Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2012, 03:27 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,464,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
That's amusing, because 6 Billion other people have no problem at all.

Like I was just telling someone else, the 2nd time I lived in Romania 10-12 years ago, the average Romanian made $300/month.

You can't live off of that? Romanians did. What, you thought everyone was homeless or lived in cardboard boxes? Nope. They rented apartments -- $25/month to $50/month for a nice one bedroom.

You can live on low wage jobs.....and you'll learn how to do that, because there is no alternative for you.

So rent control is the answer?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2012, 03:28 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Is the President suppose to force companies to hire people?

Or is the President suppose to order all companies that have relocated over seas, over the last 30 years, to return to America??

Or is the President suppose to force banks, who sit on over a Trillion dollars in cash, to give out small business loans??

How exactly are you connecting the President to this?

And how would it be different if you were President?

Do you think if you were President...got elected in 2008, that none of these people would be requesting food aid??

What would you have done??.....
The president is just the CEO of the corp (United States). His choices do make an impact. However, the govt owns and controls those banks, including those controlling 80% of global wealth. The govt also owns the controlling shares in almost all publicly traded corps. They sent all those jobs overseas and made a killing in profit doing it.

Need to get the profits from those funds back in the hands of the taxpayers and get more localization efforts going. Bottom line the govt and the central controlled funds systems need to get back to working for the taxpayer.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:30 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Is the President suppose to force companies to hire people?

Or is the President suppose to order all companies that have relocated over seas, over the last 30 years, to return to America??

Or is the President suppose to force banks, who sit on over a Trillion dollars in cash, to give out small business loans??

How exactly are you connecting the President to this?

And how would it be different if you were President?

Do you think if you were President...got elected in 2008, that none of these people would be requesting food aid??

What would you have done??.....
He could force companies to hire Americans. In fact as the Chief Executor of USA laws, he's supposed to do just that but instead he's encouraging illegal entry and the taking of jobs by foreigners.

And yes, he should undo all that damage Bill Clinton did with NAFTA. Put NAFTA back on the table and all those other cheap labor trade deals.

And why did he say he would create 5 million jobs if he knew he coudn't? Did he out-and-out lie to the American people?

Old 09-23-2012, 03:37 PM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
What does the President have to do with people needing food assistance after the 2006-9 economic crash...

I don't get or understand the connection....

Please explain...
Most of these anti-Obama threads are begun by the same person, just to get people's reaction to the thread itself, I can't type the word for it because I'm trying to be nice about, but the word begins with a T.

I guess after things went south in 2006, and continued to be bad for several more years, and still are bad in areas, some people just love to jump on it and place blame on the current admin..
Obama is the right wing's pinata.
Quote:
He could force companies to hire Americans.
are you kidding? right wingers would have his head on a platter, they're halfway do now.

Old 09-23-2012, 03:43 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,933,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
He could force companies to hire Americans. In fact as the Chief Executor of USA laws, he's supposed to do just that but instead he's encouraging illegal entry and the taking of jobs by foreigners.

And yes, he should undo all that damage Bill Clinton did with NAFTA. Put NAFTA back on the table and all those other cheap labor trade deals.

And why did he say he would create 5 million jobs if he knew he coudn't? Did he out-and-out lie to the American people?
Instead it appears money is being spent to upgrade mexican trucks. Bill Clinton is a good example though. He and his admin passed the commodity modernization act, repealed glass-steagall and gave china the permanent favored nation along with some other fun things. This all contributed greatly to the big bubble and that -33% (mfr jobs) easily leaving the country. In fact, I think the concept of the internet, in part could have been intended to setup a larger global network and make outsourcing easier. Administratively, it is a natural step considering the other actions that were taken. The outsourcing was most definitely intentional imo. Catherine Austin Fitts, was told the outsourcing was coming back when she worked for HUD, under Papa Bush.
U.S. taxpayers foot the bill to upgrade Mexican truck emissions - San ...

Old 09-23-2012, 03:48 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,326,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
The president is just the CEO of the corp (United States). His choices do make an impact. However, the govt owns and controls those banks, including those controlling 80% of global wealth. The govt also owns the controlling shares in almost all publicly traded corps. They sent all those jobs overseas and made a killing in profit doing it.

Need to get the profits from those funds back in the hands of the taxpayers and get more localization efforts going. Bottom line the govt and the central controlled funds systems need to get back to working for the taxpayer.
I tend to think it's the opposite...

I tend to observe that it's the Banks that 'own' the Governments...

That when it comes to profits, there really is no soveriegnty....

And from what I've read and studied...the Government did not send or tell any of those companies to relocate over seas...

One thing we can agree on though, and that is high Government jobs, like 'Secretary of Commerce' ect ect...and Corporate employees, often jump back and forth from Gov to Corp, Corp to Gov....

When a President is elected...they often hire friends, buddies, alumni over from the private sector and appoint them to high positions...this has been going on since the founding of this nation...

All that aside...I don't think it's fair to play 'hit and run' comments about the President, any President...

If McCain had been elected...more than likely the same people applying for food aid now...would have done so under a McCain administration also...

As an Independent...I'm more interested in us getting along, and weathering out the storm, than I am in taking cheap shots at either party...which only benefits elected officials...

Old 09-23-2012, 03:51 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
NAFTA is old news. You all should be paying attention to the new trade deal...TPP (Trans Pacific Partnership)
This deal under way already has 26 chapters and not all dealing with trade.

Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 09-23-2012, 03:58 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

excellent points, especially because our "free trade" certainly isn't free. i always said that the first thing that should happen is that american goods should be prominently labeled-if for no other reason than to constantly remind americans to look for and buy american goods. i think it is very good that farmer's markets are rising locally, and people are making/baking/selling things they made to local people. i always try and patronize farmer's markets, and am pleased by the quality of goods. it's also good for people to think about what they could make to supplement their incomes during hard times,and to ask themselves "what do i do well?" we had a local lady who started making cream puffs just because her family raved about them and built it into a successful business for herself--so now she gets to do something she loves full time for a living.

didn't a lot of that stimulus money go to FOREIGN companies? what was that about? (same with the bank bailout money)

on a side note, why were perfectly good cars destroyed if you really want to help working class americans? there are people who literally cannot afford a new car, and a reliable used car certainly would have been helpful for them. all those intentionally destroyed cars mean higher prices and less options for people. ( i guess that was a favor for the unions)

and one other thing, i wasn't sure if all of america is having a "recession". i live in a county that had rapid growth during the boom so i thought that my area might be a little skewed when compared to more established areas, but then i read this :

ARE YOU SEEING WHAT I’M SEEING? « The Burning Platform

really an interesting read on what people are actually seeing out there.

Last edited by floridasandy; 09-23-2012 at 04:07 PM..

Old 09-23-2012, 06:04 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,178,918 times
The kicker is..the Liberals and Democrats brag about this!. Amazing...bragging about people having to use food stamps to survive...this is the American Dream for them....people starving....

Old 09-23-2012, 06:20 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,252,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
The kicker is..the Liberals and Democrats brag about this!. Amazing...bragging about people having to use food stamps to survive...this is the American Dream for them....people starving....
Why? Because they realize that the previous cutoff for receiving food stamps too low and more people needed to be covered? Yes, people would brag about extending care to others instead of alienating them as the Republicans do when it comes to lower income people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies