Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 11:46 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
Racist?

Always pulling the race card, huh?

When you're beat, always pull the race card. Typical tactic of the left. It is even more preposterous when even the comment you quoted has nothing to do with race. Maybe that's the paranoid part coming in, as highlighted in my first post on this thread.
This is the first time in my life I mentioned anything about race. It's obvious i am right. Else you would not attempt to squash the entire issue simply by saying "pulled the race card.". You cannot answer every race issue with "its pulling the race card, next." Because some of them are valid. You are attempting to invalidate with no proof.

I asked for facts to prove me wrong. Where are the facts? Prove me wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 11:50 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Are you saying there are no white Democrats Some of you can make a comment "racist" without even trying.
No. That's not what I am saying. Go re-read my post along with the quote that I was commenting on.

I did ask for FACTs to prove me wrong. Pls give the facts to backup statement that I commented on.

What did the OP mean when they said that the MAJORITY of those in the Democratic party are on welfare and refuse to work. Why did thee OP say this. Where did they get the facts. If they are wrong, then why is their opinion like this?

You do not have to be an intellectual to understand exactly what the OP meant. You can deny it, but we all know what this person was saying.

Show me the facts that the majority of Democrats are 1) on welfare and 2) refuse the work.

And then explain how this is not racist. Because it is and you know it and I know it.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:36 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
What is absurd about Jesus? He did exist. There's evidence that supports that He did.

Jesus is of the lineage of Adam. Adam sinned, thus sin entered the world. Blood sacrifices were used for the remission of sins, but Jesus, God in the Flesh, laid down his life and was the ultimate sacrifice, the Lamb of God. Thus, through accepting Christ, one's sin is forgiven.

What is so hard to figure about this? What is absurd about Jesus, to you?
Leave Jesus out of this. First of all, we were talking about Jonah.

Jesus is a nice guy. Not sure he's the divine son of God, but he'd be right at home in the Democratic party, as he was history's first hippie that distrusted rich people, and told everyone they should help the poor. He also hung out with prostitutes and society's outcasts.

As Ghandi said: “I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ.” - Gandhi (whom Christians believe is burning in Hell).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason
t's not self-serving. I'm not stating such with the pretense of getting something.
It is self serving. It's the same clap trap BS "get on your knees and pray to holy baby jesus holler-loo-ya savior died for my sins let me help you help save yourself" rhetoric that has ZERO relevancy to the point of this thread.

I don't know who you're trying to impress --- yourself? Other Christians who may be reading? God? but it's tiresome and old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason
Oh really? What do you say for individuals who have died, only to be resuscitated, and then speak of either Heaven or Hell. Others report seeing Jesus.
Yeah, and a bunch of Hindus claim to have knowledge and ability to delve into their "past lives" of reincarnation.

Muslims also have "near death experiences" of their own stripe.

There is also a very COMMON SENSE, scientific explanation for NDEs.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:43 PM

811 posts, read 1,053,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Leave Jesus out of this. First of all, we were talking about Jonah.
Jesus is the Word made Flesh. If you're going to speak negatively of the Bible, then you've got to admit that you're discrediting Jesus.

Quote:
Jesus is a nice guy. Not sure he's the divine son of God, but he'd be right at home in the Democratic party, as he was history's first hippie that distrusted rich people, and told everyone they should help the poor. He also hung out with prostitutes and society's outcasts.
He hung out with prostitutes and outcasts to bring them to the revelation that a God loves them and that he wants them to turn from their ways. Christians are instructed to bring others to Jesus.

Quote:
As Ghandi said: “I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. They are so unlike your Christ.” - Gandhi (whom Christians believe is burning in Hell).
If anyone rejects Christ, they do spend eternity in hell. It isn't about how good you are. It's about the covering of sins through Jesus' sacrifice on the cross.

Many Christians do not behave the way they should, as they still live in fleshly bodies that are tempted. That doesn't excuse the behavior, it only makes you perhaps aware of why you might see it.

Quote:
It is self serving. It's the same clap trap BS "get on your knees and pray to holy baby jesus holler-loo-ya savior died for my sins let me help you help save yourself" rhetoric that has ZERO relevancy to the point of this thread.
Earlier, you said that "Jesus is a nice guy", but now you're showing disrespect toward Jesus?

Quote:
I don't know who you're trying to impress --- yourself? Other Christians who may be reading? God? but it's tiresome and old.
I only speak the truth from conviction. If you don't like, it's not surprising, for Jesus says that the world would hate His followers on account of Him.

Yeah, and a bunch of Hindus claim to have knowledge and ability to delve into their "past lives" of reincarnation.

Muslims also have "near death experiences" of their own stripe.

There is also a very COMMON SENSE, scientific explanation for NDEs.[/quote]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies