Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 02:15 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoodsofATL View Post
The "criminal" who like I said is young and black decided to run and was pursued by the actual criminal and murdered.. Put it like this if Trayvon was a white kid and Zimmerman was black, you and I both know that the outcome and how this is being played out would be totally different
This happened within weeks of the TM shooting.

Stand-your-ground law key in slaying that mirrors Trayvon Martin case

I think that if you don't know about this and other SYG cases around the country that it's difficult to have an informed discussion about the TM case.

Last edited by Mathguy; 09-05-2012 at 02:24 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 02:18 PM

799 posts, read 1,095,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
You can keep trying to make it about race but it's really more about the badly written SYG laws.

Did you know that the black man that shot Daniel Adkins in Arizona despite no contact being made between them whatsoever, has never ever been charged?

I personally felt that Zimmerman should have been arrested all along.

This is no Emmett Till case. Just a failed mall cop playing bigman.

Although truth be told, there is a modest chance that Zimmerman will be found not guilty and the ensuing riots will make the TM supporters look like idiots....not civil rights pioneers.
Race-relations is the foundation of EVERYTHING in this nation, so everything ties back down to race, if you think I'm wrong look at drug laws, cities and their demographics with relations to crime and image, look at the prison incarceration rates, abortion rates, even the entertainment industries, especially what and who gets pushed by big labels, look at every news story, and the upcoming presidential elections. It all has to do with race and racism, whether its blatant or subtle or subtly blatant, it's alive and well. Now look at the justice system in America and tell me its not blatant

Old 09-05-2012, 02:20 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Race-relations is the foundation of EVERYTHING in this nation, so everything ties back down to race, if you think I'm wrong look at drug laws, cities and their demographics with relations to crime and image, look at the prison incarceration rates, abortion rates, even the entertainment industries, especially what and who gets pushed by big labels, look at every news story, and the upcoming presidential elections. It all has to do with race and racism, whether its blatant or subtle or subtly blatant, it's alive and well. Now look at the justice system in America and tell me its not blatant
As far as the government goes yes.

Race is a category that the government uses to keep tabs on citizens.

But that's only if you rely on the government, and not on yourself.

Time to change who you vote for.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:24 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
You don't see it because you're not subjected to the silent oppression, and this kid's life was taken from him, because he was a young black male walking around a neighborhood with a hoodie on... but you're talking about the issue at hand I'm talking about the justice system in America as well as race relations and the obvious similarities from yesterday's America and today's America, take the topic you presented to another thread if you don't mind.

Peace and Love, Lucky
Do you feel the same outrage when the crime is black on black? When the crime is 5 thugs riding around in a car and they decide to spray a few houses with 9mm bullets because someone in one of those houses wears a different color?
Do you feel the same outrage when a dozen thugs attack a white teen because the teen is white?
A lot of young black kids are killed for walking around in the wrong neighborhood for wearing a hoodie. The hoodie is the wrong color and he is gunned down for it. The people who live in said neighborhood will then pretend to not know any of the shooters. The question I pose is:
Is this an outrage because this time a white guy did it or because it was not an imediate guilty verdict before a trial?

Old 09-05-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
apparently you haven't even attempted to keep up with the facts of this case.
I most definitely will not listen to any major news organization concerning this case or any other for that matter, they have an agenda that must be kept up with, rather than give you the news forthright and from an unbiased approach

Old 09-05-2012, 02:26 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
I most definitely will not listen to any major news organization concerning this case or any other for that matter, they have an agenda that must be kept up with, rather than give you the news forthright and from an unbiased approach
lol. sorry to confuse you with facts.

who are you going to listen to, then? rev. al?

Old 09-05-2012, 02:27 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Understand that I am not making this thread for the reason of creating a race-based thread for argumentive purposes but to show the understanding of race in America and the justice system.

Today in America, race relations are more tense than ever, and even more so subtle. The thing is look at how the justice system is treating the case of Trayvon Martin, from start to present and look at the Emmett Till Case from start to finish and how the similarities are blatant.

What I'm saying is that history is repeating itself in front of our very eyes. Now for a second don't look at race in this situation and look at humanity, this grown man shot a child and was not arrested.... Hopefully we see the bigger picture in its entirety and stop giving in...

Peace and love to all. RIP Trayvon
No it's not.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Do you feel the same outrage when the crime is black on black? When the crime is 5 thugs riding around in a car and they decide to spray a few houses with 9mm bullets because someone in one of those houses wears a different color?
Do you feel the same outrage when a dozen thugs attack a white teen because the teen is white?
A lot of young black kids are killed for walking around in the wrong neighborhood for wearing a hoodie. The hoodie is the wrong color and he is gunned down for it. The people who live in said neighborhood will then pretend to not know any of the shooters. The question I pose is:
Is this an outrage because this time a white guy did it or because it was not an imediate guilty verdict before a trial?
Of course, I feel outraged but not for the same reason as in this case, but because of how we got to the conditions in the black community today in America, COINTELPRO along with other covert operations has their hands in just that. Tell me how the whole hood got their hands on more than 500 bottles of codiene and other psychotropic drugs yet only a few old people have a prescription for it.

Ask how did the guns and weapons get into the hood in the first place? And let me ask you one more question are you just as outraged as I am? You can send me a pm if you wish to answer these questions and continue this discussion

Peace & Love, tinman

Old 09-05-2012, 02:31 PM

78,416 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Quote:
Sorry bro but I agree with you about some of your post but then you went "full retard" by complaining that blacks don't get treated fairly in the entertainment industries.

Your comments are generalities and I'm pointing specifically to the Zimmerman case where his family clout and the fact that he had friends in the police force might have kept him from being initially charged. Zimmerman is also latino and in case you haven't noticed, they are discriminated against too.

The sad fact is that the ELECTED prosecutors are afraid of taking on the powerful NRA over SYG laws....which is why they didn't go after Daniel Adkins killer.

Old 09-05-2012, 02:33 PM

17,029 posts, read 30,925,220 times
I don't recall Emmet Till getting into a fight with anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies