.

Pretty smart, huh?
You do realize there was no real threat of censorship, right? You can't resist something that doesn't exist.

Old 09-04-2012, 09:40 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,176,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unounehana View Post
You do realize there was no real threat of censorship, right? You can't resist something that doesn't exist.
When politicians come out and explicitly state they will block CFA from opening in their jurisdiction because they don't like what its owner has to say on particular issues, then yes there is a real threat of censorship. It was only after the public made it clear they won't put up with their authoritarian impulses that most of the politicians backed down.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:03 AM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishvanguard View Post
I think they will long-term gain customers due to a respect for their stance on basic principles. I think gay marriage has lost some supporters because of tactics. Americans quickly tire of in-your-face self promotion that gays are often guilty of.
I'm fine with SSM but I am starting to feel indifferent towards the issue because of self promotion and the any thing goes support of anything GLBT related. M/M and F/F fine, but I draw the line at acting like Chaz Bono characters as being normal.

Old 09-04-2012, 10:06 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,168,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebaldknobber View Post
I never ate at Chick-Fil-A until all the anti-business politicians said they did not want Chick-Fil-A's in their cities.
I used to get milkshakes at CFA until I found out that the company uses profits to provide donations to groups like FRC and Exodus International.

Quote:
I have eaten at Chick-Fil-A 10 times in the last month.
The only time I've really eaten out in the past month was this past weekend at D*C because you can't really cook in a hotel room.

Quote:
I have discovered the Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich is very good and healthy, as well as the Spicy Chicken Wrap.
Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich:
290 Calories
4g Fat
3g Fiber
9g Sugars
28g Protein
1g Saturated Fat
0g Trans Fat
60mg Cholesterol
780mg Sodium
36g Carbohydrates

Spicy Chicken Wrap:

420 Calories
10g Fat
6g Fiber
7g Sugars
34g Protein
4g Saturated Fat
0g Trans Fat
60mg Cholesterol
1370mg Sodium
49g Carbohydrates

That's a lot of carbs and sodium for one menu item. If you're eating the sandwich or wrap without fries or a drink, it'd be okay for the sparing occasion, but I can't deem either to be a healthy option with such high sodium amounts.

Quote:
People should eat at Chick-Fil-A because they have good food with healthy options.
Whereas I think people should eat more home-cooked meals from scratch because high amounts of sodium from heat'n'eat food (which is most chain restaurants and fast food joints) is pretty bad for your health.

Then again, I'm not "boycotting" the company because of the owner's view of gay marriage or his religion. It's only because of the donation thing.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:47 AM

354 posts, read 855,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel12 View Post
And I am really glad we all learned about the boycott of CFA. It gave the majority the opportunity to show the gay lobby the it will not be able to bully the society into changing opnions or laws. I never had lunch in CFA and now patronize them frequently.

This is the first time when society showed you guys that just because you feel something is right we, as a society, do not have to accept it as such.

Marriage has always been about an union of a man and a women and you have to respect this tradition and wishes of the majority and if not the majority will show you that democracy is ultimately about the will of the majority, after all we do not allow polygamy in the US even though we have a Muslim and Mormon fundamentalists minorities that believe polygamy is ok and just like in case of same sex marriage they are talking about consenting adults with deep love for each other and there is no perceived harm for others. We did not change the definition of marriage for other minorities, we don's see a reason to changing it for you.

The more you try to bully the society, the more push back you will get.
Yeah but what about the millions of people that will never eat there again? Also it is only a matter of time before gay marriage is legal. I really don't understand what Conservatives are trying to do other then delay the enevitable.

Old 09-04-2012, 11:56 AM

2,920 posts, read 2,797,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddmhughes View Post
Yeah but what about the millions of people that will never eat there again? Also it is only a matter of time before gay marriage is legal. I really don't understand what Conservatives are trying to do other then delay the enevitable.
The "conservatives" already forced the Mormons to accept their definition of marriage. Don't think you are any better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies