Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 04:45 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,815,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
you need some more training. Start with the difference between dog aggression and people aggression, dogs know the difference and so can you if you study real hard.
Most LEOs aren't going to have a large chunk removed out of their thigh or arm to find out first.

Bottom line...if they clear that door and discover a dangerous breed...there will be gunfire. A Taser at the very least. Human lives and medical bills/ workmans comp costs WAY more than a dopeman's mutt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2012, 04:52 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,815,572 times
Or.........you can skip all of this mess by not selling drugs!

Well...duh....no one ever thought of that!

Where is my tack hammer to bonk some noggins'?

Old 09-09-2012, 06:36 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,559,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
Or.........you can skip all of this mess by not selling drugs!

Well...duh....no one ever thought of that!

Where is my tack hammer to bonk some noggins'?
or legalize them and go fight some real crime. Your days are numbered anyway, they are replacing you with military, cameras, and drones.

Old 09-10-2012, 03:57 AM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times
For those who think they can identify an American Pit Bull Terrier, here is a list of 25 medium and large breed dogs:

Pet Pitbull - Find the Pit Bull

How many tries does it take you to "Find the Pit Bull?"

Old 09-11-2012, 04:07 AM

26,143 posts, read 19,825,082 times
Hehe i gave up after 4 tries

Old 09-11-2012, 04:31 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Drug dealers house gets raided. Grandma is aware of the illegal activity happening in her home. Threats are directed at the police. Yes I can see why some are angry that the police didn't just say ah shucks lets pack it up and head on to the house.
There are many laws I may not agree with. I detest that I get pulled over after going to a party and a lame excuse is given as to why I was pulled over. The obvious answer and the truth is that the cops were trying to catch me driving while drunk. The fact that I dont drink anywhere but at home and even then very seldom has no relevance. Do I give the cops a hard time? NO. I comply and if they step out of line I'll hire a lawyer to haul their ashes.
How stupid is it to act the fool when someone or many someones have guns pointed at you? How stupid is it to be aggressive when you know for a fact that you are breaking drug laws?
I'm sorry but grandma knew what was going on in her house. Some times stupid hurts.

Old 09-11-2012, 04:50 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PacificFlights View Post
It was really a non news item. Police conducted a raid on several known drug dealers and manufactures. At one location they were already warned by the suspects that they would kill the police and send their dogs to attack any intruders, During the raid, the occupant ordered their guard dog to attack the police. The police responded to the perceived threat by shooting the dog. Thats it. One of the drug dealing manufacture happen to be 75 years old. The dog is being called a "pet" instead of a trainned attack dog and all sorts of cutsy "pet" traits are being claimed to make the owners of the dog appear like victims instead of criminals.

The local police can be called, they are small enough to provide info and they will give you the name of the local weekly newspaper who will answer questions on this. They don;t have a online version of the actual paper.

Basically, the pittbull crossed from household pet to that of a dangerious defensive weapon, a simple piece of defensive equipment, not a pet. (technicaly, I don;t even think this post should be in this forum based on the "pupose" of the pet forum.)
All of this over "several" marijuana plants? Wow, big drug bust! Please end the war on drugs or at least re-think it!

Old 09-11-2012, 05:17 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,165,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
For those who think they can identify an American Pit Bull Terrier, here is a list of 25 medium and large breed dogs:

1 try. Sorry. While many people don't know the difference, I can quickly spot em.

Old 09-11-2012, 06:10 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
They killed a dog. Some years ago our "Local Heroes" raided a "drug dealer's place" and killed an unarmed man in his own bed. Too bad they had the right house number on the wrong street.

Paramilitary raids have no place in enforcing criminal law. The same thing, arresting the dealer’s, could have been accomplished by surrounding the place and sending one policeman to the front door and serving a search warrant. All he had to say is you are surrounded and don't do anything stupid. The problem with this approach is it avoids all the glory of a paramilitary raid. It also uncovers stupid mistakes that get innocent people killed

Old 09-11-2012, 06:20 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,814,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

Yesterday I took a long walk with my daughter and her dog. The dog is a cross between an American Bull Dog...and a Rotti...He is very strong- and large..just over a year old and almost a hundred pounds...Because of his big silly square head..and his muscle - People walking by cringed in fear thinking is was some sort of Pit Bull...number one- his mouth looks nothing like a Pit Bull- He is twice the size of a Pit Bull...I can spot a Pit Bull...most can't - The only danger my daughters dog might be is that he may knock you or another dog over when he gets going....He is an absolute doll...with a sweet and gentle disposition...problem is- the big goof is so strong....he walks like a body builder ....

He is NOT a Pit Bull and I wish people were more informed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies