Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 09:15 PM

53,062 posts, read 34,880,737 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
No, I'm not kidding.

Sure, at the first cut, the blood is red. After a few minutes, it becomes a reddish-brown color, certainly NOT the color shown in that photo. If that is an 'evidence' photo, the bleeding would be dark and clotted; drying. Looks fake to me.

BTW, I'm a woman, and have had three children; I've seen LOTS of blood and bleeding...
This picture was taken 3 minutes after the shooting.

I'm not sure which clotting factors you expect to take affect in that time period
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 09:38 PM

20,135 posts, read 16,239,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
I've stated numerous times that I wish to discuss the "Justice System" of America and how its still racist, though the main argument is how Emmett's murder is no way like Trayvon's as far as brutality goes and how I have the audacity to even make such a comparison . Like I said I wish to debate on how the cases of the suspects are being treated moreso like the victims in the media at the time of both of the crimes.
No. Your title is Trayvon Martin Murder is the Modern Day Emmett Till Murder, and naturally people are astounded that anyone could compare the two with a straight face. Don't get me wrong, Trayvon Martin's death was a tragedy, the death of any child is a tragedy and to die violently is worse. But a 17 year-old teenager shot by a misguided idiot after they had been involved in a physical altercation is way different than a 14 year-old young teen kidnapped, beaten beyond recognition, shot, and dumped like trash in a river by a pack of thugs simply because he may have flirted with a white woman. Emmett Till was a clear cut murder because of race. There is a lot of gray area in Trayvon Martin's case. I, for one, believe Zimmerman would have shot a kid of any color in the same circumstance. The Till case is about a very broken justice system where some people were treated to be of more value than others based on the color of their skin. The Martin case is about a justice system trying to reconcile what it means to legitimately use deadly force to defend oneself given that the state has sanctioned it.

Sometimes bad things happen to people and it seems like justice has taken a vacation. It doesn't always mean it is about race. If you go around looking for discrimination you'll find it but try not to fall into that trap. Its tough way to live if you go around hating whole segments of society.

Old 09-05-2012, 09:43 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,680,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
This picture was taken 3 minutes after the shooting.

I'm not sure which clotting factors you expect to take affect in that time period
I don't believe that.

Where did you get that 'fact'?
Link?

Old 09-05-2012, 10:04 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,142,304 times
Quote:
Are you sure about that,
As my grandfather would have said, "Boy don't be asking such damned fool questions."

Quote:
they do it mentally and in my opinion that's even worse because it's subtle and less detected if it's not seen with unveiled, where as the 1970's and back are more physical.
Do you not think that being relegated to a state of class citizenship wasn't mental?

In the days of my militancy I was always dismissive of my grandfather's sense of joyful wonderment that when he went to the grocery store, or the bank that the clerks were "colored" people. I would ask myself, what is so damned wonderful about black folks having menial jobs until we sat down over the course of months to talk about his life from 1899 to shortly before his death in 1989. That's when I came to realize that a man who grew up on a small farm in northern Louisiana became the principle organizer of black railroad workers in 1929, and was referred to by black and white railway workers and managers as Mr. ___ had witnessed the remarkable progress of African Americans from its darkest days to the modern era. And when I think of what he would have thought about a black man being elected to the presidency, I shudder to think how amazed he would be today.

No, I don't for a second think that things are worse now. Not by a country mile.

(Despite the Maryland Farmers suffering the frustrations of their last days of privilege - wounded animals are always nastier, but they are still wounded)

Old 09-06-2012, 07:17 AM

78,809 posts, read 61,027,886 times
Quote:
No, the Executive branch had Daniel Adkins shot for racial and mental reasons, to keep us divided but show me why you think it is racial since you feel so strongly about it
Just in case anyone missed this....

Old 09-06-2012, 07:20 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,413,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
In 2012, if you're still complaining about "race relations" in the United States, when a fresh off the boat immigrant can move to the USA with nothing, and own a store, buy a house, and in one generation move into the middle and upper class of society, time to find a mirror so you can see where the problem begins and ends.

It's not the 1940's or 1950's. Emmitt Till has zero to do with Trayvon Martin. The two cases are in no way similar.
While I agree with you that the two cases aren't similar and I wish black people would stop trying to make them appear so....there's a reason that fresh off the boat immigrants can come over here, get a lot of stuff and then live better than most Americans.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:22 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,710,708 times
Quote:
I don't believe that.

Link?
It doesn't matter one whit whether or not you believe it. It's the truth. Do your own research.

jeez!

Old 09-06-2012, 07:25 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,942,553 times
Back when I was single I was turned down when I asked a black gal for a date. The exchange went something like this:

Me: Wacha doin' tonight, sweetie?
Sweetie: Nuttin' with you.
Me: Why? Because I'm white?
Sweetie: No, because you are ugly.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:30 AM

53,062 posts, read 34,880,737 times
Quote:
I don't believe that.

Link?
here ya go. i doubt any level of evidence, or any number of 'facts' will convince you, however

Quote:
ABC News exclusively obtained a graphic photograph of George Zimmerman’s head covered in blood that was taken just three minutes after the shooting that left 17-year-old Trayvon Martin dead

GPS and other data embedded in the photo shows it was taken at the scene with an iPhone just three minutes after the shooting, according to ABC News.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:40 AM

6,391 posts, read 5,180,373 times
Quote:
Understand that I am not making this thread for the reason of creating a race-based thread for argumentive purposes but to show the understanding of race in America and the justice system.

Today in America, race relations are more tense than ever, and even more so subtle. The thing is look at how the justice system is treating the case of Trayvon Martin, from start to present and look at the Emmett Till Case from start to finish and how the similarities are blatant.

What I'm saying is that history is repeating itself in front of our very eyes. Now for a second don't look at race in this situation and look at humanity, this grown man shot a child and was not arrested.... Hopefully we see the bigger picture in its entirety and stop giving in...

Peace and love to all. RIP Trayvon
What happened to Mr Till, is not even close to the Martin death. Mr. Till's murder was planned out and premeditated. Martin initiated combat and forced the issue.

Nice try rewriting history though. That grown man was in fact arrested, but will be found not guilty because the are trying him on 2nd degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies