Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 11:49 AM

2,930 posts, read 2,224,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
To quote republicans in congress now "well he is the president"

Bush expanded us debt growth more then any president before him. He sold Iraq on the threat of a nuclear weapon that didn't exist. He expanded government in Medicare and education while removing consumer protections from investment banks and all but ignored the coming housing bubble that he helped create.

That isn't rewriting history its an acknowledgement of reality.
What has Obama done in the last 3 1/2 years? Increased the debt more than any president in history, has maintained over 8% unemployment for all years, family incomes have fallen, home prices have fallen, retirement investments have taken a beating, and the economy continues its skid. Super job,...but, one that Obama said would necessitate a one term proposition.

How conveniently you decided to dismiss/not address the link provided. How does that crow taste?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
Ah, yes... Crawford... putting on the plaid shirt and clearing brush as we speak, no doubt!

'Ol GW is a worker,...unlike the current White House occupant who is a "golfer" and a television talk show wannabe.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:15 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Follower Of X View Post
Jobs.....Freedom.....Safety......Cheap gas......Family values.....the good old days....
Jobs

The job loss started due to the recession which started during Bush. Granted Obama hasn't done a stellar job creating jobs but the unemployment rate has been slowly dropping.

Freedom

The largest loss of freedom the American people have ever endured happened during Bush. The Patriot Act. What freedoms have you lost because of Obama? If anything we're more free now. Just ask any gay serviceman or woman.

Safety

Why are you less safe now? Have we been attacked due to Obama's carelessness? BTW Bin Laden is gone as is Kadafi.

Gas

Crude oil prices went from $25.00 to almost $100.00 per barrel under Bush. Also the highest average price ever was seen under Bush $4.11. The average price of gas is no higher or lower under Obama than it was under Bush. (none of these things are really under any Presidents control.)

Values

There has not been a shift in the values of average Americans over the last 4 years. This is just more unfounded Republican rhetoric.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Jobs

The job loss started due to the recession which started during Bush. Granted Obama hasn't done a stellar job creating jobs but the unemployment rate has been slowly dropping.

Freedom

The largest loss of freedom the American people have ever endured happened during Bush. The Patriot Act. What freedoms have you lost because of Obama? If anything we're more free now. Just ask any gay serviceman or woman.

Safety

Why are you less safe now? Have we been attacked due to Obama's carelessness? BTW Bin Laden is gone as is Kadafi.

Gas

Crude oil prices went from $25.00 to almost $100.00 per barrel under Bush. Also the highest average price ever was seen under Bush $4.11. The average price of gas is no higher or lower under Obama than it was under Bush. (none of these things are really under any Presidents control.)

Values

There has not been a shift in the values of average Americans over the last 4 years. This is just more unfounded Republican rhetoric.
BUUSSHHhhhhhhDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!

As one of the Republican candidates stated,......"Obama assumed office nearly four years ago,......wonder when he will start assuming RESPONSIBILITY?????

Old 09-07-2012, 04:23 PM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
BUUSSHHhhhhhhDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!

As one of the Republican candidates stated,......"Obama assumed office nearly four years ago,......wonder when he will start assuming RESPONSIBILITY?????
Did you read the OP? This thread is about missing one of the worst if not the worst President this nation has ever had. Sure Obama has his shortcomings but he's far better than the prior President. Which I was pointing out in my post. And I'd vote Republican if not for their oppressive social stances towards gays and women.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
Did you read the OP? This thread is about missing one of the worst if not the worst President this nation has ever had. Sure Obama has his shortcomings but he's far better than the prior President. Which I was pointing out in my post. And I'd vote Republican if not for their oppressive social stances towards gays and women.
Did you read my post regarding Obama taking responsibility for his own actions?

If Obama is elected for four more years he'll still be blaming Bush for all his failures,....and people in the democrat party will be following him like a bunch of rats behind the Pied Piper.

I used to vote for the democrats,...but then I learned to read and write.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:31 PM

3,236 posts, read 3,938,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Bush never had an addiction to cocaine, it was alcohol.

Obama was the coke/crack head. Just look at him.

Everyone has their battles.
A person who can deliver a great speech and clean up an economic mess is a crackhead in your mind but the guy who went to war with a random country, can barely mumble a coherent sentence and thinks evolution is pretend is crack-free? Riiiiiiiight

Old 09-07-2012, 06:43 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Texas has produced both Bush's, and of course there is Governor Rick Perry, who's a few fries short of a happy meal.
The Bushs are transplants to Texas from Conn. That's right son, they're yankees.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:47 PM

2,962 posts, read 4,999,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post

I used to vote for the democrats,...but then I learned to read and write.
Congratulations! Next you should try tying your shoes. Then on to critical thinking.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
The Bushs are transplants to Texas from Conn. That's right son, they're yankees.
Aw,....now you have burst their little bubbles. Although, I'd take either Bush as a Texan before Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies