Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 08:57 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Again, you are confused here. Either you believe our economy is booming or you do not believe that people are actually dependent on food for survival!
The economy is not booming because of Obama and his government that are sneering at success and promoting dependency on government for every need and want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 09:12 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The economy is not booming because of Obama and his government that are sneering at success and promoting dependency on government for every need and want.
So you are saying that the economy boomed under Bush because he took away food stamps?

Old 09-08-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
So you are saying that the economy boomed under Bush because he took away food stamps?
Bush was a problem also because he didn't overturn Clinton's huge job giveaways like NAFTA. Bill Clinton was a problem because he's the one who really got the ball moving on the export of our jobs and the opening of the borders to replace the American worker with a much cheaper foreign labor force.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:39 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Bush was a problem also because he didn't overturn Clinton's huge job giveaways like NAFTA. Bill Clinton was a problem because he's the one who really got the ball moving on the export of our jobs and the opening of the borders to replace the American worker with a much cheaper foreign labor force.
You didn't answer my question related to this post of yours:

Quote:

I will rephrase my question. If supplying food stamps is detrimental to the economy, how would taking them away help the economy to "boom?"

Old 09-08-2012, 09:43 AM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Quote:
No one said that. But for most of Bush's term, most didnt have to rely on food stamps and welfare. The numbers increasing indicates a problem. NOT a success.

Except in the eyes of the Left. The more people on the government dime, is a success to liberals. And that is the America you want. Not prosperity. Not opportunity.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
You didn't answer my question related to this post of yours:

I will rephrase my question. If supplying food stamps is detrimental to the economy, how would taking them away help the economy to "boom?"
Because then the American people without jobs would be more angry and demand a better economy.

Right now Obama is lulling them into a life of sloth by promising them all good things will come their way if they never work again, while he promises the American dream, amnesty to all who come here illegally who are replacing the American workforce.

Americans should be a whole lot madder about the give-away of our jobs, but as long as they're kept fat and happy, they're okay with what Obama is doing.

Food stamps are not good, jobs are good.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:55 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Because then the American people without jobs would be more angry and demand a better economy.

Right now Obama is lulling them into a life of sloth by promising them all good things will come their way if they never work again, while he promises the American dream, amnesty to all who come here illegally who are replacing the American workforce.

Americans should be a whole lot madder about the give-away of our jobs, but as long as they're kept fat and happy, they're okay with what Obama is doing.

Food stamps are not good, jobs are good.
Spoken by someone who obviously has never struggled to meet their bills and put food on the table. Food stamp allotments are not enough to keep people "fat and happy," they are enough to stave off hunger. I have never had to rely on them myself, but I have a few relatives who have recently, after many months of being out of work, and it's not a great deal of money. I'd wager you spend more a month on food than a person gets in food stamps for that same month, and by a good margin.

Old 09-08-2012, 09:56 AM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,021 times

Old 09-08-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Spoken by someone who obviously has never struggled to meet their bills and put food on the table. Food stamp allotments are not enough to keep people "fat and happy," they are enough to stave off hunger. I have never had to rely on them myself, but I have a few relatives who have recently, after many months of being out of work, and it's not a great deal of money. I'd wager you spend more a month on food than a person gets in food stamps for that same month, and by a good margin.
I live in a region that is very big on food stamps -- and I've seen the grocery stores on food stamp day (when the cards are refilled) and the heaping grocery carts with the fat pregnant ladies and their fat children waddling through the stores. They sure aren't starving or just barely getting enough to eat.

In fact the food stamp life is so appealing, more and more babies are being born into that life. No point waiting until you can have more kids before you have them, even able-bodied women are spared a life of having to work simply by giving birth.

Old 09-08-2012, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
And I'm pretty sure I spend less money on food -- the food stamp crowd not only gets food stamps bit WIC, free meals at schools, free meals at the head start centers. The schools provide at least 2 meals to their children, year round where I live.

It's like the DNC -- those people wildly cheer Obama's newest job giveaway program to cheap foreign labor -- the work visas to the illegals because the unemployed Americans really don't care if they have jobs. Otherwise they'd resent the fact that any one age 16 to 31 that comes here illegally is being encouraged to come here and take the jobs.

That's why all these welfare programs are so bad. Americans are fast losing any work ethic. They're fine with the government taking good care of them as it replaces the American workforce with a much cheaper one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies