Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 10:18 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times

Advertisements

Wow! When Margaret Carlson writes that the progressives have gone way too far in their pro-choice stance, dialogue and politics, it is snowing in the midst of summer. So, for all of you, "It's my uterus. I'll do what I want, and no one can say it is wrong.", well this is a time for your epiphany about the lives you take.

From the article.

"Democrats, on the other hand, think that pregnancy is exclusively a woman’s business. And in the first trimester, at least, before viability kicks in, the Supreme Court’s Roe v. Wade ruling concurs. But over the years, Roe’s legal framework has been eroded by loopholes large enough for an eight-month- pregnant teenager to walk through. "

Carlson on How the Dems Lost Their Way on Abortion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 10:21 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Another abortion thread. Great.

Well i'm a Dem, and i most certainly think it's a women's issue and not really my business.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:22 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,811,333 times
"Margaret Carlson is a Bloomberg View columnist. The opinions expressed are her own" That says it all,....

Old 09-06-2012, 10:27 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Another abortion thread. Great.

Well i'm a Dem, and i most certainly think it's a women's issue and not really my business.
Nor is it the government's place to tell women how to control their own bodies. Sounds like the Cons love big government on social issues, telling people what they can and can't do.

Old 09-06-2012, 10:29 AM

3,345 posts, read 3,074,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Nor is it the government's place to tell women how to control their own bodies. Sounds like the Cons love big government on social issues, telling people what they can and can't do.
So that means the Democrats will stop regulating every other aspect of peoples lives then?

Old 09-06-2012, 10:48 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Just as the Republican party was co-opted by right wing religious nuts, the Dem party has been infiltrated by Rape, Abortion, and NO GOD or Israel nuts.

I guess that's why both parties are after the Independent vote. They apparently can think for themselves. Or at least try to act like it.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:02 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,934,013 times
Default DNC hypocrisy......

Last night I listened to the hypocrisy of Elizabeth "Fauxahontas" Warren quoting scripture. Specifically she selectively quoted part of Matthew 25:40 "....as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’"

Now, if the innocent human life in the womb isn't the least of us, meaning the most helpless and least able to help or defend itself, then who is? How can the pro-abortionists on either side of the aisle not recognize this? How can they, specifically in this case Elizabeth Warren as a DNC speaker, quote scripture and not recognize the hypocrisy of their own party platform which promotes using US taxpayer dollars to fund the killing of "the least of us" in the innocent human life growing in the womb?

Old 09-06-2012, 11:06 AM

13,285 posts, read 15,304,138 times
Default Religious hypocrisy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Last night I listened to the hypocrisy of Elizabeth "Fauxahontas" Warren quoting scripture. Specifically she selectively quoted part of Matthew 25:40 "....as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’"

Now, if the innocent human life in the womb isn't the least of us, meaning the most helpless and least able to help or defend itself, then who is? How can the pro-abortionists on either side of the aisle not recognize this? How can they, specifically in this case Elizabeth Warren as a DNC speaker, quote scripture and not recognize the hypocrisy of their own party platform which promotes using US taxpayer dollars to fund the killing of "the least of us" in the innocent human life growing in the womb?
ROFL

75% of fertilized eggs miscarry.

Why would anyone quote the word of the all-powerful infallible being who murders the vast majority of the least of us?

Old 09-06-2012, 11:21 AM

13,685 posts, read 9,009,247 times
My tea-party member brother-in-law is 'against abortion'.

However, his views are thus: he is decidedly against white women having abortions. He cares not if black or Mexican women have abortions. Indeed, he is for free abortions for minorities (as well as free birth control and 'morning after pills' for said minorities).

As he frequently says, black women and Mexican women are having so many babies, while white women are aborting theirs, that soon the whites will be a minority in this country.

My BIL has always been 'frank' in his racist beliefs. It has gotten me wondering if many of those who are 'against' abortion hold, in secret, the same views.

Note that I am 'against' abortion. However, I am male, and I say leave it up to the individual woman to have one or not. I wish the world was such that no woman would feel the need to have one, but I have long ago given up on having a perfect world in which all agree on issues.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:57 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Tempest...you know not what you speak of. Margaret Carlson is to Bloomberg, what Chris matthews is to MSNBC; about a dyed-in-the-wool left as one can get. Prove me wrong if you can.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
"Margaret Carlson is a Bloomberg View columnist. The opinions expressed are her own" That says it all,....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies