Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 01:27 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,483,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Eliminating the ethanol con er uh mandate should be done ASAP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Corn is at record highs and the EPA has mandated a greater percentage be in the gas.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The problem is that we can't just shift that quickly to alternative additive.But I sgree that the mandate was not a waise move as few such mandated decisions are.
the problem there was the stupid liberals pushed for corn for ethanol...usinga food for oil

they would have been better off with a cane...or even better HEMP

Hemp has a higher quality fiber than wood fiber. Far fewer caustic chemicals are required to make paper from hemp than from trees. Hemp paper does not turn yellow and is very durable. The plant grows quickly to maturity in a season where trees take a lifetime.

ALL PLASTIC PRODUCTS SHOULD BE MADE FROM HEMP SEED OIL. Hempen plastics are biodegradable! Over time, they would break down and not harm the environment. Oil-based plastics, the ones we are very familiar with, help ruin nature; they do not break down and will do great harm in the future. The process to produce the vast array of natural (hempen) plastics will not ruin the rivers as Dupont and other petrochemical companies have done. Ecology does not fit in with the plans of the Oil Industry and the political machine. Hemp products are safe and natural.

actually hemp is very easy to grow...needs little watering..need no insecticides...needs no additional fertilize..actually helps the dirt

if gore had been smart he would have pushed for ethenol to be from hemp instead of a food, like corn which need water,insecticide, and fertilize...and is less cellulos than hemp
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2012, 01:29 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
the problem there was the stupid liberals pushed for corn for ethanol...usinga food for oil
I do not think it was just liberals. This was a huge payoff in general for the farm lobby. The farm lobby feeds the pigs of all persuasions.

It generally isn't the liberals that argue against the use of hemp.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:31 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I do not think it was just liberals. This was a huge payoff in general for the farm lobby. The farm lobby feeds the pigs of all persuasions.

Correct. congress from both sides of the isle in the corn belt supported it.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:

it was the liberals that made hemp illegal in 1937

Old 09-04-2012, 01:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
it was the liberals that made hemp illegal in 1937
Please.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Please.
please what

yes you may have another

Old 09-04-2012, 02:24 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Some of us prefer it that way. Id rather burn fuel and live in a nice area .
Funny, some of us don't want to burn fuel and still live in a nice area.

Old 09-04-2012, 03:58 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
While U.S. gasoline prices have been on the rise for the past two months — and are presently $0.15/gallon higher than they were a year ago — I expect that gasoline prices will start to fall rapidly in the weeks ahead. There are four reasons for this.
  • First is that the spike from Hurricane Isaac will be short-lived as damage to oil and gas infrastructure seems to be limited. Facilities will be back online relatively quickly.
  • Second is that summer driving season is at an end, and demand for gasoline will now decline.
  • Third, the transition to winter gasoline (explained in depth in Refining 101: Winter Gasoline and Why Summer Gasoline Means Higher Prices) begins on September 15th. This will both lower the cost and increase the supplies of gasoline.
  • Finally, the recent run-up in oil prices appears to be already priced into the cost of gasoline.

All of these factors point to the strong probability that gasoline prices will fall regardless of any government action between now and the election.Source
it wouldn't make sense that gasoline is in higher demand in a worldwide recession.

they are building more tankers to store yet more oil:

Tank Storage Magazine - Industry News

perhaps, the iran oil embargo is keeps prices propped up.

all is never as it seems, so who can even predict what happens next?

Old 09-04-2012, 04:20 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,418,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Wow, that is gonna suck for the Republicans who think it is Obama's fault the gas prices go up.

Of course the best way to avoid high gas prices is to not have a car. I love spending this entire summer care-free.
The better way is to earn enough that you don't care about $1 or $2 bucks a gallon and enjoy the fun of driving the california coast. Care free.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:26 PM

4,255 posts, read 3,479,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Funny, some of us don't want to burn fuel and still live in a nice area.

And that is your choice. I prefer living on 6 quiet acres where I am left alone after my workday is done. I cant afford to do that in the area I work in. So I chose the next option , driving to work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies