Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-05-2012, 03:12 PM
 
Location: My beloved Bluegrass
20,126 posts, read 16,153,979 times
Reputation: 28335

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I need to agree with you completely. Comparing the two cases is like comparing 911 to the shoe bomber.
Trayvon was wrongly killed by a single idiot. The police follow up was weak but in the end it is being pursued.
In Emmett's case a nation is shamed. The deed carried out by a number of racist garbage people and then futher insult the justice system corrupt and broken facilitated the butchers.
Good analogy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-05-2012, 03:14 PM
 
799 posts, read 1,094,783 times
Reputation: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
What one of my brothers would see is an hospital administrator, a lawyer, a fireman, a delivery driver, or a social worker. They are kind, gentle, intelligent men who are defined more by who they are on the inside instead of what is on the outside. The stigma is to a degree born from within. You can either chose to embrace the best of yourself or adopt the lesser being that can be seen in the shallow view of idiots. You do not ever have to be a self-fulfilling prophecy of others' portrait of black men.
Just like way too many killings, are you saying they are all like Emmett Till? There are also plenty of examples where the races are switched.

The Trayvon Martin case is one of two people who made very poor choices and one suffered mortal consequences. It wasn't murder but the guy still shouldn't have been able to walk away. I feel very sorry for Trayvon's family, their pain must be incredible and I think Florida needs to take a more careful look at its laws. But this was not about race. In this case, I honestly believe, had Trayvon been white the idiot still would have killed him. We just wouldn't have heard about it on the national news.
I never said or identified myself as a black hopeless but this is off topic, sadly. I'm saying how the Justice System is corrupt and racist towards black males and how we keep a blind eye to it or pretend like that's not true. Just pm me on that topic though and we'll discuss it

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Those animals tortured that child before they finally killed him then continued to mutilate his body. The Sherriff department in that case were corrupt, the jury was corrupt, the media was corrupt. We have come a long way since then. But to use Emmett Till to try and make a point, disgusting.
Like I said I'm discussing the Justice System and how history is repeating itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Well, for someone that wanted to open a discussion.....you sure don't seem to want to discuss the Daniel Adkins case.
The truth is strange but pm me and we can discuss this, honestly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 03:18 PM
 
799 posts, read 1,094,783 times
Reputation: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I need to agree with you completely. Comparing the two cases is like comparing 911 to the shoe bomber.
Trayvon was wrongly killed by a single idiot. The police follow up was weak but in the end it is being pursued.
In Emmett's case a nation is shamed. The deed carried out by a number of racist garbage people and then futher insult the justice system corrupt and broken facilitated the butchers.
"Don't hate the players, hate the game" that quote is what I mean by the "Justice System of America" look at the game that the Justice system is playing on it's citizens, black and white, but mainly black for obvious reasons, I'm also replying to Mathguy with this response
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 03:19 PM
 
78,371 posts, read 60,566,039 times
Reputation: 49651
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
The truth is strange but pm me and we can discuss this, honestly
Nah, you need to read the links I provided and then comment on the Daniel Adkins case. Why the heck would I want to PM you when this is um....a discusssion forum and Adkins is completely on topic especially when USA today and other media sources have pointed to the similarities and the SYG laws involved..

It is completely parallel to the TM case, happened at the same time and under even more blatant circumstances. The black shooter gunned down the mentally handicapped man from the safety of his car, no contact was made whatsoever and the shooter claimed the guy had a pipe but none was found at the scene.

He was never charged.

Seriously dude, first you don't want to discuss it, then you just want to PM about it......sorry but you cannot hide from Daniel Adkins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 03:29 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
I don't see a problem with race relations in America. I see a problem with people who constantly use race as a scapegoat to blame something for their failure to succeed in life.
Trayvon's murder has nothing to do with my level of success in this society; what it does indicate is the sad fact that black life is still not valued by this society.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 03:31 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
From what I understand, Trayvon Martin came from a solidly middle class family.

His parents weren't unemployed losers. The boy was playing with the dark side.

Did he deserve to be shot dead? No. Is Zimmerman likely guilty? Yes.

But that kid was definitely playing with fire.
Because he was walking around in a hoodie with Skittles and ice tea at 7 p.m. in a neighborhood where he had family?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 03:32 PM
 
799 posts, read 1,094,783 times
Reputation: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Nah, you need to read the links I provided and then comment on the Daniel Adkins case. Why the heck would I want to PM you when this is um....a discusssion forum and Adkins is completely on topic especially when USA today and other media sources have pointed to the similarities and the SYG laws involved..

It is completely parallel to the TM case, happened at the same time and under even more blatant circumstances. The black shooter gunned down the mentally handicapped man from the safety of his car, no contact was made whatsoever and the shooter claimed the guy had a pipe but none was found at the scene.

He was never charged.

Seriously dude, first you don't want to discuss it, then you just want to PM about it......sorry but you cannot hide from Daniel Adkins.
Oh I'm not hiding, it's just alot of replies to this one topic and Daniel Adkins will open up a whole new can, but hey I hear you.

Well put it like this, the government employs people into the CIA, FBI, DEA etc. for reasons just like this, so people like you and I will miss the bigger picture, The Willie Lynch letter is directed towards blacks but applies to the masses as a whole. This seems to be orchestrated along with Zimmerman to create mass hysteria and upheaval, but in a divided mass, if you get what I'm saying. The shooters in both these cases is what I consider government covert agents. And their plan seems to be working in full effect, to neutralize the mass, and especially black people. This is why I asked you to pm me because this is a vastly different topic, but its part of the bigger picture. All in all, I respect fairness, but this is a topic that will send this thread to a whole different direction
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 03:35 PM
 
799 posts, read 1,094,783 times
Reputation: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Because he was walking around in a hoodie with Skittles and ice tea at 7 p.m. in a neighborhood where he had family?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Trayvon's murder has nothing to do with my level of success in this society; what it does indicate is the sad fact that black life is still not valued by this society.
You're speaking truth man, but let's stay on topic if you don't mind, about the "Justice System" in America

Peace and Love, Lucario
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 03:36 PM
 
Location: deafened by howls of 'racism!!!'
52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Reputation: 29285
Quote:
The shooters in both these cases is what I consider government covert agents.
tinfoil time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 03:36 PM
 
Location: Center of the universe
24,645 posts, read 38,644,789 times
Reputation: 11780
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Of course I am outraged. For ever youth killed is a wasted life that could have made a difference. I am outraged by an attitude that this is just how it is.
How do the weapons get in the hood? The gangbangers import them to the hood. The same is true of the drugs.
What gangbangers? Blacks don't own planes or have international connections. It's not the gangbangers who import anything anywhere?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:48 AM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top