Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 06:05 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,193,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Here is the funny thing with the militant poster:
He is married to a white woman.
How can a person say the above,about whites not caring about black interpersonal relationships,when he IS married to them?
I guess his wife doesn't care about his interpersonal relationships?

SMh.
I see that life is still tough for those that are bitter and can't get a man.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:30 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,751,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund_Burke View Post
The ghetto crowd ruin it for the rest of us. Same reason African immigrants don't care much for some of us.
I have said this all along, and it is difficult to sort out the good from the bad from vision alone. I am reluctant, until I get to know a person.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:26 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unique27 View Post
When are you going to start fixing the issues that plaque the white community? Like why are your kids shooting up schools, why is the majority of child molesters middle aged white men, and why is the majority of serial killers white men?

Maybe the reason why some of you can't address your own issues is because you are to worried about what black people are doing. You know you have to help yourselves before you can help others..
Uh; I'll give you the losers who go shooting up schools but, out of 100 anglo whites, I doubt they're a greater number of molesters and serial killers out there than Black people. MOST Americans ARE "anglo white".

When it's all said and done; many more Black dudes out of a 100 are offed by other Black dudes and Blacks are; what, maybe 13 percent of the US population?

Old 09-10-2012, 07:29 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
And your point is what? Only black people can call out a white person for being a racist? I'm white and I'm calling you out for what you are - a racist.
Why has everyone forgotten the great work and sacrifice of Martin Luther King? This great man knew one thing- that it is okay to judge a human being...You judge them by the depth and quality of their character...Maybe we should have another term for racist...like JERK...who in there right mind would believe that a whole race of individuals is exactly the same?

Old 09-10-2012, 07:45 AM

78,409 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I have heard that that Asians in Asia discriminate against black people. I guess that all one can do about it in the USA is to educate the Asian immigrants' children to treat everyone fairly in order to battle the racism issue.
.....and vice-versa.

I've seen a lot of that going both ways over the years.

Since I speak spanish and understand several bad words in korean....the comments I've heard on public transport are just lovely.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:20 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,838,057 times
I think the OP is just saying to blacks:

If your going to talk about racism,talk about ALL racism,not just white on black racism.
But I do believe black on black racism is more damaging than white on black racism.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:22 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,781,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Why has everyone forgotten the great work and sacrifice of Martin Luther King? This great man knew one thing- that it is okay to judge a human being...You judge them by the depth and quality of their character...Maybe we should have another term for racist...like JERK...who in there right mind would believe that a whole race of individuals is exactly the same?
Well, the fact that MLK was black, possibly some white people didn't listen to his words and the wisdom he possessed while they were screaming at the television. Sadly the message was also lost or forgotten by some black people as well.

As for your question, you might want to direct it to the individual who apparently is not in his right mind.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:37 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Why is it blacks have a bad reputation in America and not in Brazil (which had many more imported black slaves) or other countries that bought slaves from other Africans?
You should educate yourself about Brazil. Blacks in Brazil usually are poorer than "white" or mixed Brazillians. I hope you watched the clips shown earlier in the thread speaking of this sort of phenomenon in that country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
This is BS to me. I live in an urban community that was mostly black and Hispanic and has recently had a large influx of Asian immigrants. For the most part they look a little curious and don't really mix but they just work and send their kids to the neighborhood schools. They live in their bubble for the most part and don't bother anyone. They don't waste their time trying to make other minorities feel uncomfortable. The adults don't interact much but the kids do. On the playgrounds the kids play and don't seem to notice each others race. What I've noticed is that the few whites who live here self segregate. They send their kids to private school outside the community and their kids are never at the playground.
I agree with this and grew up in a similar community. We had a lot of Asians. Mostly Vietnamese but we also had some Cambodians, Laosians, Chinese and one of my classmates' family was from Thailand. She was one of best friends growing up as was the Vietnamese boy I mentioned above who I still speak to and who's cousin married one of my cousins (if you can believe it!! And it was one of his male cousins who married one of my female cousins!) so we are related by marriage.

The only difference was that our white neighbors were too poor to send their kids to private school. We all went to school together. This forum and different people I associate with IRL really make me treasure the diversity I grew up with and how it is a great thing to look at someone as a person instead of a _____ (insert ethnicity) person.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
No, because I've never talked to a black African-American who admitted their community has major issues...

The problems always seem to boil down to the racial discrimination African-Americans experience on a daily basis...

You know, the same old excuse.....
I would GLADLY speak to you about any sort of problems in this country in regards to black people and majority black neighborhoods.

To start I will say that it is ridiculous to me to call all black Americans as being in the "black community." Many black people live in areas that don't have "major issues." Since I am cheap and not afraid of black people, I live in a neighborhood that does have some issues. Some of them are even major issues. If you want to talk about them I will talk.

I would also speak to you about things I see that people use as excuses, but will also support the fact that racial discrimination does exist. Some people have made judgements about me based on their perception of black women, especially that I use foodstamps or am on welfare, but I don't see that as discrimination, I see it as stereotyping or being prejudicial and to me those do not equate with being racist.

I will also add that IMO, most people who want to speak about black Americans, who are not black themselves, just want to complain about and denigrate all black Americans. Even though that may not be your intent, you come off that way being that your first comment in this thread was just a long, drawn out stereotype of things black people do that you don't like - call themselves African American (even though I don't refer to myself as this, I don't see why you would think that is a problem in and of itself), wearing saggy pants, liking "booty" and basketball, speaking incorrect English. You basically lumped black people together with a slew of insults. Not many black Americans would give you the time of day when your first comments are the above. I like to look past comments such as those and will give people the benefit of doubt in that I see most of these sorts of stereotyping as ignorance and ignorance to me is just someone being uneducated about something, in this case black Americans and about blacks in Brazil which was another comment you made. If you want to discuss it, I will discuss it with you and won't even call you a racist unless you tell me that you hate black people or see them as inferior in comparison to other groups of people - that is the definition of being a racist. If you are this way, I would even still speak to you and hope something sinks in to free you of those attitudes but I won't get upset if you are that way and especially not in regards to your ignorance of black people (please note I'm not calling you ignorant, but the comments you have made would make me think that you are unless you are just being facetious or sarcastic).

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
When I was going to high school there was some Vietnamese boat people who were fresh off the ****. Everyone treated them really nice.......well, except for ??????
Except for who....

In my town most people were nice to our refugee community. There was some bullying and teasing that went on but it was not out of the ordinary and pretty much all the students, including myself, were teased at some point like most kids at at school. Due to us being told about the horrible conditions of the Vietnamese refugees before coming to our country, pretty much all of us 9 year olds (that was the year we got a lot of Vietnamese refugees in the neighborhood when I was a kid) were all super nice to them because we felt bad about the horrible things they had suffered during the war and their time as refugees in the Phillipines (the school filled our head with lots of horror stories about the refugee experience, hence my reference to the stereotypes I held about them before they arrived. I found out a lot of what we were told was not true). Pretty much all our "boat people" came when I was in elementary school. Our school told us beforehand that they would be coming and encouraged us to give them a "warm American welcoming." We did. By the time we were in high school, we were all friends and all of us had a regular high school experience. Due to me being in the TAG program and taking a lot of AP courses in high school, I was primarily around Asians and white people in school. There was some teasing and bullying going on but it was not in regards to someone's ethnicity, though my white friends did get talked about for being "Polacks" as we had a lot of Polish white people in my hometown, by other white students.

I will also input that another of my Vietnamese friends told me that she would never be allowed to buy a Japanese car ever. We were in high school talking about what we would like to have when we got our licenses. She told me her dad hated the Japanese due to how horrible their family had been treated by the Japanese during WWII. I never had heard about that before, and due to her mentioning this in our history class, our teacher (who I LOVED and wish I could find as I cannot find her) took that information and we studied moreso about WWII and the Japanese exploits and the effect it had on other Asian countries. Something that most Americans IME have not learned about as more is taught about the European war efforts and Hitler even though the Japanese were the ones who bombed Pearl Harbor, which I have always thought was strange.

Old 09-10-2012, 12:12 PM

288 posts, read 283,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; I'll give you the losers who go shooting up schools but, out of 100 anglo whites, I doubt they're a greater number of molesters and serial killers out there than Black people. MOST Americans ARE "anglo white".

When it's all said and done; many more Black dudes out of a 100 are offed by other Black dudes and Blacks are; what, maybe 13 percent of the US population?

Blacks do have issues, I never said we didn't. What I am seeing here is that you all are asking us to fix all the problems in the black community and I am asking you why haven't you dealt with your own? As usual you all can't address that..

Old 09-10-2012, 12:41 PM

635 posts, read 539,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
I have heard that that Asians in Asia discriminate against black people. I guess that all one can do about it in the USA is to educate the Asian immigrants' children to treat everyone fairly in order to battle the racism issue.
We should probably teach black kids not to loot stores owned by asians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies