Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2012, 05:56 PM

8,982 posts, read 10,462,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesternPilgrim View Post
In the end, what it all means that your side doesn't have an argument, and you'll say virtually anything to silence your adversaries. You fight the truth by bullying and intimidation because that's all you've got.
I do none of those things. I simply fight your lies with the truth.

I do, however, reserve the right to remind readers every so often that you want to throw me in jail just because I'm gay. That pretty much speaks for itself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2012, 06:06 PM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
It's not about same sex marriage,
It was a debate on marriage equality.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:08 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,454,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by filihok View Post
It was a debate on marriage equality.
Where he spoke yes. But that's still not the point of what he was saying.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:10 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
Funny how you people are more interested in psycho-analyzing the messenger than dealing with the actual message.
There's a message?

I don't consider misstated, out of context, and flat out misrepresentation as being worthy of a message other than derision.

Now post some solid numbers, stated in the context in which they were original produced and then we can discuss messages.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:14 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
Quote:
You don't say!
That poster is from the UK, so your "sics" didn't apply to all of those words... unless you think they should use Americanized spellings?

In regards to your OP, what does this have to do with same-sex marriage? As another poster already pointed out, you're basically saying you'd rather they be single & ready to mingle. Good plan!! Hehe. Oh, and I'm a smoker myself, who believes my habit is MUCH less healthy than being a homosexual. I have many gay friends & acquaintances, most of whom are 10x healthier than I am right now. Gawd, I really need to quit!

Last edited by gizmo980; 09-05-2012 at 06:48 PM..

Old 09-05-2012, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Here's more evidence for the record. You can't blame this on "homophobia": San Francisco leads in rising syphillis rates
Evidence schmevidence. Do you EVER use sources that aren't from a Catholic or Christian site? Until you do, this is like debating the color of eggs with Dr. Seuss as a source.

Try again, this time with a REAL source - perhaps you could check the CDC or NIH, to start? And while you're at it, please show us statistics on how many cases are from homosexuals specifically. In case you weren't aware, San Francisco also has one of the youngest and least-married populations in the US. Did you not realize straight people get STDs too?

Old 09-05-2012, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm sorry to bust liberals bubbles here but the life expectancy for homosexual males is shorter than it is for heterosexual males. Gay agenda proponents have been working hard to disprove this for nearly 20 years the best they've been able to do is to whine that the sample sizes are too small.
Who cares? I know the stats, but that doesn't mean diddly squat when it comes to letting them marry. Matter of fact, it actually makes a case FOR gay marriage... logic would state, they'd be less likely to practice promiscuity if they were allowed to commit legally.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:47 PM

46,953 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
... constantly forcing the same sex marriage issue as a panacea to all of gaydom's problems.
OK, fess up. Who told LuckyGem that same sex marriage was a panacea? Constantly, no less?

Old 09-05-2012, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
OK, fess up. Who told LuckyGem that same sex marriage was a panacea? Constantly, no less?
It was me... sorry 'bout that.

Mmmm, panacea sounds good right now - oh wait, maybe I'm thinking of Panera?

Old 09-05-2012, 06:57 PM

But seriously, I think we need to drop the extremes on both sides of this debate... so let's focus on the facts & realities instead, okay?

- Gay marriage won't turn straight people gay.
- Gay marriage won't cause the apocalypse.
- Gay marriage won't destroy every heterosexual relationship & family.
- Gay marriage won't cure OR cause more AIDs cases (possibly debatable, as it might decrease STD rates).
- Gay marriage won't solve the issues of bullying and discrimination/hate.
- The only result of legalizing gay marriage is that Gays will be allowed to marry. Period. Oh, and it might bring some money into the states.

One of my favorite images, which summarizes all of this pretty well: http://oolongiv.files.wordpress.com/...aymarriage.jpg

Last edited by gizmo980; 09-05-2012 at 07:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies