Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 11:40 AM

799 posts, read 1,094,576 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
What, busy writing a hate speech?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
A huge percentage of police in urban areas are minority. Why are you self-hating?
You seem to have something in your heart against "HoodsofATL", don't get so emotional.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly/LA View Post
First off, about immigrants, they weren't dragged to this country in chains to suffer 250 years of persecution and then an additional 100 years of 2nd class citizenship. There is a mental bondage amongst black Americans created by this history. Racism is too engrained in peoples minds...it is just more passive at this point. It is Psychological. The issue is, when people see black, they see still see inferiority and danger. That is what makes this case similar to Emmett Till. You cannot compare the african-american struggle to the immigrant struggle, it is unfair. Its not only a social problem, it's psychological when you try to examine we we are not performing in society.

Yes, the gun laws are a problem, but how blacks are still perceived is still a bigger problem. Had that been a young white male or asian male, I am quite sure no one would be dead, or in jail. It IS most definitely without a doubt a racial problem.

To the people that say "blacks kill blacks everyday". Yes you're right we do, but does this make killing a black male OK? We are ALL Americans, it should be a national tragedy when anyone dies through this kind of violence. But here is one thing to ponder, when a black kills another black or any other race, the criminal most of the time gets prosecuted with the harshest punishment., but when another race kills us, no one gives a crap unless it is blatantly obvious. There shouldn't have to be nationwide protests just to get a proper legal perspective on someones death. if you find yourself in the unfortunate position of being on the side of a gun that has happened to kill someone, i feel you should stand trial no matter the circumstance.

Have any of you ever thought deep enough about the reasoning as to why "ghettos" are how they are? I refuse to believe I come from a community of hoodlums. Look at our history, we just got equal rights in this country less than 50 years ago. Think of the Psychological issues that has created for the african-american and for whites. Look at this countries social policies; look at the how the crack epidemic ravaged our communities less than 20 years ago. If the GZ is found not guilty, and there are riots, I will understand why. it is community that knows that we are still in bondage, but we cannot articulate why. This is a fire that America created through history, social policies, and psychologically.

I am more than willing to have a respectful open dialogue on race.
You see, they don't understand that, you can see how they treat President Obama, differ then any other POTUS. And yes we can have an open dialogue about race on this thread since that's all its ever been. I agree with your post 100%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2012, 11:47 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,883,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly/LA View Post
There shouldn't have to be nationwide protests just to get a proper legal perspective on someones death. if you find yourself in the unfortunate position of being on the side of a gun that has happened to kill someone, i feel you should stand trial no matter the circumstance.

So you believe cases of obvious self-defense should still be tried?

Old 10-29-2012, 11:51 AM

799 posts, read 1,094,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
So you believe cases of obvious self-defense should still be tried?
Point out the obvious cause for 'self-defense' in this case

Old 10-29-2012, 12:05 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,883,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
Point out the obvious cause for 'self-defense' in this case
I did not say it applied in this case.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:34 AM

578 posts, read 962,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
Understand that I am not making this thread for the reason of creating a race-based thread for argumentive purposes but to show the understanding of race in America and the justice system.

Today in America, race relations are more tense than ever, and even more so subtle. The thing is look at how the justice system is treating the case of Trayvon Martin, from start to present and look at the Emmett Till Case from start to finish and how the similarities are blatant.

What I'm saying is that history is repeating itself in front of our very eyes. Now for a second don't look at race in this situation and look at humanity, this grown man shot a child and was not arrested.... Hopefully we see the bigger picture in its entirety and stop giving in...

Peace and love to all. RIP Trayvon
I don't think that Emmet Till and Trayvon Martin can or should be compared to each other. Different stories and cases and different eras and time periods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies