U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 04:22 PM

10,018 posts, read 11,586,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
It's not a gun problem, it's a culture problem. Most people fail to see, understand or comprehend that, so I don't blame you - you're not even a U.S. citizen.

So if you're really that concerned, then please, stay home. We don't want you to come here and be so afraid of your own shadow that you're not able to have a good time.
I'm not afraid of squat. I've walked through the worst part of South Chicago, Camden NJ, Detroit, St Louis and many other big and bad American cities. You see I'm interested in the American urban decay thing. My truck broke down in Flint and I spent the whole day wandering around the very worst part of town. I'm not scared in the least. I don't make myself ook like I'm worth mugging and guess what? No one bothers me. Now I admit I was nervous when my wife and I were walking around the part of Panama city that we were told to stay away from. You want to talk about guns. Almost everyone was armed to the teeth. Uzzis, machine guns,submachine guns and pistols all over the place. My wife said, "don't worry, if one of these guys bugs us then one of the other ones will probably shoot them". LOL Now that must be the definition of positive thinking.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2012, 04:24 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,474 posts, read 14,803,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
Typo..1 in 1,000,000 plus chance of dying by a firearm

And the chances of little kids dying in pools is even far greater. It is high time to make swimming pools illegal in America.

Which is More Dangerous, a Gun or a Swimming Pool?
What if the pool is full of loaded guns instead of water?

Old 09-25-2012, 04:42 PM

1,316 posts, read 1,319,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
What, ?????? Do you think we are all stupid or something. If the chances were one in a million then only 330 people a year would be killed in the USA by a firearm. You Americans have one big whopping gun problem in your country. Just for a minute think about these numbers of people murdered per year by guns.

UK, 68
Canada 165
Australia 65
Japan 39
USA over 11,000

Now, if you are unable to see somewhat of a problen in those numbers then you are the problem.
Don't know where you live but if you had Mexico on your border, your KIA would go up accordingly.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:48 PM

12,956 posts, read 9,243,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
What if the pool is full of loaded guns instead of water?
If guns are outlawed then outlaws will start drowning people in swimming pools.

Old 09-25-2012, 04:48 PM

990 posts, read 872,128 times
Quote:

And the chances of little kids dying in pools is even far greater. It is high time to make swimming pools illegal in America.

What about French Fries?
Coca-cola?

This is why you cannot leglislate safety and why ALL drugs should be legal, not just the harmless marijuana, but also the horrible narcotics which ruin lives and kill people. They would probably lead to 1 death per 100,000 people, and would still be safer than greasy foods, laziness or cheating on a jealous wife with an angry streak.

Old 09-25-2012, 08:29 PM

10,018 posts, read 11,586,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Don't know where you live but if you had Mexico on your border, your KIA would go up accordingly.
Come on now!! We have the freakin USA on our border. Our Dudley Dorights are constantly catching them Yanks trying to sneak their heaters in here.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:28 PM

18,845 posts, read 34,649,163 times
How many deaths are due to drunk driving each year? They tried to outlaw alcohol during prohibition, it did not work out too well. And yet, few deaths are due to maligned Pitbulls, and they are illegal in many cities now. Not even close to deaths by guns.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:41 PM

10,553 posts, read 8,878,754 times
Guns may very well cause more suicides than homicides in men: Suicide is one of the top 10 causes of death in the U.S. and men are more successful at offing themselves because they more often choose firearms than drugs or other methods.

More people die from suicide (32,352 in 2008) each year than homicide (8,893 in 2008).

Old 09-25-2012, 09:44 PM

31,370 posts, read 34,521,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yes, we know!
I'll give you credit for acknowledging that the comparison is idiotic.

Signed

Gun owning liberal for safe gun laws.

Old 09-25-2012, 09:48 PM

15,084 posts, read 19,010,174 times
Quote:

If everyone had a pool this could be prevented.

[water, water everwhere...]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies