Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 09:35 PM

78,728 posts, read 60,928,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
LMAO! Jail? Naw, the library actually
What, busy writing a hate speech?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiecuando View Post
This whole story made me cynical from the beginning, and it still stinks. Now apparently, zimmerman is trying to discredit Trayvon as "defense". Please! Being emotional doesn't make me wrong, it just means that there is too much information to cognitively process at once. When you compare how fishy his 'defense' is with history of racism in this country, you can help but be cynical.

Admittedly there is a lot I do not know. That cuts both ways, so when I hear people presume Trayvon assaulted zimmerman, that kind of arrogance makes me mad. I think that's the idea. His defenders don't want us to think.
The core problem is the Stand your ground laws.

There are VASTLY worse cases than the trayvon martin in terms of injustice. This guy was shot dead and no contact was ever made and well.....it's just sad and horrible.

http://www.chicagonewsreport.com/201...aims-self.html

Old 09-14-2012, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Really guy??? To answer your question I'm just gonna say the universal saying for the hate of authority "Fukc The Police"
A huge percentage of police in urban areas are minority. Why are you self-hating?

Old 09-14-2012, 11:32 PM

40 posts, read 41,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The core problem is the Stand your ground laws.

There are VASTLY worse cases than the trayvon martin in terms of injustice. This guy was shot dead and no contact was ever made and well.....it's just sad and horrible.

Daniel Adkins' killer claims self-defense: Unarmed man shot, killed outside Arizona Taco Bell - Chicago News Report | Chicago News Blogs | Chicago Crime | News Blotter
How are stand your ground laws a problem, let alone "the" problem?

Old 09-15-2012, 03:25 AM

2,314 posts, read 4,807,669 times
There is no similarities between Emmett Till and Trayvon at all.

This is insulting to the Till family and offensive to many people.

Is Trayvon's death tragic? Yes. Is it comparable? Only if you want attention.

Old 09-15-2012, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiecuando View Post
How are stand your ground laws a problem, let alone "the" problem?
Many are written EXTREMELY loosely.

This has allowed some very *bad* people to essentially get away with murder, or at least manslaughter.

Read up on Daniel Adkins for starters.

There are worse cases, like a guy that go beat up at a party, came back with a gun....started up with the first guy and then....gunned him down. Yep, that's some sweet SYG laws.

I support SYG laws but realize, most politicians are morons and some states have written the laws so vaugely that you can actually be legally murdered under them.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:44 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,704,544 times
Quote:
US police brutalize, terrorize African-Americans - YouTube

Please take a look at this video, like I said I'm talking about the "Justice System" of America and how it continues to be racist to this very day. I'm telling you all race relations have not improved in this country, it has gotten more covert and subtle. I'm not saying I hate white people because most are ignorant to what's going on just as well as the average black man is. What I'm saying to you all though is that the problem is here and should not be ignored. I posted a report called No More Trayvon's (link provided) that details how blacks have been killed or executed without just trial by police officers and other "law enforcement agencies."

http://hiphopandpolitics.files.wordp...ery40hours.pdf
Next time you go off on a goofy race tangent, remember Channon and Christopher.

Old 09-15-2012, 11:46 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,671,548 times
David Duke is a hero in Russia

Old 09-18-2012, 03:04 PM

40 posts, read 41,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Many are written EXTREMELY loosely.

This has allowed some very *bad* people to essentially get away with murder, or at least manslaughter.

Read up on Daniel Adkins for starters.

There are worse cases, like a guy that go beat up at a party, came back with a gun....started up with the first guy and then....gunned him down. Yep, that's some sweet SYG laws.

I support SYG laws but realize, most politicians are morons and some states have written the laws so vaugely that you can actually be legally murdered under them.
Okay, well I agree with the spirit of what you're saying. These situations are kind of "vague and extremely loose", extremely subjective. I really wish that some people would understand: Whether it is a shooting, or financial accounting, "bad people" do what they want regardless.

Old 10-20-2012, 08:43 PM

1 posts, read 861 times
First off, about immigrants, they weren't dragged to this country in chains to suffer 250 years of persecution and then an additional 100 years of 2nd class citizenship. There is a mental bondage amongst black Americans created by this history. Racism is too engrained in peoples minds...it is just more passive at this point. It is Psychological. The issue is, when people see black, they see still see inferiority and danger. That is what makes this case similar to Emmett Till. You cannot compare the african-american struggle to the immigrant struggle, it is unfair. Its not only a social problem, it's psychological when you try to examine we we are not performing in society.

Yes, the gun laws are a problem, but how blacks are still perceived is still a bigger problem. Had that been a young white male or asian male, I am quite sure no one would be dead, or in jail. It IS most definitely without a doubt a racial problem.

To the people that say "blacks kill blacks everyday". Yes you're right we do, but does this make killing a black male OK? We are ALL Americans, it should be a national tragedy when anyone dies through this kind of violence. But here is one thing to ponder, when a black kills another black or any other race, the criminal most of the time gets prosecuted with the harshest punishment., but when another race kills us, no one gives a crap unless it is blatantly obvious. There shouldn't have to be nationwide protests just to get a proper legal perspective on someones death. if you find yourself in the unfortunate position of being on the side of a gun that has happened to kill someone, i feel you should stand trial no matter the circumstance.

Have any of you ever thought deep enough about the reasoning as to why "ghettos" are how they are? I refuse to believe I come from a community of hoodlums. Look at our history, we just got equal rights in this country less than 50 years ago. Think of the Psychological issues that has created for the african-american and for whites. Look at this countries social policies; look at the how the crack epidemic ravaged our communities less than 20 years ago. If the GZ is found not guilty, and there are riots, I will understand why. it is community that knows that we are still in bondage, but we cannot articulate why. This is a fire that America created through history, social policies, and psychologically.

I am more than willing to have a respectful open dialogue on race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies