Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 07:54 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,510,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
more nonsense from the collective.
either the individuals that want such jobs or the companies that need to fill them, "need to invest in education".
Leave my paycheck alone.
So I will assume you NEVER attended public school???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2012, 08:02 PM

42 posts, read 46,549 times
We lost our jobs due to Canada,Mexico, and China...going against the United States and outsourcing the manufacturing jobs.

When the campaign was buy american....it meant buy american. The reason was our jobs would have stayed home.

They paid the Mexicans who worked for the Canadian companies who bought the companies from the United States only $2.00 an hour and we lost our jobs due to them not wanting to continue to pay American workers $15-22 an hour back in 1985.

We went to war with Mexico over this...during Clintons administration.

The plans for our future is education...white collar jobs..so folks education is the answer..

Forget working at plants..look for our society to have educated jobs..not day labor jobs.

They forget we still have low IQ folks in our society. We still need cashiers, taco bell workers..ect.

The employers harrass us out of our jobs around $12 an hour. So dont quit..get management fired from now on.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:30 PM

640 posts, read 1,214,476 times
Personally I am tired of companies complaining about not being able to find workers. Anybody with a functioning brain can see how ludicrous this is. Remember the mcdonalds hiring fair, something like 1 million applied and more then half were rejected. It was quoted that using the statistics people had a better chance at going to harvard. I don't want to hear excuses anymore.

Old 09-06-2012, 08:37 PM

2,095 posts, read 3,101,115 times
These companies are so full of crap. It's just Corporate America trying to find more excuses to move jobs overseas so they can turn an even bigger profit, so their CEO can buy that sixth mansion in the Caymans he's been eying.

Sadly we'll all just take it. It's not a Democrat thing or a Republican thing. It's our own faults for letting capitalism get the better of us.

But you know... go shop at Walmart for better prices...

Old 09-06-2012, 08:56 PM

1,720 posts, read 1,315,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silenthelpreturns View Post
Personally I am tired of companies complaining about not being able to find workers. Anybody with a functioning brain can see how ludicrous this is. Remember the mcdonalds hiring fair, something like 1 million applied and more then half were rejected. It was quoted that using the statistics people had a better chance at going to harvard. I don't want to hear excuses anymore.
Harvard has a higher acceptance rate than McDonald's !!

One million people applied to Mc Donalds!!!

"Well, you know what? McDonald's ended up receiving approximately one million applications.
So how many of those people did McDonald's hire?

They hired about 62,000 people.

That means that somewhere around 938,000 eager job applicants were turned away.

Just think about that.

Only about 6.2 percent of those that applied for a job at McDonald's were accepted.

As Joe Weisenthal of Business Insider recently pointed out, that means that Harvard now has a higher acceptance rate than McDonald's does.
Harvard accepts about 7% of those that apply to go to school there.
Who ever thought we would see the day when a higher percentage of applicants get accepted into Harvard than get hired at McDonald's?"

Losing Faith (In The U.S. Economy)

Old 09-06-2012, 08:59 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,268,742 times
1 million applicants for only 62,000 open positions.

Please tell me what company has 1 million open positions to fill

Old 09-06-2012, 09:04 PM

1,922 posts, read 1,744,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardianlady View Post
Nobody wants to study those subjects even if a grant is available .I know I won't want to study any of them I hate science,and hard core math, .To me at least ,having a high paycheck just isn't worth it ..Either hire and train the ones you can find that remotely match your qualifications ,or.....quit complaining .
So don't complain when the people that study and learn the difficult courses make more money than you do.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:37 AM

640 posts, read 1,214,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post
These companies are so full of crap. It's just Corporate America trying to find more excuses to move jobs overseas so they can turn an even bigger profit, so their CEO can buy that sixth mansion in the Caymans he's been eying.

Sadly we'll all just take it. It's not a Democrat thing or a Republican thing. It's our own faults for letting capitalism get the better of us.

I hope people are happy with the bed they are making for themselves. This is the system people want, well that's exactly what they're gonna see. Enjoy it fools!

Old 09-07-2012, 09:43 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
U.S. Manufacturers Say There Aren't Enough Skilled Workers To Fill Job Openings

Clinton spoke about this last night. This is an important piece of the recovery puzzle. Why aren't we training these people? Romney wants more cuts to education? What is wrong with that picture?
It's simple, Obama has done all he can do to destabilize the private business sector. For four years now, no one knows what their tax rates will be one year from now, what new onerous EPA regulations will be created out of thin air, what employee medical insurance costs, regulations or mandates will be forced upon employers, from one month to the next.

Obama is the bull, and our economy, and our regulatory and tax structure are the china shop, and no one knows when that bull will charge thru and cause more destruction. So everyone is sitting on their hands, waiting for the day when that bull will be put back in his bull pen, in Illinois.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:47 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatildaLoo View Post

We have the highest corporate tax rates on the planet, thanks to our government, so don't blame businesses because they can't see a way to remain competitive unless they go elsewhere. Our government, under Democratic rule, is hostile to business, Obama has made this abundantly clear.

Our government is like a bunch of mobsters, every few months they walk down the street and toss bricks thru store windows, then they send in shake down crews to take protection monies from the owners. Then, when businesses start to leave the city, people like you blame business owners for leaving due to greed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies