Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 02:25 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,879 times

Advertisements

Shepard Fairey, creator of Obama's famous Hope poster was sentenced today after pleading guilty to contempt of court for lying about the picture he used in the poster and for destroying evidence in a lawsuit.

He has agreed to pay the AP more than 1 million dollars, and he was sentenced to another $25K in fines, 300 hours community service, and 2 years probation.

So the creator of Hope has turned out to be a fraud and a liar, how ironic is that this election season?

Obama
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 02:26 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,451,300 times
I laughed really hard when I first read this. Everything attached to this administration is a damn fraud of some sort or another.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:29 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times

Old 09-07-2012, 02:32 PM

3,398 posts, read 5,105,330 times
That's ridiculous. I think every person that copies and pastes a picture of someone from somewhere else onto CD forum has committed just as much copyright violation as that guy. A mountain was made out of nothing here.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:35 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
I laughed really hard when I first read this. Everything attached to this administration is a damn fraud of some sort or another.
LOL....ain't that the truth! The past 4 years have been nothing but an expensive ass circus!

Old 09-07-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyngawf View Post
That's ridiculous. I think every person that copies and pastes a picture of someone from somewhere else onto CD forum has committed just as much copyright violation as that guy. A mountain was made out of nothing here.
What? You can't take someone else's work, manipulate it and call it your own. In other words, you can't go to a website, download a picture from that site, run some Photoshop filters on it and call it your own like this guy did.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:38 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
do the copy/pasters here receive a trademark and financial gain from doing this?

fairey did.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:42 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,935,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentwoodgirl View Post
Shepard Fairey, creator of Obama's famous Hope poster was sentenced today after pleading guilty to contempt of court for lying about the picture he used in the poster and for destroying evidence in a lawsuit.

He has agreed to pay the AP more than 1 million dollars, and he was sentenced to another $25K in fines, 300 hours community service, and 2 years probation.

So the creator of Hope has turned out to be a fraud and a liar, how ironic is that this election season?

Obama
Hmmm, I would have thought that Brentwood had a better education sysem, but since you wish to prove otherwise let me help you with your read comprehension issues.
I would highy suggest you re-read the article them compare it what you said above, seems to be a lot of licence was take by yourself, you were saying something truth and lieing, hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 09-07-2012, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Hmmm, I would have thought that Brentwood had a better education sysem, but since you wish to prove otherwise let me help you with your read comprehension issues.
I would highy suggest you re-read the article them compare it what you said above, seems to be a lot of licence was take by yourself, you were saying something truth and lieing, hmmmmmmmmmmmm
What are you talking about? That is exactly what happened. This guy ripped a picture off, ran it through Photoshop and called it his own.

Old 09-07-2012, 02:46 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,973,897 times
Quote:
Obviously, you are not an artist. If you were, you would understand that your art is your property and your income. For someone else to steal it and make money off that stolen image is not different than someone breaking into a warehouse and selling those goods for profit.

It's against the law. And is "something". Something called theft. The difference between that guy and the CD posters is that the CD poster didn't make money off the image. Despite the artist saying his pay was paltry, it still was money paid for an image he STOLE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies