Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2012, 04:57 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And what has obama done? Please tell me/us?

And your majority congress has had a bi-partisan house bill's passed but tabled by your buddy reid....

Never to be voted on....
Um, guessing you have missed the growing private sector jobs, that is called a good thing.

As for bi-partisan bills in the House, when all Republicans vote for something and only bring along a couple conservative Democrats, that doesn't count as bi-partisan, that is called the Republicans doing whatever they want in the House cause they know the Democrats can't stop them. Though in the Senate, the Democrats are able to stop anything the minority party tries to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 04:59 PM

20 posts, read 55,609 times
What'll happen if it keeps growing exponentially? What if we defaulted?

Old 09-02-2012, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
I suggest you open your ears. He has been talking about them ever since the repub primaries.

As I said, we already know how Obama hasn't kept many of his promises.

The reason we have elections is so we CAN throw out politicians who say one thing and do another.

IF Romney doesn't fulfill my expectations, I would not vote for him.

Is that so hard for you to understand?

Maybe that is why you are an Obama supporter.
So how is Romney going to create 12 million jobs? You are honestly going to let someone with no plan to do this go to office, just so he can fail at this proposal? Sounds like a dumb strategy. I can already answer that question, he can't do that, so I guess that saves you from needing to vote.

Oh and he has been talking about his Bain record? Weird, all I have heard him say is he was successful, but doesn't want to talk about the details of his business and how he made his money. Sounds like someone who wants you to see his success without checking under the hood.

The best thing about elections is we can also call BS on someone and not vote for them before they get to office and cause the damage they are planning to do, it is a wonderful country we live in.

Oh and I fully understand that if Romney won, you wouldn't be voting in four years....or you will ignore everything he has done and vote for him anyway...but that is besides the point. I am calling BS on his claims before he gets in office and will not be voting for him because the Republicans have done a poor job picking a Republican candidate.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:08 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Um, guessing you have missed the growing private sector jobs, that is called a good thing.
But what about the entire job situation?

Quote:
As for bi-partisan bills in the House, when all Republicans vote for something and only bring along a couple conservative Democrats, that doesn't count as bi-partisan, that is called the Republicans doing whatever they want in the House cause they know the Democrats can't stop them.
Really, this is how you think? When a democrat votes with Republicans.... that does not count as Bipartisan, Really?

Quote:
Though in the Senate, the Democrats are able to stop anything the minority party tries to do.
Yep, but when 1 person says we are not voting, even though it was passed through the House, glad you agree 1 person can do this...........

Old 09-02-2012, 06:21 PM

Quote:
But what about the entire job situation?

Really, this is how you think? When a democrat votes with Republicans.... that does not count as Bipartisan, Really?

Yep, but when 1 person says we are not voting, even though it was passed through the House, glad you agree 1 person can do this...........
You're right, the entire job situation would be much better if we didn't bleed jobs in the public sector, it would of been better if federal money we sent to the states to prevent any layoffs. Though we are no longer shedding jobs like we were when Obama took office, and now we have an economy that is actually growing. If you think this was something that could be fixed overnight, then you are sorely mistaken, this is something that was gonna take a better part of a decade to fix.

When "a" democrat votes with republicans, that is not called bi-partisan, when "a lot" of democrats vote with republicans then it is a bi-partisan bill, this goes both ways, I think it is a joke when a democrat bill is considered bi-partisan cause they got a couple of republicans to vote with them.

Oh and you must not know what a "filibuster" is or how it works in today's politics...well the Republicans know what it is and have been using it as a historical rate since they have become the minority, so the Republicans have done their part in stopping anything that comes through the Senate.....hopefully that bothers you too about your own party.

Oh and one more thing, how's Romney going to create those 12 million jobs he said he would create? Now that you should be on the same page, I imagine you know how he is going to do it through his vague plans.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:48 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:

When "a" democrat votes with republicans, that is not called bi-partisan, when "a lot" of democrats vote with republicans then it is a bi-partisan bill, this goes both ways, I think it is a joke when a democrat bill is considered bi-partisan cause they got a couple of republicans to vote with them.
What you thnk does not matter, if a single dem votes with a republican, it is bi-partisan...

Quote:
Oh and you must not know what a "filibuster" is or how it works in today's politics...well the Republicans know what it is and have been using it as a historical rate since they have become the minority, so the Republicans have done their part in stopping anything that comes through the Senate.....hopefully that bothers you too about your own party.

Can you provide a link?

Quote:
Oh and one more thing, how's Romney going to create those 12 million jobs he said he would create?
He has laid out his plan, have you missed it.....you must have been reading obamas plan...please tell us what it is....

Quote:
Now that you should be on the same page, I imagine you know how he is going to do it through his vague plans.

Let's define vague, would it be laser like focus?

Please tell me.....since we will never be on the same page....

Old 09-02-2012, 07:28 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Seems like a reasonable plan...

But guess what, when he is elected and does not do what he said...I'll vote against him....now there is a shocker huh...

Unlike you you 2, who will still vote for obama no matter his failed policies.....and notice how I said his "policies" not obama....
Reasonable? How is a plan that to make the nation energy independent by 2020 going to create jobs in the short-term?

What Romney is betting on is that the economy will create those jobs on it's own and he'll take credit for it. Moody’s Analytics, in an August forecast, predicts 12 million jobs will be created by 2016, no matter who is president (See page 51.) And Macroeconomic Advisors in April also predicted a gain of 12.3 million jobs.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:22 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,578,968 times
This entire debt brohouha is NOTHING but a red herring. When a country is in serious trouble because of the debt, what are the results of that? Number one is a huge devaluation in the currency. Well that has not happened has it? I know there will be plenty who will say it has but relative to the other major currencies of the world it hasn't and that is what counts. Another problem caused by sovereign debt is the inability of the country to sell bonds. Well the world is still buying American government debt as fast as it can be issued. In that vein you can all thank the GOP obstruction in the debt ceiling fiasco for downgrading the countries credit score and even that has not caused the country to pay higher returns on it's bonds.
Another and classic symptom of a country in serious ecomonic difficulty is hyper inflation. We have not experienced this to any marked degree in the USA.

Now, if some of these things were to happen it actually has some positive effects anyway. If the value of the USD dropped it would create a huge stimulus for domestic industry. Canada manipulated it's dollar down to just over 60 cents USD in the early 90s and it lead to a big boom that is just running out of steam now 20 years later.

The USA owes massive amounts of money and it's almost all payable in USD. In fact if the value of the USA was cut in half your REAL debt would be also. That is why China will do almost anything to hold up the value of the USD. Every time the USD looks like it's going to lose a little value the Chinese buy, buy, buy USD. The one thing that some faux patriotic persons might get excited about is that when the currency drops a lot then the country gets massive foreign investments. Here in Canada we have developed out entire economy that way. There really is no problem when you realize these foreign interests have got to observe all the laws, pay taxes and generally behave as good corporate citizens. Us interests are sitting on trillions of dollars, unwilling to invest in the country and I'd bet anything a stampede of foreign investments and takeovers would be a major kick in their collective butts. They would scream like the proverbial stuck pig.

All this screaming about the debt is nothing more than an attempt by the right to corral more money, more power, more influence for their own very narrow interests and at the same time to take money, power and influence away from the vast majority of the people.

There is nothing new about this. It's been done over and over again in countries that have drifted further and further to the right until they become a corporate facist country.

Make no mistake, that is the entire reason behind the GOPs almost insane attenpts to take from the middle and the poor and give to the 1%. It's all about who rules. Is it the corporate robber barons wh rule or is it the sovereign people of the USA who decide the direction of the country. As they have already come a long way in their attempts, anyone should be able to easily see the results of their policies. Third world conditions in every single major American city. Crime rates and incararation rates way way higher than any other developed country. Devastated small cities all over the nation. Ever been to Flint?????? Criminal banksters ruining the entire economy of the nation with no arrests, no charges, no nothing. They have been left in the position to do it again once the economy recovers to the point where they can steal trillions.

The biggest danger to the country clearly is not the sovereign debt but the EVIL near facist right wing that don't give one single hoot about the people of the USA or the future of the USA. Their only care is how much they can plunder tomorrow and how can they set up a system where they can plunder forever.

Old 09-02-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
What you thnk does not matter, if a single dem votes with a republican, it is bi-partisan...

Can you provide a link?

He has laid out his plan, have you missed it.....you must have been reading obamas plan...please tell us what it is....

Let's define vague, would it be laser like focus?

Please tell me.....since we will never be on the same page....
Well I can only tell you what I think, I am aware that both sides do use the flag bi-partisan when they score one vote from the other side, but that is far from being bi-partisan in anyone's book.

That is called "historic" use of the filibuster by the Republicans to block anything and everything.

Well what is Romney's plan, seeing you have actually seen it, I take it.

Quote:
vague

   [veyg] Show IPA
adjective, va·guer, va·guest. 1. not clearly or explicitly stated or expressed: vague promises.

2. indefinite or indistinct in nature or character, as ideas or feelings: a vague premonition of disaster.

3. not clear or distinct to the sight or any other sense; perceptible or recognizable only in an indefinite way: vague shapes in the dark; vague murmurs behind a door.

4. not definitely established, determined, confirmed, or known; uncertain: a vague rumor; The date of his birth is vague.

5. (of persons) not clear or definite in thought, understanding, or expression: vague about his motives; a vague person.
Does that help for a definition of what "vague" means?

Old 09-03-2012, 12:42 AM

2,608 posts, read 2,097,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
This is a non-issue. When so many are unemployed and therefore not paying taxes, the issue is getting those people employed. The debt is not a big problem, regardless of the GOP fear calls (while they refuse to raise taxes on billionaires by a dime.)

The government can borrow at 1.62% That indicates two things. 1) investors are confident about the U.S. ability to repay, and 2) they're willing to lend money to the gov't for free -- below the inflation rate.

That's why although the debt is greater, the amount of interest the U.S. pays is the same as in 2006.
The problem with your fantasy is that many have just had enough of trying to jump through all the hoops your ilk put out there....

All the regulations and Nanny state rules have caused many to just drop out and refuse to play the game....

Atlas Shrugs...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies