Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 07:28 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutchman01 View Post
We are living in a society that is increasingly authoritarian in nature. The president is increasingly governing for executive fiat. The supreme court is, as usual, supporting an exponential increase in the power of the federal government. The mainstream press, as usual, is still echoing democratic party talking points. 50% or a little better will vote to continue the process. Crap.
Yea, i heard President Obama was up all night worrying about how to remove that flag from General Lee.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 07:30 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yea, i heard President Obama was up all night worrying about how to remove that flag from General Lee.
Obama stays up at night practicing his stupid golf swing and figuring out ways to cheat on his score card.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:32 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,187,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Obama stays up at night practicing his stupid golf swing and figuring out ways to cheat on his score card.
Oh yea? That's wonderful. Thanks for the info.

Old 09-03-2012, 07:59 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,933,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
That is the difference. I'm not into fast cars. Not into muscle cars and sports cars of any kind. I never identified with any of the stuff from Dukes of Hazzard.
Well there you go^^^ it was just a show and didn't have any racial tones to begin with. It was all about Boss Hogg trying to get the boys in trouble. Now they want to make it a racial show..........just plain stupid on their part. Nanny state and trying to make everything more than it is, is never going to work, its going to make America a boring country.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:01 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,933,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
This is tragic, the fracking world is going to come to an end!

Forget about Afghanistan, Syria, the European financial crisis our economic crisis taking the rebel flag off of models... this requires the attention of the UN.
If a thread was started you'd probably complain about another Obama bashing thread.............lighten up theres other issues besides the ME and Europe.......we have a war on orange cars going on!!

Old 09-03-2012, 08:04 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,366,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
This is tragic, the fracking world is going to come to an end!

Forget about Afghanistan, Syria, the European financial crisis our economic crisis taking the rebel flag off of models... this requires the attention of the UN.
Quote:
Wow...what a pressing issue. The flag on General Lee. Amazing.

Of course, the main whiners in this situation are folks that hate Hollywood anyway.
And what have Obama and the democrats done about any of that? Nothing to improve the situation or you liberals might have something to talk about other than Republicans.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:28 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,937,499 times
Wow more supposed "conservatives" whining about decisions private businessmen make! What happened to "if you don't like something don't buy it?" All goes out the window when its something mildly annoying

Old 09-03-2012, 08:31 PM

3,325 posts, read 3,169,536 times
Quote:
I doubt that. I'm guessing your president is trying to figure out how to stay your president at this point.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:39 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,758,749 times
Well this lib loves muscle cars, especially ones that always manage to fly through the air and run like a scalded dog away from Boss Hogg, and of course, hot blonds in short shorts. The Dukes were intended to be good ol' redneck idiots, so it seems to me that the stars and bars were fitting.

Funny, I was just thinking of buying my boy his first car model, and that would have been cool. Without the stars and bars it would not be the beast. I really find that to be a stupid business decision. I mean who the hell want just another orange Charger. A Hemi Cuda would be much cooler.

Come to think of it, I have a persimmon orange '70 Chevelle in high school. Looked and sounded great, but kind of a POS (burned oil like a worn out crop duster). I wonder if I could have jumped a few creeks in it too. That would have been cool. Oh, wait, I did accidentally jump an irrigation ditch in my stepdad's 72 Datsun! The General Lee definitely had the edge in hang time.

Old 09-03-2012, 08:47 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,578,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Well there you go^^^ it was just a show and didn't have any racial tones to begin with. It was all about Boss Hogg trying to get the boys in trouble. Now they want to make it a racial show..........just plain stupid on their part. Nanny state and trying to make everything more than it is, is never going to work, its going to make America a boring country.
It wasn't just the cars I didn't identify with. I spent middle school and high school in an area where there were people sort of like that. I didn't fit in well at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies