U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2012, 10:13 AM

12,372 posts, read 8,678,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooperkat View Post
Have you ever thought about opening your purse and paying for a condom with your own money?
Sorry, Slick, but every bit of contraption I've used in my very long life I paid for with my own cash. I do not think that cutting off access to low cost birth control is in any way going to help our country thrive. It's cost effective not to have unwanted children wandering the streets. It's cost effective to help poor people control the size of their families. It cuts down on the demand for abortions and that alone is win-win no matter what side of the abortion issue you're on.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2012, 10:20 AM

24,874 posts, read 22,995,334 times
We won't know who failed at what until 11/7 maybe later.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:49 AM

14,276 posts, read 19,205,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
OK...I have to ask: Exactly WHO is preventing you from purchasing birth control. Names would be nice, but I can understand your desire to protect the stupid.
My former insurance company would not cover birth control pills - not even to help control hormonal issues which is the reason I have taken them since I was a teenager. Yet, the insurance company would cover erectile dysfunction medication, smoking cessation programs and patches, and other medications I'd consider fairly elective. This was through my parents' insurance - and due to preexisting conditions, my family could not move off of their employer's insurance in order to get better coverage.

The issue of "free" birth control has been twisted by the right. I can't walk into the pharmacist's office and demand birth control for free. What I can do is get it covered in full by my insurance company, that I pay for every month.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:51 AM

14,276 posts, read 19,205,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Sorry, Slick, but every bit of contraption I've used in my very long life I paid for with my own cash. I do not think that cutting off access to low cost birth control is in any way going to help our country thrive. It's cost effective not to have unwanted children wandering the streets. It's cost effective to help poor people control the size of their families. It cuts down on the demand for abortions and that alone is win-win no matter what side of the abortion issue you're on.
Additionally, most forms of hormonal birth control require a yearly gyn exam in order to renew the prescription. This saves money by getting women into the doctor at least once a year, helping prevent late diagnoses of breast, cervical, or uterine cancer which are not only much more deadly at later stages, but also much more expensive.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:55 AM

4,693 posts, read 5,329,625 times
The real war on women is financial. It's the economy, unemployment, rising gas and food prices, etc. Social issues don't work because women are divided. There are many women who are anti-abortion with a passion.

Old 10-21-2012, 10:57 AM

26,979 posts, read 14,490,363 times
It turned out women were not as stupid as Democrats thought.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:08 AM

36,257 posts, read 23,620,833 times
Quote:
Thanks for the link. I don't know how anyone can claim there's not a war on women going on. You sure don't see anyone trying to take rights away from men or to severely restrict their access to health care and fair pay for equal work.

"Women tend to seek jobs with regular hours, more comfortable conditions, little travel, and greater personal fulfillment. Often times, women are willing to trade higher pay for jobs with other characteristics that they find attractive.
Men, in contrast, often take jobs with less desirable characteristics in pursuit of higher pay. They work long hours and overnight shifts. They tar roofs in the sun, drive trucks across the country, toil in sewer systems, stand watch as prison guards, and risk injury on fishing boats, in coal mines, and in production plants. Such jobs pay more than others because otherwise no one would want to do them."

It's Time That We End the Equal Pay Myth - Forbes

The unequal pay myth has been busted.

I'm an auto mechanic because it pays better than most other jobs and I'm always in demand.

As for rights, how about the right to not be legally discriminated against because you have a penis?

More women are attending college than men, yet we still have AA in place to make sure the poor kid when grew up fatherless in a mobile home park or a government housing project takes a back seat to Chelsea Clinton and the Obama girls.

And no one is restricting your access to anything.

Just pay for it yourself.

That's all.

The reason why the Democrats war on men is failing is because half of the women who vote the abortion issue are pro-life. Furthermore, lots of married women have no interest in their husband's income being tied to that of female coworkers who are too timid to demand better pay and unwilling to do the jobs men do.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:11 AM

7,541 posts, read 5,899,354 times
Quote:
Thanks for the link. I don't know how anyone can claim there's not a war on women going on. You sure don't see anyone trying to take rights away from men or to severely restrict their access to health care and fair pay for equal work.

the OP is using the American Stinker to support his claim. Should have been ignored for the bovine excrement that it is.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:12 AM

20,870 posts, read 21,066,524 times
Quote:
Have you ever thought about opening your purse and paying for a condom with your own money?
Why should she have to pay for the condom? Shouldn't the man pay for it?

Old 10-21-2012, 11:14 AM

8,390 posts, read 10,845,186 times
Quote:
Have you ever though you want your insurance dollars to count for your own medical coverage? Our insurance covered my husbands vasectomy. What is the difference? Why not just tell him to pay for his own condoms? Why do I pay to have your husbands fixed?
Why should my insurance cover your kids? It was your choice to have them after all.

Because, I pay into it that's why and that's what I want. We don't all have the same wants do we. Birth control isn't a religious issue, it's a health issue. Kapeeeesh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies