Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 02:25 PM

25,924 posts, read 24,626,954 times

Advertisements

They should bury that ***** alive in one of those mines
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 02:26 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,918,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
Sure. She's made some ridiculous comments. It's tiring though that women are constantly commented on about their looks, whether they're in business or government.

She might think we pi$$ our money away ~ easy opinion to make when daddy got lucky and bought some land. No issue with her being criticised... But I doubt any of those posters know the history of Rineharts/Hancock et al. They just decided to jump on a band wagon of commenting on a very rich woman based on her looks
What she said was appalling and then she went on to say that people that are not rich are not so because they are lazy, smoke too much, and drink too much. I am sure if she was not herself fat, she would have thrown that one in there too. She gets what she deserves. She is a greedy pig in every sense of the word.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:31 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,463,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I have heard the world's poorest man is a jackass also.
Not true, I heard MC Hammer is actually a pretty nice guy.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:36 PM

14,771 posts, read 17,062,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
What she said was appalling and then she went on to say that people that are not rich are not so because they are lazy, smoke too much, and drink too much. I am sure if she was not herself fat, she would have thrown that one in there too. She gets what she deserves. She is a greedy pig in every sense of the word.
Totally agree. Stupid comments.
So is the commentary on her looks.

Now the bigger issue is she wants to introduce slave labour into australia. Ironic... People wouldn't be able to eat let alone pi$$ their money away. It doesn't matter anyway. Not going to happen.

Old 09-07-2012, 03:11 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,389,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
They should bury that ***** alive in one of those mines
Ah, liberal tolerance.

How about if you don't like her you don't work for her?

Old 09-07-2012, 03:13 PM

25,924 posts, read 24,626,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Ah, liberal tolerance.

How about if you don't like her you don't work for her?
This is not about liking. She is an evil person and deserves to be punished
Plus, I am somewhat liberal in some respect, but not overly tolerant...

Old 09-07-2012, 03:46 PM

994 posts, read 1,588,859 times
This is how her ancestors likely got wealthy; pay someone next to nothing to work for you. If I can get X number of people to generate Y amount of income for me, I will be rich. It's really that simple.

"If I can get 100 people to generate $1/hour worth of income on a 40 hour work week for me, then I'll be living a relatively good lifestyle almost anywhere in the world. It's the same with 10 people at $10/hour or 25 people at $4/hour.

If I expand further and go to 1000 people making $1/hour income for me on a 40 hour work week then I'll be a member of the 1% very quickly.

So you want a $1/hour raise? I'll find someone to either work for a lower wage or fire you and throw the rest of the work burden on the rest of the employees.

Eventually when I accumulate enough wealth, I will buy out the government and reformat it to serve MY needs. Oh, you thought that I was going to support libertarian values? They're as much of a threat to my goals as the left wingers and right wingers are. Too bad."

I wonder what happens when I can get hundreds of thousands of employees to supply me with a $1/hour income stream over a 40 hour work week...must be nice to have that. It doesn't matter what kind of economy you are in, this setup works the same. Miss Piggy probably doesn't have a care in the world about her employees. They're cannon fodder to her.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:11 PM

20,608 posts, read 19,261,971 times
Let an Aussie describe it.

BBC WORLD SERVICE SUCKS UP TO GINA

Old 09-07-2012, 04:13 PM

20,608 posts, read 19,261,971 times
It gets very lonely sitting here and having the only remedy capable of repairing world economies overnight. And it’s just a simple fiscal adjustment.
Ahem!

I know how he feels.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:28 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,854 posts, read 10,421,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
World's richest woman in the world is an Australian who criticized Australian miners for not working at wages similar to those in Africa. She also said if people want to be rich they should, do some real work and get off there lazy butts. Of course she does not mention, the way she got her wealth was by winning the birth lottery.

She sounds a lot like some of our Republican politicians who were born on 3rd base and thought they hit a home run.

World's richest woman lauds $2-a-day wages - Bottom Line
Yeah, she does sound just like a typical Republican these days, doesn't she?

Kinda makes you hope there really is such a thing as "reincarnation" and "karma", so this gal (and her ilk) can return in "less comfortable" circumstances, to acquire a few more "life lessons".... and a bit of empathy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies