Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 03:46 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,515,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
You have alot to read and research before you come to me about what happened to Emmett Till, you forget that these are my ancestors and relatives that tell me about this.

Uh Huh....Ok..
Like I said, Emmett Till is apart of Black History studies taught in every Urban School from 3rd grade on. Absolutely no comparison. But if thats what you chose to believe, then continue to go with it. If you weren't trying to start a race thread, WHY would you chose one of the Worst crimes perpetrated against a black person in the last 100 years to compare against what occured with Treyvon? There is no comparison, just an inflamed thread that completely missed the mark.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 03:47 PM

799 posts, read 1,090,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how did you ever reach adulthood without once cutting or injuring yourself to the point of bleeding?

wait... you're kidding, right?
Stay on topic please, and BTW it does look fake

Old 09-05-2012, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Bricks View Post
That's exactly what you're doing. You're a clown, to compare what happend to Emmit Till to what happend to Trayvon Martin is beyond idiotic.

Exactly...Typically things on this board don't offend me. This thread does. smdh

Old 09-05-2012, 03:48 PM

52,212 posts, read 33,980,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Uh Huh....Ok..
Like I said, Emmett Till is apart of Black History studies taught in every Urban School from 3rd grade on. Absolutely no comparison. But if thats what you chose to believe, then continue to go with it. If you weren't trying to start a race thread, WHY would you chose one of the Worst crimes perpetrated against a black person in the last 100 years to compare against what occured with Treyvon? There is no comparison, just an inflamed thread that completely missed the mark.
there really is no comparison. to try to force one is just.. goofy? ludicrous?
something like that.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:48 PM

20,102 posts, read 16,036,981 times
Quote:
I've looked in the mirror and seen a young black man, and notice that's where the problem begins, because I am black I have the stigma that I am either a) violent or b) angry and violent.
What one of my brothers would see is an hospital administrator, a lawyer, a fireman, a delivery driver, or a social worker. They are kind, gentle, intelligent men who are defined more by who they are on the inside instead of what is on the outside. The stigma is to a degree born from within. You can either chose to embrace the best of yourself or adopt the lesser being that can be seen in the shallow view of idiots. You do not ever have to be a self-fulfilling prophecy of others' portrait of black men.
Quote:
Trayvon was young, black, male, and murdered at night, Emmett was young, black, male and murdered at night both murderers were white men who claim defense in some way or for some reason. Similarities shown
Just like way too many killings, are you saying they are all like Emmett Till? There are also plenty of examples where the races are switched.

The Trayvon Martin case is one of two people who made very poor choices and one suffered mortal consequences. It wasn't murder but the guy still shouldn't have been able to walk away. I feel very sorry for Trayvon's family, their pain must be incredible and I think Florida needs to take a more careful look at its laws. But this was not about race. In this case, I honestly believe, had Trayvon been white the idiot still would have killed him. We just wouldn't have heard about it on the national news.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:50 PM

52,212 posts, read 33,980,412 times
Quote:
Stay on topic please, and BTW it does look fake
so me talking about whether these wounds are real or not is off-topic, but you claiming they look fake is not?

btw, you forgot to address this one:

Quote:
who, then?

what or who is your source for the facts of this case, since you 'won't listen to any major news organization' ?

Old 09-05-2012, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
there really is no comparison. to try to force one is just.. goofy? ludicrous?
something like that.

Those animals tortured that child before they finally killed him then continued to mutilate his body. The Sherriff department in that case were corrupt, the jury was corrupt, the media was corrupt. We have come a long way since then. But to use Emmett Till to try and make a point, disgusting.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:55 PM

799 posts, read 1,090,972 times
Quote:
Uh Huh....Ok..
Understand this, there are a slew of undocumented and unknown Emmett Till cases, I wholeheartedly believe this. Now Emmett was brutalized, I understand that the severity of Trayvon was nowhere near the same as Emmett's killing but you're missing what the point is I'm telling you that the justice system treated these two cases the same only in a modern-day manner did they do the same with Trayvon's killer as they did with Emmett's killers, acknowledge that this is my argument that racism is still alive in the Justice system of America, not who had the more brutal death

Old 09-05-2012, 03:57 PM

77,798 posts, read 59,953,151 times
Well, for someone that wanted to open a discussion.....you sure don't seem to want to discuss the Daniel Adkins case.

Old 09-05-2012, 04:02 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,151,291 times
Quote:
Those animals tortured that child before they finally killed him then continued to mutilate his body. The Sherriff department in that case were corrupt, the jury was corrupt, the media was corrupt. We have come a long way since then. But to use Emmett Till to try and make a point, disgusting.
I need to agree with you completely. Comparing the two cases is like comparing 911 to the shoe bomber.
Trayvon was wrongly killed by a single idiot. The police follow up was weak but in the end it is being pursued.
In Emmett's case a nation is shamed. The deed carried out by a number of racist garbage people and then futher insult the justice system corrupt and broken facilitated the butchers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies