Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 01:38 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
I think Arizona Joe Arpaio and that guy Pierce (he lost but it was proven he had links to neo nazis etc) are creating these laws because of race. But that is another discussion for another day.

I do not have racists friends, I do not partake in friendship with people that share racists beliefs. That is how I roll and have zero tolerance for bigotry

If you do, fine by me. I am the only one that live by my code. No one else has to do it.
Arpaio and Pierce are trying to find ways to help enforce Federal laws. They aren't creating laws. If your insinuation is that these guys have proven links to neo nazi organizations due to their contributors I would have to cry foul. Most people don't even ever meet their contributors. When I contribute to things I usually get a form letter thanking me with a copied signature on it. I rarely meet the people I contribute to. They don't know me from Adam.

I take offense that you would suggest that i am a racist or bigot because I try to change the beliefs of those that rely on stereo-types when they meet peole. How do you think the world will get better if we react in anger and hatred to everyone we disagree with? That is what keeps stereo-types alive. If we treat people with intolerance we can only expect that in return.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2012, 02:02 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,306 times
I do not tolerate bigotry. If a person is a racist imo they do not deserve my friendship at all. I am not trying to offend you. If you feel ok with people that are racist good for you. I dont. Live and let live.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:28 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,995,315 times
I'm tired of people abusing the word "racist".

Old 09-08-2012, 02:40 PM

1,119 posts, read 1,371,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
I'm tired of people abusing the word "racist".
racist is a person that believe that people that have one color of skin are superior to others.

Old 09-08-2012, 02:46 PM

288 posts, read 283,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
The service industry is a cess-pool.

How many 40+ year old women do you see around those places?

What's kinda interesting though is that you are in what is supposed to be an "enlightened" or somewhat liberal area. Sorry, I just get tired of all the stereotypes of red-necks in flyover country being the source of all racism.

That's the other real truth of racism, in some ways it's worse in urban areas, it's just *different*.

You are 100% correct about the ongoing stupidity of the "lighter skinned" model of beauty....and again I think it's important to note whom is still pushing it through the media.
With the bolded part I can understand you on that, on the other hand I get tired of blacks being blamed for everything bad that happens in this country..

As far as the media goes who runs it?

Old 09-08-2012, 06:42 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynternight View Post
Spare me, really. You're being deliberately obtuse here and you damn well know it. I could come up with dozens of posts here proving my point not to mention the tons of examples in the MSM but I'm not going to waste my time on the likes of you because I know you'd do nothing but dissemble and bloviate despite an abundance of evidence.

As you say, some here never disappoint.

Label me as you will, simple consideration of the source will spare me from any tears.
I will not label you, you made statements and when asked to provide proof of your statements you could not, that means you are either very confused or a Liar I will let the readers here descide which is the correct label. Wear your label with pride, it fits you perfectly

Old 09-08-2012, 08:43 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,512,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
I will not label you, you made statements and when asked to provide proof of your statements you could not, that means you are either very confused or a Liar I will let the readers here descide which is the correct label. Wear your label with pride, it fits you perfectly

I give you 0/10. I'm not here to pander to your laziness or deliberate obfuscation. I'm sure plenty of people have taken your measure and that of others like you. I'm not worried.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:14 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverboat Gambler View Post
I don't want to hear "pulling the race card". Everyone knows that the minority in America is the middle to lower middle class white man. He has no one to turn to. His female white counterpart can say it was gender related.
The white man has nothing.............

Chew on those facts and stop whining.
Okay, clam down brother/sister... the fact that there is more white poverty in America just screws them all up. They are taught that it is the white man that's holding them down. If we keep this in perspective, it's usually a white dude (professor (tenored)) who is doing the teaching.

WTF IS UP with that?

Old 09-09-2012, 03:15 AM

14,361 posts, read 9,790,545 times
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick
Why are you responding to something that wasn't addressed to you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Gee, I thought this was a public thread. The minute you attacked me personally, because you had no legitimate response to my post, was the moment you made anything you say open season.

Why do you start a thread with the intent of squashing alternate views and deflecting reasonable arguements?
THE OP HAS LEFT THE BUILDING

go figure!!

Old 09-10-2012, 06:54 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,835,518 times
Quote:
Ahhh, that did not take long, some here never disappoint. So, YOU claim people call others racist here all the time just for disagreeing with the President. So it should not be hard at all for you to link us all to say, half dozen posts where someone called you a racist with you ever making a racist comment to deserve it, if you cannot locate any for yourself you can, by all means, show where it has happened to others, should not take you long at all to produce your "evidence".

Now I will remind you that if you cannot come up with some good examples I will and others will not label you a racist for not being able to do it, but you may very well end up losing any credibility here along with being labeled as a Liar. We will wit to see how long it takes, 24 hours should be plenty of time. Better get to work

So let's see your "evidence" and we can discuss them, or don't and well ...........
Quote:
Wynternight may be trying to take some sort of higher road, I don't know for sure, but I'm not. Now I don't really care that much either way, but there definitely are people on this forum that have the type of thinking Wynternight is talking about. For you to imply there isn't a single poster on this forum that does is factually wrong. I guess I just don't like to see condescending, sarcastic self-righteousness coming from someone in repeated posts when they are in reality not right. It only took a single search to find them.

There were many examples in the post I linked to a few pages ago. Maybe you missed it - so here it is again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyanger View Post
the search function searches

is 9 enough?

//www.city-data.com/forum/24809232-post26.html
In case it's too much trouble to follow the link above - here are the individual links from that link.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post24747390

//www.city-data.com/forum/true-...l#post24715696

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post23370641

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post23844425

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post23839318

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post20341236

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post19048022

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post20197881

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post19274803

Last edited by tyanger; 09-10-2012 at 07:09 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies