Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 11:33 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
True. Last night, Clinton absolutely hit it out of the park! One of his key facts he stated, was one on private sector job creation:

"Since 1961, for 52 years now, the Republicans have held the White House 28 years, the Democrats 24," Clinton said. "In those 52 years, our private economy has produced 66 million private-sector jobs. So what's the jobs score? Republicans 24 million, Democrats 42 (million)."

Politifact found this statement to be 100% true, not that it's to anyone's surprise (maybe to the right wingers).

Democrats create jobs in America.

Republicans create jobs in China.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...ts-top-republ/
Did you notice how near 1/2 of the jobs in Bush's administration is about what Obama's is and he has only been there 4 years. He may catch up and then again he may not unless he gets 4 more years.

I see that now you of the left lean are really sure that Presidents create jobs. For some time I used to hear from both sides that Presidents create no jobs but since Bubba made his statement all of a sudden Presidents do provide jobs even in the private sector.

When will you understand that none of those jobs that came about during the Clinton era weren't created by him? Maybe that will be about the time you realize that unless Presidents cause job losses they sure don't creat jobs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 11:35 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Now, how many of those jobs were from Republican owned businesses?

Old 09-06-2012, 11:42 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
How many threads are we going to have on this very issue? Here, I'll bite, if Democrats are responsible for creating private sector jobs, please tell me why they allowed 10%+ unemployment rates and a complete economic collapse, just 2 years ago when they had complete control of Congress.

Clearly if you are going to take credit, then you deserve the blame.. Right?

Old 09-06-2012, 11:42 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Now, how many of those jobs were from Republican owned businesses?
That kind of stuff doesn't count when leaners are trying to prove a point. Besides that although the government doesn't own any of those businesses, yet, they have been responsible for them growing into successful businesses. It is very easy to see both these people pointing out that the left is more successful as promoting jobs and soon will make all right with us by owning the businesses so they can lay complete claim to the jobs.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Wow, a classic example of a right wing "I hate facts that show the GOP is wrong! having meltdown! Must hijack the thread and bash Obama with distorted versions of his name because it makes me feel like a tough guy!"
discussing Obama isnt hijacking the thread, its the TOPIC, Obama is a Democrat

Or do you now think we should discuss everyone BUT Obama..

Old 09-06-2012, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
Clinton claimed Obama saved the american auto industry....

really now...did Ford even get a bail out...nope...therefore a BIG LIE
Actually Bush bailed out the auto industry, something else Clinton conveniently didnt discuss..

Old 09-06-2012, 11:46 AM

10,875 posts, read 13,806,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did you notice how near 1/2 of the jobs in Bush's administration is about what Obama's is and he has only been there 4 years. He may catch up and then again he may not unless he gets 4 more years.

I see that now you of the left lean are really sure that Presidents create jobs. For some time I used to hear from both sides that Presidents create no jobs but since Bubba made his statement all of a sudden Presidents do provide jobs even in the private sector.

When will you understand that none of those jobs that came about during the Clinton era weren't created by him? Maybe that will be about the time you realize that unless Presidents cause job losses they sure don't creat jobs.
Interesting. When the facts come out that the democrats have been far more successful at creating jobs than republicans, the GOP goons pull the "the government doesn't create jobs!" "It has nothing to do with the president!" BS

While at the same time, are posting thread after thread, trashing Obama about job creation and that it's all his fault.

Funny how that is,...

Old 09-06-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
You didn't read the link. Or even bother looking at the quote in OP:

Note how Clinton isn't saying democratic presidents were directly responsible for these private sector jobs, they were created while they were in office.
Well we've heard nothing but "jobs are a delayed economic indicator" from Democrats for years, so if thats true, this would mean all jobs created by Republicans are attributed to Democrats, and Democrats ones attributed to Republicans..

I guess Democrats are now thanking the GOP for their job creation skills.. Yeah, thats about as dumb as a spin that you just tried..

Old 09-06-2012, 11:48 AM

78,339 posts, read 60,527,398 times
Quote:
This has got to be the worst spin attempt I've ever seen.

I give you an A+ for butthurt and an F for deflection Mathguy
Actually, no butt hurt, I'm not voting for either of the two republicans running for president this year....debating whether to protest vote libertarian or perhaps green party.

I really can't help you if you lack the education to spot how Clinton's citation is laughably deterministic.

Rush Limbaugh uses the same tactic, he could just site the jobs numbers since 2000 (which is as arbitrary as 1961) and make claims about how great things were under Bush and bad under Obama.

Gratz, you are just as gullible as a Rush fan.

Old 09-06-2012, 11:49 AM

1,610 posts, read 1,781,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
not very true

of bill clintons 22 million jobs created....22 million LOW PAYING jobs created while 15 million HIGH PAYING JOBS lost to overseas

democrats create medocracy in the us. and send the jobs overseas
LOL, that's full of crap sorry, ask your experienced IT guy and he will tell you Clinton had a booming tech industry under his terms. Many of those jobs were 60k and up with little experience required.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies