Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 02:49 PM

799 posts, read 1,090,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I don't see a problem with race relations in America. I see a problem with people who constantly use race as a scapegoat to blame something for their failure to succeed in life.
You don't see it because you're not subjected to the silent oppression, and this kid's life was taken from him, because he was a young black male walking around a neighborhood with a hoodie on... but you're talking about the issue at hand I'm talking about the justice system in America as well as race relations and the obvious similarities from yesterday's America and today's America, take the topic you presented to another thread if you don't mind.

Peace and Love, Lucky
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 02:51 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,681,809 times
Not true. A young adult with an aggressive attitude criminally assaulted a local resident in the community. When a person commits a criminal act, it is like setting a mouse trap. Sometimes the aggresser gets away, sometimes the aggresser snaps the trap. Now both parties wish they had stayed home that day. Although people cannot prevent being the victum of crimes, the criminal can decide to back off.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:52 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,360,608 times
From what I understand, Trayvon Martin came from a solidly middle class family.

His parents weren't unemployed losers. The boy was playing with the dark side.

Did he deserve to be shot dead? No. Is Zimmerman likely guilty? Yes.

But that kid was definitely playing with fire.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:53 PM

37,607 posts, read 21,786,598 times
Quote:
Then why didn't you simply resurrect one of the existing Trayvon threads?
Cuz he thinks he just had an earth shattering epiphany and it rated a brand new thread.

There is no similarity between Trayvon's death and that of Till.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:55 PM

37,607 posts, read 21,786,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
You don't see it because you're not subjected to the silent oppression, and this kid's life was taken from him, because he was a young black male walking around a neighborhood with a hoodie on... but you're talking about the issue at hand I'm talking about the justice system in America as well as race relations and the obvious similarities from yesterday's America and today's America, take the topic you presented to another thread if you don't mind.

Peace and Love, Lucky
Yeah, that's what happened. Trayvon was just walking thru a neighborhood and was shot for no other reason then he was a black man wearing a hoodie.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
did emmett till bash someone's head against the pavement before he was shot?
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post

apparent injuries?
How do you know that that is Zimmerman? I don't see where the open wound that the blood is coming from

Quote:
In 2012, if you're still complaining about "race relations" in the United States, when a fresh off the boat immigrant can move to the USA with nothing, and own a store, buy a house, and in one generation move into the middle and upper class of society, time to find a mirror so you can see where the problem begins and ends.

It's not the 1940's or 1950's. Emmitt Till has zero to do with Trayvon Martin. The two cases are in no way similar.
I've looked in the mirror and seen a young black man, and notice that's where the problem begins, because I am black I have the stigma that I am either a) violent or b) angry and violent. George Zimmerman was not even apprehended during the investigation and then he walked out on bail in a murder trial... you don't see the similarities because you choose not to. Trayvon was young, black, male, and murdered at night, Emmett was young, black, male and murdered at night both murderers were white men who claim defense in some way or for some reason. Similarities shown

Old 09-05-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
Not true. A young adult with an aggressive attitude criminally assaulted a local resident in the community. When a person commits a criminal act, it is like setting a mouse trap. Sometimes the aggresser gets away, sometimes the aggresser snaps the trap. Now both parties wish they had stayed home that day. Although people cannot prevent being the victum of crimes, the criminal can decide to back off.
The "criminal" who like I said is young and black decided to run and was pursued by the actual criminal and murdered.. Put it like this if Trayvon was a white kid and Zimmerman was black, you and I both know that the outcome and how this is being played out would be totally different

Quote:
From what I understand, Trayvon Martin came from a solidly middle class family.

His parents weren't unemployed losers. The boy was playing with the dark side.

Did he deserve to be shot dead? No. Is Zimmerman likely guilty? Yes.

But that kid was definitely playing with fire.
Do your research on Emmett Till

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Cuz he thinks he just had an earth shattering epiphany and it rated a brand new thread.

There is no similarity between Trayvon's death and that of Till.
You don't see the bigger picture I ask you to do your research on both incidents and tell you cannot see similarities in the cases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Yeah, that's what happened. Trayvon was just walking thru a neighborhood and was shot for no other reason then he was a black man wearing a hoodie.
Than you tell me why the kid was shot, because I gave my reasons you haven't but rather mock me because you can't seem to bring a just cause...

Old 09-05-2012, 03:08 PM

77,726 posts, read 59,889,067 times
Quote:
Understand that I am not making this thread for the reason of creating a race-based thread for argumentive purposes but to show the understanding of race in America and the justice system.

Today in America, race relations are more tense than ever, and even more so subtle. The thing is look at how the justice system is treating the case of Trayvon Martin, from start to present and look at the Emmett Till Case from start to finish and how the similarities are blatant.

What I'm saying is that history is repeating itself in front of our very eyes. Now for a second don't look at race in this situation and look at humanity, this grown man shot a child and was not arrested.... Hopefully we see the bigger picture in its entirety and stop giving in...

Peace and love to all. RIP Trayvon
You can keep trying to make it about race but it's really more about the badly written SYG laws.

Did you know that the black man that shot Daniel Adkins in Arizona despite no contact being made between them whatsoever, has never ever been charged?

I personally felt that Zimmerman should have been arrested all along.

This is no Emmett Till case. Just a failed mall cop playing bigman.

Although truth be told, there is a modest chance that Zimmerman will be found not guilty and the ensuing riots will make the TM supporters look like idiots....not civil rights pioneers.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:12 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,360,608 times
Quote:
Do your research on Emmett Till
I have a pretty good understanding of what the circumstances were surrounding the lynching of Emmitt Till.

Trayvon Martin has nothing to do with Emmitt Till.

You're trying to draw a parallel between two completely different occurrences.

The only thing they have in common is that they are both dead.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:14 PM

52,219 posts, read 33,951,535 times
Quote:
How do you know that that is Zimmerman? I don't see where the open wound that the blood is coming from
apparently you haven't even attempted to keep up with the facts of this case.

Quote:
A medical report compiled by the family physician of Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman and obtained exclusively by ABC News found that Zimmerman was diagnosed with a "closed fracture" of his nose, a pair of black eyes, two lacerations to the back of his head and a minor back injury the day after he fatally shot Martin during an alleged altercation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies