Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-05-2012, 06:55 PM
 
78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Reputation: 49628

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
Oh I'm not hiding, it's just alot of replies to this one topic and Daniel Adkins will open up a whole new can, but hey I hear you.

Well put it like this, the government employs people into the CIA, FBI, DEA etc. for reasons just like this, so people like you and I will miss the bigger picture, The Willie Lynch letter is directed towards blacks but applies to the masses as a whole. This seems to be orchestrated along with Zimmerman to create mass hysteria and upheaval, but in a divided mass, if you get what I'm saying. The shooters in both these cases is what I consider government covert agents. And their plan seems to be working in full effect, to neutralize the mass, and especially black people. This is why I asked you to pm me because this is a vastly different topic, but its part of the bigger picture. All in all, I respect fairness, but this is a topic that will send this thread to a whole different direction
Ah, so the Obama administration had TM shot for political purposes?

Daniel Adkins is solid proof that the problem lies with SYG laws and local prosecutors fear of angering groups like the NRA.

If you are afraid of the shift in the thread, start a new thread.

Seems like you have a lot of stray thoughts that you don't want to logically discuss which makes this whole thread a sham.

Again, you REFUSE to discuss Daniel Adkins while claiming the shooting is racially motivated. I will drag you to this point kicking and screaming eventually. lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-05-2012, 07:00 PM
 
31,387 posts, read 37,032,019 times
Reputation: 15038
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
Today in America, race relations are more tense than ever, and even more so subtle. The thing is look at how the justice system is treating the case of Trayvon Martin, from start to present and look at the Emmett Till Case from start to finish and how the similarities are blatant.
I grew up in the South.

I lived under Jim Crow.

I know what it like to be violently attacked for "perceived" misbehavior with a white women.

Your premise is utter nonsense.

If you think that "racial tensions" are anywhere remotely similar to what they were in the 1950's, 60's or even the 1970's you are seriously misinformed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 07:23 PM
 
1,512 posts, read 1,821,768 times
Reputation: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
I've looked in the mirror and seen a young black man, and notice that's where the problem begins, because I am black I have the stigma that I am either a) violent or b) angry and violent.
Or shiftless, or promiscuous, or incompetent. You know the problem, and you know that America will not give you a fair shot. What are you doing to overcome? What did Barack Obama do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Go back and look at the pictures of Emmett and let me know if you still feel that way.
For a person whom is only recently coming to understand the extent of the corruption against African-Americans, the betrayal may seem comparable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
...the Justice System is corrupt and racist towards black males and how we keep a blind eye to it or pretend like that's not true.
All of America is racist. Adapt and overcome; reputation is everything.

Last edited by The Homogenizer; 09-05-2012 at 08:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 07:28 PM
 
799 posts, read 1,094,370 times
Reputation: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
Trayvon Martin is more Rodney King than Emmitt Till.

By the way, who is this generation's Nicole Brown Simpson and Ronald Doldman? I say Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom. I wonder why the media didn't blow that story up like they blew up Lil' Tray's incident.
Why does it have to start with the media, you can start it if you feel so strongly about it, I bring up Trayvon because him and I are in the same generation and of the same group, that's why I feel so strongly about it, because the black youth of today is misguided and misrepresented as well as mis-educated purposely. And Trayvon was not beaten by the police and he's not living, to me he's more Emmett Till

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Ah, so the Obama administration had TM shot for political purposes?

Daniel Adkins is solid proof that the problem lies with SYG laws and local prosecutors fear of angering groups like the NRA.

If you are afraid of the shift in the thread, start a new thread.

Seems like you have a lot of stray thoughts that you don't want to logically discuss which makes this whole thread a sham.

Again, you REFUSE to discuss Daniel Adkins while claiming the shooting is racially motivated. I will drag you to this point kicking and screaming eventually. lol.
No, the Executive branch had Daniel Adkins shot for racial and mental reasons, to keep us divided but show me why you think it is racial since you feel so strongly about it

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I grew up in the South.

I lived under Jim Crow.

I know what it like to be violently attacked for "perceived" misbehavior with a white women.

Your premise is utter nonsense.

If you think that "racial tensions" are anywhere remotely similar to what they were in the 1950's, 60's or even the 1970's you are seriously misinformed.
Are you sure about that, rather than showing racism physically, they do it mentally and in my opinion that's even worse because it's subtle and less detected if it's not seen with unveiled, where as the 1970's and back are more physical. I respect you and what you've been through, but you seem to think that the fight is over and was won or something of that nature, and that's the worse thought to have now, out of all time
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 07:34 PM
 
799 posts, read 1,094,370 times
Reputation: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Homogenizer View Post
Or shiftless, or promiscuous, or incompetent. You know the problem, and you know that America will not give you a fair shot. What are you doing to overcome? What did Barack Obama do?



For a person whom is only recently coming to understand the extent of the corruption against African-Americans, the betrayal may seem comparable.



All of America is racist. Overcome and adapt; reputation is everything.
I honestly appreciate you for knowing and identifying reality. I am re-educating myself so I can re-educate my people, but tell me the reasoning for saying reputation is everything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 07:36 PM
 
Location: Area 51.5
13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Reputation: 9174
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
I bring up Trayvon because him and I are in the same generation and of the same group, that's why I feel so strongly about it, because the black youth of today is misguided and misrepresented as well as mis-educated purposely.
I have no clue what 'mis-educated' means, but clearly, your English teacher failed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 07:40 PM
 
799 posts, read 1,094,370 times
Reputation: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I have no clue what 'mis-educated' means, but clearly, your English teacher failed.
So since I make a mistake, in the heat of the moment I'm mis-educated? C'mon Dale, you can bring another argument up that's actually relevant

Peace to you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 07:45 PM
 
1,512 posts, read 1,821,768 times
Reputation: 584
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
I honestly appreciate you for knowing and identifying reality. I am re-educating myself so I can re-educate my people, but tell me the reasoning for saying reputation is everything?
I hate that phrase, "I appreciate you."

I think the reputation comment is self explanatory. Think about the fact that Trayvon's family released a picture of him looking young and innocent; the other side found a picture of him looking like he was about to rob a liquor store.

Why must you re-educate your people? Are you being compensated for doing so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 07:46 PM
 
Location: New Jersey
12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Reputation: 13169
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
how did you ever reach adulthood without once cutting or injuring yourself to the point of bleeding?

wait... you're kidding, right?
No, I'm not kidding.

Sure, at the first cut, the blood is red. After a few minutes, it becomes a reddish-brown color, certainly NOT the color shown in that photo. If that is an 'evidence' photo, the bleeding would be dark and clotted; drying. Looks fake to me.

BTW, I'm a woman, and have had three children; I've seen LOTS of blood and bleeding...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-05-2012, 08:16 PM
 
20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Reputation: 5948
Uh; under the racist "1 Drop Rule" Zimmerman would be "Black" too so that kills the "race card" at the get go. Sheesh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:41 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top