Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2012, 09:20 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times

Advertisements

If you want to do something productive next weekend let me know.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:22 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,145,889 times
Wow the tolerance on this thread is just..... completely nonexistent from people who spout the "Conservatives are intolerant!" BS. Thank you all for proving my point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
How do you know what these women were there for?
I know that about 5 or 6 of them were there for abortions because the part of our group that was there for counseling asked them, and they answered yes. The rest i don't know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Obvious View Post
X-ray vision, she could she the babies in their tummies.
Yep. That's what it was. What a very mature reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
hahaha thanks for the laugh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
The wackos associated with this college oppose birth control because it encourages sex, which makes the devil dance.
We oppose birth control because it encourages sex before marriage, and we, as Catholics, believe in abstinence, which, if you think about it, is birth control. And it's 100% effective.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:27 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by personwhoisaperson View Post
We oppose birth control because it encourages sex before marriage, and we, as Catholics, believe in abstinence, which, if you think about it, is birth control. And it's 100% effective.
Your church doesn't believe in birth control after marriage either but that doesn't stop a lot of Catholics from using it.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Wow the tolerance on this thread is just..... completely nonexistent from people who spout the "Conservatives are intolerant!" BS. Thank you all for proving my point
You are a teenager and think you know whats right for everyone on the planet who isn't you. That isn't something to be real tolerant of, it's something you outgrow.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:30 PM

629 posts, read 946,123 times
Or, good grief, maybe some poor woman was going there to get tested for STIs and had those creeps staring at her and pleading with her not to do it. What if a woman was intimidated not to go--all that praying & protesting and ending up saving Chlamydia trachomatis from a nice round of antibiotics, and possibly rendering a woman infertile.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:32 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
Or, good grief, maybe some poor woman was going there to get tested for STIs and had those creeps staring at her and pleading with her not to do it. What if a woman was intimidated not to go--all that praying & protesting and ending up saving Chlamydia trachomatis from a nice round of antibiotics, and possibly rendering a woman infertile.
The bible thumping freaks would say "She would never have contracted a disease if she wasn't having sex"

You ask people if they are having abortions? WOW...the fact that you feel you have a right to ask is amazing.

629 posts, read 946,123 times
Quote:
I support birth control because I think the lack of it discourages sex within marriage. Also I think it is a great way to allow humans live sustainably and peacefully on this earth by controlling population through individual decisions about family size rather than relying on the old standards of famine, pestilence, and war. The second reason is more important than the first, but the first has been personally important to me.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:34 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,288,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
You ask people if they are having abortions? WOW...the fact that you feel you have a right to ask is amazing.
How would the OP feel if a group of atheists went to a Catholic Church to protest and started asking all the priests if they are pedophiles?? Would he preach about tolerance for the atheists?

Old 09-07-2012, 09:36 PM

11,039 posts, read 16,858,983 times
Quote:
I know that about 5 or 6 of them were there for abortions because the part of our group that was there for counseling asked them, and they answered yes. The rest i don't know.
Okay. So, a group of pro-lifers just asked them "are you here for an abortion?"
And, they answered "yes" to a group that they knew would make their decision all the more difficult by shaming and judging them?
So, considering that nationally, 3% of PP's provided services are abortion, what are the odds that there would be so many women coming in for abortions, whom were willing to admit to you that's what they were there for, for the duration of your rally?

I don't believe you. I'm sorry.

Quote:

Yep. That's what it was. What a very mature reply.

hahaha thanks for the laugh.
Well, again, your story comes across as implausible, and shows a total lack of knowledge at what Planned Parenthood actually does most of the time. Facts that you seem to ignore to play the "victim of intolerance" card.

Quote:
Yeah, I know. I was raised Catholic. You know how many of my former friends from church or from youth group ultimately went on to conceive out of wedlock? ... more than my non-Catholic friends.

Is this an indictment on Catholics in general? No. However, it highlights something: reality. This is a reality that was always here, it's just that once upon a time women were shamed into never talking about it, or marrying men that they didn't want to marry to cover it up.

You're entitled to your beliefs and I'll make no effort to sway you from them as it's not my right to do so; but it is my right, and I'm entitled to tell you that these beliefs are unrealistic, fantastical, naive, and antiquated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies