Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2012, 10:21 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,003,124 times

Advertisements

I guess laws are only made to be followed by the peasants.

"White House officials today acknowledged that they had not met the deadline to outline how the president would make the defense cuts required by law to be made because of the failure of the bipartisan, poorly-named Super-committee to agree on $1.5 trillion in deficit reduction over the next ten years.
Because of the failure of the Super-committee, a self-imposed sword of Damocles will fall, requiring $1.2 trillion in spending cuts that neither Democrats nor Republicans desire, specifically $109 billion from Pentagon and domestic spending in just the next year.
Get more pure politics at ABCNews.com/Politics and a lighter take on the news at OTUSNews.com
In the fine Washington tradition of never giving anything a name that makes sense to anyone outside the 202 area code, these cuts are called the “sequester.”
One month ago, the president signed the “Sequestration Transparency Act,” a law that imposed upon him a 30 day deadline to outline what Pentagon spending will be cut. That deadline was last night.
White House press secretary Jay Carney today said White House officials would hand in their assignment next week."

I agree with Mr. Thune.........

In a statement, Sen. John Thune, R-SD, author of the bill said that “Americans of all stripes are required to play by the rules and follow the laws of the land. Unfortunately, by disregarding the sequestration reporting deadline, the
Obama Administration seems to think it is above the law. The American people deserve to know the president’s plan for implementing these cuts, some of which our military leaders have said will compromise our nation’s ability to protect itself. Every day that the administration delays being transparent with the American people on the sequester moves us one day closer to going over the fiscal cliff.”

White House Misses Deadline Outlining Defense Cuts - ABC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 11:21 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
Now lets see if the politicians have the balls to actually cut spending.....

Old 09-08-2012, 12:40 AM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
I am not sure this is or should be a surprise to anyone at this point. This administration has failed to produce a budget that was supported by it's party, bent or ignored it's our campaign promises of transparency and the list goes on and on. Now, I am sure folks are wondering why? The reason is quite simple, he has not a freaking clue what he is doing. There are a lot of jokes about electing a community organizer you get a community organizer but this is exactly what is happening. What makes it worse he surrounded himself with staff that are just as, if not more, clueless. The results of which can clearly be seen in the lack of our economic recovery.

As far as spending cuts go, he will blame everyone but himself. I have never, in my lifetime, seen a sitting President that blames others and take no responsibility for failures. When he attempts to it's in a context that makes it sound like he is a victim of others to appeal to less educated voters. It pathetic.

I can honestly say that I have never felt disdain for any President, Liberal or Conservative, than I have felt for this one. As a leader you are responsible for failures just as much as successes. Unfortunately, the narcissist's don't get this.

If Carter was running for President I would vote for him verses Obama and I'm dead serious about that one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies