Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2012, 07:12 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,797,985 times

Advertisements

I would mention Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams as conservative intellectuals. William Kristol would be another. Though I question Kristol's conservative credentials.

The fact is intellectuals don't tend to do TV shows.

Last edited by whogo; 09-01-2012 at 07:21 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 07:13 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,622,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
There are some, but they're overshadowed by the bright ones.
as Clint said, Biden the the brains of the democrat party...

Old 09-01-2012, 07:15 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,454,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Which party took over Congress in 2010?
The Republicans (In the House)

Now a question for you: Which congress is the most unpopular in history?

Old 09-01-2012, 07:21 PM

33,466 posts, read 17,986,405 times
Oh, this is funny.. since when is the big wind bag Harvard approved so called intellectuals, who think they have intellect have any kind of regular common sense.. the dems have no common sense and because of that their intellect is stupidity with people like Obama who can't understand how to help create jobs instead Obama gets in the way to create jobs . Obama the job killer who suppose to be an intellect.. HA HA

Old 09-01-2012, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Well that's funny, because for the past four years most Americans have only seen racist clowns like Glenn Beck, Liars like Rush Limbaugh and Sean Hannity, and the likes of Sarah Palin. No sign of Rice, Will or other intelligent conservatives anywhere. Why, you'd think the party rank and file was mostly angry white men from the midwest, upper Rockies and the Deep South. hmmm...
..another example of why our students aren't learning anything.. If you want to do your part to save the country, change occupations and leave our children alone...

Old 09-01-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Isn't it funny how they have no real explanation for the fact that most blacks, latinos, single women, the non-religious, educators and college educated whites identify as Liberals/Democrats? They only look at that evidence and deny it to its face. These people live in an alternate reality. Amazing.

News Flash, conservatives: If the amount of people who don't like you is that diverse, then maybe it's YOU that has a problem. Not us.
Nope, it's definitely YOU...

Old 09-01-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
How come nobody ever told me that? And when I think of the A's and B's that I've given to students that I hope to never see again. Who knew I could have just failed them for not personally pleasing me.
Ahhh, another teacher, another example of why our children are failing... Get a new job and save our children..

Old 09-01-2012, 07:28 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,576,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayabone View Post
ahhh, another teacher, another example of why our children are failing... Get a new job and save our children..
No thanks. And I don't teach children. I teach adults.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:30 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,454,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
..another example of why our students aren't learning anything.. If you want to do your part to save the country, change occupations and leave our children alone...
I keep my politics out of my teaching,(Just ask my right wing students) but thank you for the advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayabone View Post
Nope, it's definitely YOU...
Is that all for a comeback? Really? Then maybe YOU would care to tell me why the GOP's core constituency is mostly white males above a certain age, from certain regions of the country without advanced degrees? I'm still waiting for an answer that one. No one's been able to help me.

Old 09-01-2012, 07:30 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,797,985 times
Quote:
The Republicans (In the House)

Now a question for you: Which congress is the most unpopular in history?
The fact is, from looking at currrent polls, it does not seem America is moving toward liberalism. Even if Obama wins it will be by less than he won in 2008, the Senate is up for grabs and it is highly probable the Republicans will retain the House.

I don't look at running trillion dollar deficits indefinitely as smart.

The fact is 90% of the people in Congress are reasonably rational people and the partisans on each side will pick on the minority that ain't.

The fact that most Americans, left and right, get a lot of their info from talk show hosts is a bit frightening.

When I was young Galbraith and Friedman made the best seller lists. Now it is Franken and Limbaugh.

The anti-intellectualism on both sides is appalling. Just the other day there was a post where a few liberals were arguing that life does not begin at conception.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies