Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 09:57 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Blacks and Hispanics get affirmative action; anglo white men DON'T. Zimmerman IS both Black and Hispanic tho he says he's "white". AA is racism; I see it as saying "Blacks" and "browns" ain't good enough to play in the "white" world. Funny how many Italians and Asians are "Hispanic brown" in color and do well. Sheesh!
Anglo white men have their own affirmative action policy. It's called "American society."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 10:14 PM

640 posts, read 717,535 times
Quote:
Blacks and Hispanics get affirmative action; anglo white men DON'T. Zimmerman IS both Black and Hispanic tho he says he's "white". AA is racism; I see it as saying "Blacks" and "browns" ain't good enough to play in the "white" world. Funny how many Italians and Asians are "Hispanic brown" in color and do well. Sheesh!

What does affirmative action have to do with this? This only becomes a racial issue because people make it one by injecting race into it.

Zimmerman had no right to impede, confront, stalk, or attack anyone. He has no legal authority and was, in point of fact, told to stand down by police dispatch. Race doesn't have a factor in that. He is responsible for everything that occured because of his decisions and actions.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:06 PM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Anglo white men have their own affirmative action policy. It's called "American society."
A society that discriminates them through affirmative action laws and minority quotas?

A society that stifles freedom of association?

A society that stifles freedom of assembly if a European-American group dared to attempt to congregate?

A society that teaches White children that their ancestors were "evil colonists" and that they should be feel ashamed because of it.

A society that denounces them due to the fact their existence implies an invisible, omnipotent "privilege"?

Many are waking up to the leftist propaganda that has dominated our media and academic institutions since the 60's.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Allen 242 View Post
What does affirmative action have to do with this? This only becomes a racial issue because people make it one by injecting race into it.

Zimmerman had no right to impede, confront, stalk, or attack anyone. He has no legal authority and was, in point of fact, told to stand down by police dispatch. Race doesn't have a factor in that. He is responsible for everything that occured because of his decisions and actions.
The police had no legal authority over Zimmerman. They had no legal right to disarm him, they could only recommend that he disarm. Thank God that he did not disarm himself, as he probably would have been murdered by Lil' Tray, the self-proclaimed "No Limit Ni**a".

Old 09-06-2012, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
The police had no legal authority over Zimmerman. They had no legal right to disarm him, they could only recommend that he disarm. Thank God that he did not disarm himself, as he probably would have been murdered by Lil' Tray, the self-proclaimed "No Limit Ni**a".
He should've been killed by Trayvon. It would save the tax payers money.

And, there's a difference between "disarm" and "disengage".

Old 09-07-2012, 12:03 AM

Quote:
He should've been killed by Trayvon. It would save the tax payers money.

And, there's a difference between "disarm" and "disengage".
Tray Tray was the aggressor, and paid the ultimate price.

If he didn't attack Señor Zimmerman, he would still be here today. Zimmerman is lucky Trayvon wasn't with his homies, as flash mob attacks by young Africans is becoming a frequent occurrence in this country. A young African teen mob recently smashed a young cracker's face up in Buffalo, but I think the media had better things to report. I don't expect any condemnation from Jess and Al, nor do I expect the president to condemn a pack of his "sons" randomly attacking innocents.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:37 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Nice. I see what you did there with the thinly veiled racism. Lots of laughs.

Some of you should imagine the situation reversed...let's say, some Black Panthers out patrolling the neighborhoods for crime prevention killed a white...dear Jeebus you characters would be bat chit crazy...

And, the analogy holds water..."neighborhood watch guy" holds no legal jurisdiction, no authority...

Frankly, I'm not sure where y'all are from and why some are so willing to give away their rights to authority...or some intangible authority-by-proxy. Zimmerman's only obligation, rssponsibility, or subject of authority was to mind his own effin' business and not profile and stalk innocent kids.

If this were a just world Trayvon would've been armed, Zimmerman would be dead and we'd be having an entirely different conversation about the relative merits of Stand Your Ground laws.
I see what you did there with the thinly veiled racism.

Quote:

Uh; YOU 'injected" racism into this thread, I countered with MY opinion.

Old 09-07-2012, 07:54 AM

Quote:
I see what you did there with the thinly veiled racism.
How could it be racist? I'm white.

Quote:
Uh; YOU 'injected" racism into this thread, I countered with MY opinion.
So, your defense is random, off-topic, feckless meandering that was misconstrued as race baiting within context? Nice try.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Tray Tray was the aggressor, and paid the ultimate price...
That's historical revisionsism.

Quote:
If he didn't attack Señor Zimmerman, he would still be here today. Zimmerman is lucky Trayvon wasn't with his homies, as flash mob attacks by young Africans is becoming a frequent occurrence in this country. A young African teen mob recently smashed a young cracker's face up in Buffalo, but I think the media had better things to report. I don't expect any condemnation from Jess and Al, nor do I expect the president to condemn a pack of his "sons" randomly attacking innocents.
Provide any evidence that isolated incidents in Baltimore are becoming "frequent occurance in this country".

Old 09-14-2012, 12:54 PM

799 posts, read 1,094,783 times
I'm stating once again, which may go ignored once again, that I'm talking about the racism of the Society of America as the institution and corporation. We know that no matter what a black man/woman ain't **** in America. This society is not meant for us to, shown in the Constitution and every other document produced by the people who so called "founded" but actually destroyed this land/country. This "justice" system is not designed for justice for black people, I know this because I just experienced this yesterday, firsthand. Like I said racism is still alive its just being more refined and institutionalized then ever before. But I doubt many white people will even acknowledge this or even want to acknowledge this... Welcome to America

I'm stating once again, which may go ignored once again, that I'm talking about the racism of the Society of America as the institution and corporation. We know that no matter what a black man/woman ain't **** in America. This society is not meant for us to, shown in the Constitution and every other document produced by the people who so called "founded" but actually destroyed this land/country. This "justice" system is not designed for justice for black people, I know this because I just experienced this yesterday, firsthand. Like I said racism is still alive its just being more refined and institutionalized then ever before. But I doubt many white people will even acknowledge this or even want to acknowledge this... Welcome to America

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies