Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 09:54 AM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm guessing then that there are a lot of people not getting what they are paying for then.

Terry Cosgrove Abortion Lobbyist - Illinois Supreme Court Videos : Firstpost Topic - Page 1

I fully support gay marriage as a way to provide thousands of homes for those without a steady home setting.

There is also nothing in the article that would show she was mentally ill. She was clearly depressed and upset over the situation but that does not automatically make you mentally ill.

A trial might come to this conclusion with far more evidence than we have been provided and if so, she should be treated as such.
Pro-choice does not mean pro-abortion. It's sad you can't figure that out.

The woman in question was heavily under the influence of hormones. That should be taken into account when discussing her case. But you anti-abortionists are so incapable of admitting that pregnancy is not nine months of rainbows and sunshine that you refuse to admit that. I suppose next you'll argue that post-partum depression is merely a figment of pro-choice imagination?

Old 09-03-2012, 10:01 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Pro-choice does not mean pro-abortion. It's sad you can't figure that out.
Not always. Sometimes it is.

Quote:
The woman in question was heavily under the influence of hormones.
Conjecture your honor.

Quote:
That should be taken into account when discussing her case. But you anti-abortionists are so incapable of admitting that pregnancy is not nine months of rainbows and sunshine that you refuse to admit that. I suppose next you'll argue that post-partum depression is merely a figment of pro-choice imagination?

One could and have argued that this very same reasoning caused a woman to shoot her husband or kill her kids. In those cases she is charged and allowed to present any evidence to back up her claims. But I've noted this over and over. We are never going to nor should we allow pregnant women do anything and simply use an excuse that their hormone's were over active.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:08 AM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,075 times
Quote:

I have a few problems with this:

Quote:
In her dissenting opinion, Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, called the decision "alarming" and "irrational." She said: "[The ruling] tolerates, indeed applauds, federal intervention to ban nationwide a procedure found necessary and proper in certain cases by the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists." She later continues: "[It] cannot be understood as anything other than an effort to chip away at a right declared again and again by this Court–and with increasing comprehension of its centrality to women’s lives."

and this:

Quote:
Bad news came from Indiana on May 11. The state Supreme Court has refused to review charges of attempted feticide and murder against Bei Bei Shuai. Just before Christmas 2010, Shuai, who was thirty-three weeks pregnant, attempted to kill herself by consuming rat poison after her boyfriend, father of the baby, abruptly announced he was married and abandoned her to return to his family. Rushed to the hospital, she had a Caesarean section, but her newborn daughter died after a few days of life. (Here’s my column on the case.) Despite amicus briefs from eighty respected experts and relevant medical and social organizations—the state of Indiana, for reasons best known to itself, will do its best to send Shuai to prison. Potential sentence: forty-five to sixty-five years. The only good news is that after spending 435 days in jail, Shuai is now out on bail.
What does what this woman did in India have to do with the USA? What am I missing here? are people here saying that what India does the USA mimics and eventally does the same? If we start prosecuting pregnant women who attempt suicide that leads to the death of the unborn fetus which I consider to be a baby at 33 weeks then the Father who threated to abandon her and child should that lead to her unstable thinking and causeing her to attempt suicide should be prosecuted with at least manslaughter. Why does he get off free and clear when he's part of the problem and reason for what happened.

Old 09-03-2012, 10:13 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post
What does what this woman did in India have to do with the USA?
Indiana not India.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:01 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,075 times
Quote:
Indiana not India.

OMG I completely misread that Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies