Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2012, 05:31 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,034,743 times

Advertisements

I imgaine that people saying what the Op suggest are tired of people playig the race card in their opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 05:53 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,165,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Of course, it could have something to do with the fact that there are over 1 million posts in the Elections and Immigration subtopics alone and most people have actual lives to live.

I quickly found one example:

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post25995304

I skimmed the entire thread. Can you point me towards the post in which someone was called a racist? Humorously, you just validated my point. Not a single accusation of racism, yet that didn't prevent you from dropping in with the obligatory, "If you oppose Obama, they accuse you of being racist!"

Love it. We need a higher grade of right-wing posters. They are out there, somewhere. Maybe we can make a trade with the Sean Hannity forum or something.

Old 09-07-2012, 05:55 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,937,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I skimmed the entire thread. Can you point me towards the post in which someone was called a racist? Humorously, you just validated my point. Not a single accusation of racism, yet that didn't prevent you from dropping in with the obligatory, "If you oppose Obama, they accuse you of being racist!"

Love it. We need a higher grade of right-wing posters. They are out there, somewhere. Maybe we can make a trade with the Sean Hannity forum or something.
Skim the thread again. You missed an obvious one. You just proved my point that it is too time consuming to go through every thread looking for examples. I gave you a thread with an example and you missed it.

Do you also deny an individual life begins at conception?

Last edited by whogo; 09-07-2012 at 06:06 PM..

Old 09-07-2012, 06:06 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,165,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Skim the thread again. You missed an obvious one. You just proved my point that it is too time consuming to go through every thread looking for examples. I gave you a thread with an example and you missed it.

Do you also deny life begins at conception?
Ah, yes. How could I have missed it? Where is it, again?

Life begins well before conception. Who in the world claims a fetus or sperm isn't "alive?"

Old 09-08-2012, 07:24 AM

3,550 posts, read 3,751,256 times
On my way home from work yesterday I turned on talk radio. I rarely listen to talk radio. They were discussing Barack Obama not fixing the economy and a female caller pulled the race card into the discussion. Said she was a white female, but I'm not so sure she was because of the accent. This caller said white males have been the problem. She called them "predators" and she was just angry in general. It's not okay to say stuff like that, and people should speak back against such rhetoric, not just blow it off as harmless.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:27 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,235,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
Way way wah

Quit using the race card. Most people tip on how well service is and price of meal. Lose the attitude first and foremost and lose the victimhood crap.
To some extent the OP is right, while I live here in the south, I have seen black women w/ their natural hair face discrimination in the job, even from other blacks (many times creole). "Don't wear you hair in braids, or twists" and this is at restaurants where they are waiting tables because "It's not professional". I could understand if they were wearing crazy colors but just having your hair braided or twisted does not scream unprofessional. Not everyone will have relaxed hair. So it's not always about a victim mindset.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:39 AM
miu

17,772 posts, read 40,247,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxbabeechick View Post
Ironic, these are the same sorts of people who say that others are trying to squash their opinions by bringing race into a discussion. You don't end a discussion by saying someone is "pulling the race card" either.

Started this thread because I pointed out that in the service industry in Manhattan there tends to be a lot of look-ism and the less diverse a staff is, the more money there is to be made in that bar/restaurant/lounge/nightclub. That's just a fact. The only place I know that has a majority minority waitstaff in Manhattan is TGI Friday's, and everyone knows no one makes any money there. Also if you are black and have natural hair, you can kiss a lot of opportunity to make money in the industry goodbye.
I work in the service industry, and the only thing holding black people back in it is if they speak and act like inner city trash. When blacks act "white" and speak properly and put their customer first, they do just fine in the service industry. But if in the job interview, you do things like pronounce "ask" like "axe" or wear gaudy (fake) jewelry and wear big fake fingernails, of course no classy establishment is going to hire you.

Anyway, it's American black CULTURE not the colour of their skin that is keeping the black community down.

And BTW what is with your screen name? Do you really think that is a classy handle to have? To me, it implies that you think you are a sexy baby doll type of woman who is hungry for male attention. It's the kind of screen name that a teenage girl would want to have. And if so, you're not the type of woman that I'd want working with me in a classy establishment... no matter what the colour of your skin is.

Classy restaurants etc... want waitstaff that is professional looking and acting, and that means toning down the personal style and blending in with the rest of the staff to give the best possible hospitality experience to the customer. You aren't there to flirt with customers and try to get dates at work.

It's ironic that in your post of accusing others of abusing "pulling the race card" you are guilty of doing the same thing.

Old 09-08-2012, 07:45 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,373,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetlord View Post
On my way home from work yesterday I turned on talk radio. I rarely listen to talk radio. They were discussing Barack Obama not fixing the economy and a female caller pulled the race card into the discussion. Said she was a white female, but I'm not so sure she was because of the accent. This caller said white males have been the problem. She called them "predators" and she was just angry in general. It's not okay to say stuff like that, and people should speak back against such rhetoric, not just blow it off as harmless.
It is not ok in your opinion but freedom of speech is guaranteed by the constitution.

The same way when Mr. Right Wing Rush Limbaugh calls a woman a prostitute and demand her sex tapes because she dares talk birth control. It is right? No IMO, but he has every right to do it. It is the first amendment.

Old 09-08-2012, 08:01 AM

3,550 posts, read 3,751,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
It is not ok in your opinion but freedom of speech is guaranteed by the constitution.

The same way when Mr. Right Wing Rush Limbaugh calls a woman a prostitute and demand her sex tapes because she dares talk birth control. It is right? No IMO, but he has every right to do it. It is the first amendment.
She also added for emphasis "ALL WHITE...white males." Basically, it was very accusatory/threatening/semi-screaming. There is a line being crossed where it goes beyond rhetoric or a call for equal rights, and white males--and others--should pay attention. Again, some of this is getting a bit much to where it's purposefully meant to tear down the way of life of white males, and that's where I draw the line. It's not okay to say that and not expect a response. That's as much as I will say on that.

Edit: She noted she was also 62. So her experience is clouded by the civil rights era and not that relevant to the strides blacks have made in today's business climate.

Last edited by Free-R; 09-08-2012 at 08:09 AM..

Old 09-08-2012, 09:55 AM

3,840 posts, read 4,522,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Ahhh, that did not take long, some here never disappoint. So, YOU claim people call others racist here all the time just for disagreeing with the President. So it should not be hard at all for you to link us all to say, half dozen posts where someone called you a racist with you ever making a racist comment to deserve it, if you cannot locate any for yourself you can, by all means, show where it has happened to others, should not take you long at all to produce your "evidence".

Now I will remind you that if you cannot come up with some good examples I will and others will not label you a racist for not being able to do it, but you may very well end up losing any credibility here along with being labeled as a Liar. We will wit to see how long it takes, 24 hours should be plenty of time. Better get to work

As for the leftist comment, everyone already knows that is a Lie so you already have one strike aganst ya.

And as for your last reply, don't make racist remarks and you will not be labeled as one, very simple. I, as a White Middle-Class American Male have disagreed with President Obama, and a funny thing, I have Never been called a racist by anyone on the left or by anyone here that is black or brown. I have been called one, but since it came from a known racist, that had made several racist comments here, I discount their opinion as nothing more than an attempt to deflect from their own shortcomings.

So let's see your "evidence" and we can discuss them, or don't and well ...........
Spare me, really. You're being deliberately obtuse here and you damn well know it. I could come up with dozens of posts here proving my point not to mention the tons of examples in the MSM but I'm not going to waste my time on the likes of you because I know you'd do nothing but dissemble and bloviate despite an abundance of evidence.

As you say, some here never disappoint.

Label me as you will, simple consideration of the source will spare me from any tears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies